House Price Crash Forum

Couldn't Happen To A Nicer Bloke

HOLA441

When I was looking for a place to rent in Leamington Spa. I found a place that was both for sale and to rent. We offered the full monthly rental asking price. (£2000 pcm). The house was on the market for £515,000.

The potential landlord messed us around after a few weeks and finally withdrew from the rental period as "he had now accepted an offer to buy". I don't know at what price.

3 weeks later there was a huge cloud burst and the basement in the tossers place flooded. Sale fell through, went back on market at £475,000. It's today been reduced to £460,000.

I'm thoroughly enjoying watching this property get reduced and reduced. Long may it continue.

HOLA442
When I was looking for a place to rent in Leamington Spa. I found a place that was both for sale and to rent. We offered the full monthly rental asking price. (£2000 pcm). The house was on the market for £515,000.

The potential landlord messed us around after a few weeks and finally withdrew from the rental period as "he had now accepted an offer to buy". I don't know at what price.

3 weeks later there was a huge cloud burst and the basement in the tossers place flooded. Sale fell through, went back on market at £475,000. It's today been reduced to £460,000.

I'm thoroughly enjoying watching this property get reduced and reduced. Long may it continue.

Now, now.

I can't condone people leaving skylight windows open when touring a property. ;)

NDL

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Phurlease...... if the shoe was on the other foot you would be a picture of smugness as you made 350k.

He still hasn't sold it though, so to date has made exactly £0.00.

I'm also sure he'll feel very smug when he realises he can't afford to buy the much larger house he could easily have bought 5 years ago because it's price has unrealistically inflated.

"Ooo, I can't afford to move up the ladder, I feel so smug."

HOLA4412
Phurlease...... if the shoe was on the other foot you would be a picture of smugness as you made 350k.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Money is the root to all evil, you can't argue the holy book my BTL friend. Ever wondered why sometimes you get up and you just can't seem to find happiness, true happiness is free is all within, stop fretting about making money and go do some charity work, thats the answer.

HOLA4413
He still hasn't sold it though, so to date has made exactly £0.00.

I'm also sure he'll feel very smug when he realises he can't afford to buy the much larger house he could easily have bought 5 years ago because it's price has unrealistically inflated.

"Ooo, I can't afford to move up the ladder, I feel so smug."

.... which is why many people are downsizing and enjoying the equity gain for their retirement, etc.

If he does sell at... say... £400k, he still has a good chunk of money made from an appreciating asset that he would not have gotten if he had rented for the last x years. Must be an awful situation to make that kind of money and he must be a deeply terrible person to want to make money like that. Deeply terrible.

HOLA4414
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Money is the root to all evil, you can't argue the holy book my BTL friend. Ever wondered why sometimes you get up and you just can't seem to find happiness, true happiness is free is all within, stop fretting about making money and go do some charity work, thats the answer.

It is the love of money that is the root of evil my friend.

As for charity? Well I do things for charity.

Only last week a friend asked me if I wanted to run a marathon. I was not sure about it as I had last ran a marathon about 4 years ago. He said something that made my mind up.

He said it was for disabled children.

I thought.... "sh*t, I could win that!".

HOLA4415

As for charity?  Well I do things for charity.

Only last week a friend asked me if I wanted to run a marathon.  I was not sure about it as I had last ran a marathon about 4 years ago.  He said something that made my mind up.

Thats pretty evil, you take care when crossing the road next time.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Only last week a friend asked me if I wanted to run a marathon.  I was not sure about it as I had last ran a marathon about 4 years ago.  He said something that made my mind up.

That is evil, but funny! :lol:

I last heard humour like that when I was in the Army, I bet you're either serving or retired military. :ph34r:

Cheers.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Wow!

An intelligent bull, with a sense of humour!

Look after this one guys!

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
.... which is why many people are downsizing and enjoying the equity gain for their retirement, etc. 

If he does sell at... say... £400k, he still has a good chunk of money made from an appreciating asset that he would not have gotten if he had rented for the last x years.  Must be an awful situation to make that kind of money and he must be a deeply terrible person to want to make money like that.  Deeply terrible.

So he's retiring and down-sizing then, or moving abroad? If not he's worse-off thanks to house price inflation.

HOLA4423
Got ya!

Personally, REME '76 - '98  ;)

Good luck to you mate  B)

Mate of mine joined the REME at the same time I joined the signals. All our friends had bets on who would last the longest. He didn't even finish training!

I think REME training was a tad harder than R Signals then although both would probably have been much tougher back in the 70s.

Hope retirement has been kind on you!!!

HOLA4424
Mate of mine joined the REME at the same time I joined the signals.  All our friends had bets on who would last the longest.  He didn't even finish training!

I think REME training was a tad harder than R Signals then although both would probably have been much tougher back in the 70s.

Hope retirement has been kind on you!!!

It was certainly interesting doing basic training in the '70's, I remember being knocked out by a Jock instructor, I got in the way apparently. :P

As the nick says, I bought in '95 prior to retiring, left in '98 and landed a pretty good job.

We managed to pay of the mortgage by the end of '00 and haven't looked back.

2 independent kids, salary, pension & wife's salary, income's never been better, life's a tad dull at times though <_<

I'm hoping there will be an HPC purely so my kids can buy a house at a reasonable price, current prices are a joke.

It doesn't matter to me that my property value will decrease, I have no intention of selling, I bought a home not an investment.

I hope you've also done well since you left, I truly believe that military life will stand anyone in good stead.

Good to see you here, I hope you stick around. :D

HOLA4425