HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Wow. That's bold. Let's hope he sticks to to it and can actually pull it off!

Sounds dangerously like attempting to "buck the market". Up until now I could understand where he was coming from, but I'm now beginning to fear for his sanity. Maybe he's been quoted out of context?

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Sounds dangerously like attempting to "buck the market". Up until now I could understand where he was coming from, but I'm now beginning to fear for his sanity. Maybe he's been quoted out of context?

Well if he reduces the percetile to like 15% then it will remove the floor off rents.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

the market is entirely supported by the government rental payments calculation.

all they need do is cut the benefit in half...they could do it tommorrow.

then, after some chaos, landlords face a choice...voids or accept lower rent.

then comes the possessions...then the bleating.

then the 180.

these guys have no balls....course, letting the market collapse would be great....for the people, bad for the financiers....

saying that, if this is done at the same time as a real attempt to administrate the busted banks, then it could work, our £ restored and the recession ending in weeks rather than never.

HOLA4414

It depends how he intends to buck this 'market'

When cartel-like positions have their power / privelige dissolved, incentives are improved, not destroyed

However, If he is talking about capping rents, then this is probably designed to be futile

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

He is the market!! Or at least 40% of it. The government using its dominant market position to drive down rents DOWN rather than UP.

HOLA4418

Problem is that i think people on here are too obsessed with the BTL brigade and tha the reality is that it will all probably come to nothing.

HOLA4419

He is the market!! Or at least 40% of it. The government using its dominant market position to drive down rents DOWN rather than UP.

I believe this is the government going on the offensive - rather than chucking out "poor families" they're trying to make the story "we're going to make rents cheaper for all".

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Yeah but he doens't mean it though. When a politician says something he means the complete opposite.

I.e. No more boom and bust meant more boom and bust etc

Yes, but I think I would put IDS up with Frank Field in terms of integrity. Definitely not a GB or the rest of the slime.

??

HOLA4422

I believe this is the government going on the offensive - rather than chucking out "poor families" they're trying to make the story "we're going to make rents cheaper for all".

Ah - beginning to make sense now. Could well impact on house prices in certain areas I would have thought (BTL'ers unable to charge their unemployed tenants high rents)

HOLA4423

the market is entirely supported by the government rental payments calculation.

all they need do is cut the benefit in half...they could do it tommorrow.

then, after some chaos, landlords face a choice...voids or accept lower rent.

then comes the possessions...then the bleating.

then the 180.

these guys have no balls....course, letting the market collapse would be great....for the people, bad for the financiers....

saying that, if this is done at the same time as a real attempt to administrate the busted banks, then it could work, our £ restored and the recession ending in weeks rather than never.

I agree with the sans-balls bit but, on this occasion, the coffers have simply run dry. Despite all the NuLabour/BBC bleating they haven't got a choice

Edited by Bootsox

HOLA4424
HOLA4425