House Price Crash Forum

Taleb: Ben Bernanke Is A Serial Plane Crashe

OnlyMe

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
Guest UK Debt Slave

The guy is (I'm told) considered a joke among traders. "If he's so smart, why can't he make any money?".

None the less, you cannot deny the common sense he is talking

Here is Ron Paul's take on events

HOLA444

The guy is (I'm told) considered a joke among traders. "If he's so smart, why can't he make any money?".

what you'd sort of expect of them. Traders thrive on volatility, bernanke and co provide it is spades, the economy suffers, the state of the ecconomy nor the population is of no concern to traders neither is the ultimate solvency or otherwise of any country or company in which they trade.

HOLA445
Guest UK Debt Slave

A man with a brain, rare in the economics world.

I like his analogy about going to buy a suit and the tailor is Ben Bernanke

That Bernanke would use surgery to make the human fit the suit rather than tailoring the suit to fit the person

HOLA446
HOLA447

He's more publicity hungry than an X Factor contestant. So you have to question everything he says, is he searching for the truth...or just searching for airtime?

Seems bit unfair given that he's been in a self-imposed media exile for at least 6mnths whilst writing his latest book.

I dont know what beyond the basic message of the last book he has to say though? No one in any authority really listened then, and I doubt they will now.

HOLA448

what you'd sort of expect of them. Traders thrive on volatility, bernanke and co provide it is spades, the economy suffers, the state of the ecconomy nor the population is of no concern to traders neither is the ultimate solvency or otherwise of any country or company in which they trade.

Taleb is a trader trying to make a profit like all the others.

HOLA449

That probably shows that they've not even bothered to read his book. According to that he made a fortune in the LTCM crash a few years ago and has since made another on the lecture circuit. He declines to say how much, but enough to apparently regularly give cab drivers $1000 tips.

HOLA4410

He is advising a hedge fund, hedge funds often take positions that depend on market failure of some kind. So yea traders make out like bandits whilst the bubble inflates, the hedge fund cleans up when it pops.

So in the context of this forum, those trader are like housebuyers looking at those on this forum and saying if they are so smart why have they not made any money (out of re inflation).

HOLA4411

Taleb is a trader trying to make a profit like all the others.

hmm

He's also very concerned with philosophy.

Making money is making money, truth is something else again. his income level doesn't change the truth of things (not saying that he's found it mind you!)

HOLA4412

He is advising a hedge fund, hedge funds often take positions that depend on market failure of some kind. So yea traders make out like bandits whilst the bubble inflates, the hedge fund cleans up when it pops.

So in the context of this forum, those trader are like housebuyers looking at those on this forum and saying if they are so smart why have they not made any money (out of re inflation).

They'd be right.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414