House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Irkuiem

Property People

Has anyone else noticed the programme on Sunday mornings called Property People (BBC2 at 11:30am). It follows around an estate agent in London and shows them struggling with "the drastic decline in the property market". A very bearish programme, even more so because it was made in the summer of 2003. :o

I've not noticed that one (normally at work). But I do look forward to Fridays edition of the Metro. It's interesting watching the new builds getting more desperate to sell. There are pages and pages of adverts for them on Fridays and all of them have incentives to buy (stamp duty paid, cashback, blah, blah, blah).

Has anyone else noticed the programme on Sunday mornings called Property People (BBC2 at 11:30am). It follows around an estate agent in London and shows them struggling with "the drastic decline in the property market". A very bearish programme, even more so because it was made in the summer of 2003.  :o

The fact is the market 'improved' towards the spring of 2004 and then fell back again.

I was thinking as I was watchig this - again - If only they'd return and film them now... :lol:

I watched it on Sunday. Some things I noticed :

1 - Actually seeing 10+ estate agents in the same room is terrifying. Between them I'd say they had the same number of brain cells as one person of average intelligence.

2 - An 18 year old new recruit, on his first day, farted in the office and pointed his table fan towards one of the older agents. The 3rd agent in the office giggled like a schoolgirl at the hilarity of the prank.

3 - The older estate agent hadn't had any sales in over a month and operated on a commission-only salary. He reminded me of the Gil character in the Simpsons (http://www.doheth.co.uk/lists/gilsjobs.shtml) and looked like he also hadn't slept in over a month. The bloke had obviously burnt-out, and like an elderly lion was being driven out by the younger cubs.

2 - An 18 year old new recruit, on his first day, farted in the office and pointed his table fan towards one of the older agents. The 3rd agent in the office giggled like a schoolgirl at the hilarity of the prank.

:lol: (sorry - my sense of humour isn't very sophisticated)

I'd have to agree that this is worthy of a chortle.....kinda shows that even EAs are human.

Now, lets see- who is my fan pointing at now....ah yes, the group secretary [peeeeAARRRRRP]