House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

Bankers' Bonuses - Secret Talks To Reduce Bonuses

Robert Peston is talking to Stephen Nolan now about plans by the banks, who are having secret talks, to reduce their bonuses from 7 billion to 4 billion.

Well, I will sleep better tonight.

:rolleyes:

By upping base salaries by 40%.

Well I'm sure that as many people see their future hurtling into the economic void they won't begrudge the people who caused it a lousy 4 billion- that would be churlish, surely.

No, they will smile and perhaps grow a little misty eyed at the self sacrifice this gesture demonstrates, knowing that bankers too have empathy and a desire to 'do their bit' for the cause of 'austerity'.

Yeh- I can see that happening. :D

Robert Peston is talking to Stephen Nolan now about plans by the banks, who are having secret talks, to reduce their bonuses from 7 billion to 4 billion.

Well, I will sleep better tonight.

:rolleyes:

until bankers stop worrying about negative headlines, and start worrying about being strung up from the nearest lamppost, we're not going to get anywhere

(DISCLAIMER: the previous statement may be a satirical comment and not an incitement to violence)

Peston could at least attempt to earn his overblown salary by attempting to explain how these ludicrous bonus's were earned. Just what talent is required to loot the economy. Name name's too.

But once again, more bread and circuses that we have come to know and love in this country. We are NOT all in this together.

Mate of mine works for LLoyds and they're still getting bonuses - just called incentives / achievement payments. He tells me that they're vastly expanding the Investment Banking side of the business with the idea of becoming a Global Bank. It'll be sold off just before the next election so the Government can claim they've made a profit on the deal.

I find that new HSBC advert cheering, the one where the well heeled family emigrate to Brazil, presumably they are bankers doing it with our money. That's a nice exit strategy for when they have bled this place dry.

Mate of mine works for LLoyds and they're still getting bonuses - just called incentives / achievement payments. He tells me that they're vastly expanding the Investment Banking side of the business with the idea of becoming a Global Bank. It'll be sold off just before the next election so the Government can claim they've made a profit on the deal.

So the worlds central bankers print free money, the experts in investment banking create a huge bubble, meaning huge profits. The investment bank gets sold off due to said profits and free money for people to buy the shares with free money from the worlds central banks?

On the bonus front I wonder if these stories are being put about to try and quell public anger against the banks. Well it's worked here, looks like we are all in this together.