House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pent Up

Asking Prices Falling In Ongar, Essex

Noticed a couple of houses in Mrs Pent up's area both just come on the market, the first is a relisting was removed from the market a month or two ago up for £399K, a smallish two bedroom bungalow. Now relisted with new agent guide price £350K-£400K (So £350K but still mental!)

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-28357312.html

Second one just up the road listed a recently, almost identical to one a few houses down both very well decorated internally although this one does need a lick of paint externally. Both extended 4 bedrooms. the other house 'sold' before falling through at the last minute and the vendors decided to stay put. This was up for £385K new one up for £369,950

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-17243886.html

First time i've seen any real movement in initial asking prices in this area.

I spotted the first one also. Located in Ongar. Not sure the road looks too good and also sure its cheaper if you go to John '????/ local agents website. Think its down to 319K. Was sold & now re-available. :rolleyes:

Pent-Up - I may have found a house...... BUT if I have - I can tell you where theres a steal of a deal - location & price (you & I looking same area). Keeping latter underwraps at mo, but started at 520K and now way, way, way down. Keep in touch very desperate sellers. Price not quite where I wanted , but as I say may have found something else now

That £319k one is a similar one round the corner. It sold some time again then came back on the market. The road is actually very nice I know it well. The bungalow is still grotesquely overpriced!

Sounds interesting Muskoka but If it started at £520k it won't come down to my price range. I'm looking to be mortgage free, or near to it. I'd still be interested to see it though.

Where have you found? Hope you're getting a good deal. I'm waiting a another year minimum.

That £319k one is a similar one round the corner. It sold some time again then came back on the market. The road is actually very nice I know it well. The bungalow is still grotesquely overpriced!

Sounds interesting Muskoka but If it started at £520k it won't come down to my price range. I'm looking to be mortgage free, or near to it. I'd still be interested to see it though.

Where have you found? Hope you're getting a good deal. I'm waiting a another year minimum.

Apologies. Wrongfully assumed same bungalow. Maybe found?/Not sure yet. As for the one that started at 520K, I'm 99% positive it could be bought at 30% off of that price, maybe even a bit more. I know the situ on it & the history behind it. Will keep you posted if I go for other one.