House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

Can't Believe It - Swansea

I was amazed today to see a SOLD sign on a house in Swansea West that has been on the market for about 2 years now.

It was last sold in 2001 for 180K according to the online data and had been, last Summer and throughout most of the Winter, advertised at 490K if I recall correctly. It only started to come down in price this Summer, first to about 470K and then to fifty quid short of 360K as of last week.

I am amazed!!! The owners, whom I am told put in a new kitchen and some new floors, must be laughing all the way to the bank.

I wonder if the sale will complete? But then a SOLD sign means it is SOLD legally does it not?

My first thought on it seeing it, apart from surprise, was whether it was in fact being used to bait buyers? The same EA has two other houses across the road which, so I am told, both owners are wondering why no one has bought them.