House Price Crash Forum

Overheard Conversation On Tube

boo

HOLA441

On the tube home Friday 2 essex types get on (one had camel coat like Arthur daley). Talking about his cottage in southend he bought for 195,000 on a100% interest only mortgage, bragging his mortgage is only 400 quid a month but would be nearly 900 if did repayment. Reckoned it was worth 270,000 now, it was a 2 bed. His mate was asked if he would be selling, his reply " nah it's me pension I want to get a few more to rent out", reckoned he could get 1500 a month for it then mentioned that the next door neighbor was old and would probably die soon, and he reckoned he could get a deal from the blokes son! He mate then bitched about inheritance and said he had told his kids they were getting "facking nuffink"

Yuk....

HOLA442
HOLA443

Morons. He obviously hasn't seen the land registry figures for Southend on sea.

I did actually laugh out loud when he said he was going to get more properties, what with!? Had to stifle my smirks with a free evening standard

HOLA444

You'd be surprised. I currently do not work as an accountant, however I work in a large open office unit which is shared with a middle sized accountancy firm..

The accountants there all except one who everybody ignores don't get it. They talk about it in the same way.

Its pretty much like I've said the UK is going ALL rentier these days. Even my sister who felt renting sucked up too much of her money bought and wants to become rentier.

Its like the star trek thing about ferengi.

"The exploited? They don't want to end the exploitation, no absolutely not. They want to become the exploiters instead."

HOLA445

You'd be surprised. I currently do not work as an accountant, however I work in a large open office unit which is shared with a middle sized accountancy firm..

The accountants there all except one who everybody ignores don't get it. They talk about it in the same way.

Its pretty much like I've said the UK is going ALL rentier these days. Even my sister who felt renting sucked up too much of her money bought and wants to become rentier.

Its like the star trek thing about ferengi.

"The exploited? They don't want to end the exploitation, no absolutely not. They want to become the exploiters instead."

All of the accountants I know (and that includes most of my immediate family) are totally unable to see what is happening. They are all exposed to the bull mantra on a daily basis and swallow it hook line and sinker.

HOLA446
HOLA447

If you're in the top end of the property market it's still boom time round here, in contrast to the rest of the market which is depressed. The rich are obviously getting richer (or more indebted!) while the rest of us are getting poorer.

Where's round here?

Plenty of top end properties being reduced and not selling in Eseex and London.

HOLA448
HOLA449

On the tube home Friday 2 essex types get on (one had camel coat like Arthur daley). Talking about his cottage in southend he bought for 195,000 on a100% interest only mortgage, bragging his mortgage is only 400 quid a month but would be nearly 900 if did repayment. Reckoned it was worth 270,000 now, it was a 2 bed. His mate was asked if he would be selling, his reply " nah it's me pension I want to get a few more to rent out", reckoned he could get 1500 a month for it

That is soooo '2006' :lol: . He should get with the times!

HOLA4410

That is soooo '2006' :lol: . He should get with the times!

We still have the same delusional monetary policy that is intendedd to herd people into such decisions. That some react accordingly I suppose is not surprising.

The real retards at the top and they are desperately playing out the same misguided policies to cover up for their previous mistakes. The economy in general will continue to fail and living standards will fall to the point that one day the general public will realise they have been comprehensively lliedd to and financially raped of any future they might have looked forward to.

Edited by OnlyMe

HOLA4411

If you're in the top end of the property market it's still boom time round here, in contrast to the rest of the market which is depressed. The rich are obviously getting richer (or more indebted!) while the rest of us are getting poorer.

ffs

HOLA4412
HOLA4413