House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

davedavies

How Lying Liars Lie About Climate Change

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2010/11/13/gores-movie-in-the-uk-behind-the-scenes-battle/

The warmist media and blogoshere were horrified by Ofcom’s failure to slate The Great Global Warming Swindle, but Channel 4 was obviously relieved and launched a damage limitation exercise. In an interview soon after the decision was published, Hamish Mykura of Channel 4 announced that they would broadcast Al Gore’s film An Inconvenient Truth as soon as it became available for television. That really interested me.

If the complaint against The Great Global Warming Swindle was rather flimsy, in spite of it’s great length and the vast team that had been put together to draft it, a devastating indictment of AIT already existed from a quite unimpeachable source; a judgement in the High Court. This established that AIT appeared to present the mainstream views on climate change accurately and impartially, but did not in fact do so

The despicable proiteering of the "Greens" is being exposed every day now. The only defenders of their tactics are those who are directly benefitting from the scam. This is the new scandal of our time, an our countryside is being trashed with huge white elephant windmills that make our power more and more expensive due to their uselessness.

As time passes it strikes me that the loudest people are the ones who know the least. Nowhere is this more true than in the field of climate science. The key word here is 'science' yet the public debate about it is more akin to a religion in which opposing factions scream childish insults at each other in a knowledge and evidence vacuum. Any attempt at rationality is drowned out by the ignorance and hypocrisy of both sides. Frankly I'm no more interested in the average Joe's opinion on climate change as I am of their prediction of whether it will be a white Christmas or not. Both views are based on mere speculation. This is an area of policy that should be left to peer-reviewed, scientific analysis; not a howling mob of morons.

As time passes it strikes me that the loudest people are the ones who know the least. Nowhere is this more true than in the field of climate science. The key word here is 'science' yet the public debate about it is more akin to a religion in which opposing factions scream childish insults at each other in a knowledge and evidence vacuum. Any attempt at rationality is drowned out by the ignorance and hypocrisy of both sides. Frankly I'm no more interested in the average Joe's opinion on climate change as I am of their prediction of whether it will be a white Christmas or not. Both views are based on mere speculation. This is an area of policy that should be left to peer-reviewed, scientific analysis; not a howling mob of morons.

The howling mob of morons have bastardised peer review. Witness Phil Jones, unscientist, who says Urban Heat is 0.05c per century.

You can find his unscientific comments, such as "why should I show you my data, when I have 25 years invested in this", widely available on the net.

Scammer.

Will the sceptics please explain why we now have a northwest passage due to ice retreat if there is no global warming?

Presumably the ice went out in sympathy with French and Greek strikers. :rolleyes:

'You may not know about this, but in the 1930's and 40's the Northwest passage above Canada was successfully navigated a number of times by ships.

As Mark Dickerson of the University of Calgary notes, In 1937 E. J. Gall made the transit in a small (60 foot long) wooden ship. You can see photos of it, and read about the voyage here: http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cach…

That same year, the same vessel met the SS Nascopie of the Hudson Bay Company at the furthest north outpost of Prince Regent Inlet, such was the low extent of ice at the time: http://www.hbc.com/hbcheritage/history/t… The SS Nascopie even took tourists on board for voyages around the Northwest in the 1930's!

Again, the University of Calgary records how in 1942, and again in 1944, the

"frail and underpowered little ship" the St Roch, a wooden RCMP ship successfully navigated the passage - in 1944 it made the journey with little trouble in only 86 days! http://www.ucalgary.ca/arcticexpedition/…

Since then many ships have made the journey.

1969: SS Manhattan collected oil from Prudhoe Bay as part of Northwest passage.

(See: Bern Keating, Tomas Sennett, Through the Northwest Passage for Oil, National Geographic Magazine, Vol 137, no 3, March 1970)

In 1977 Willy de Roos sailed through it in his yacht

(see http://www.amazon.co.uk/North-West-Passa… )

And in 1984 the cruise ship the MS Explorer made the journey as well.

What do you think these successful transits of the Northwest passage tell us about the variability of the Arctic ice before satellite measurements began?

.You may not know about this, but in the 1930's and 40's the Northwest passage above Canada was successfully navigated a number of times by ships.

As Mark Dickerson of the University of Calgary notes, In 1937 E. J. Gall made the transit in a small (60 foot long) wooden ship. You can see photos of it, and read about the voyage here: http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cach…

That same year, the same vessel met the SS Nascopie of the Hudson Bay Company at the furthest north outpost of Prince Regent Inlet, such was the low extent of ice at the time: http://www.hbc.com/hbcheritage/history/t… The SS Nascopie even took tourists on board for voyages around the Northwest in the 1930's!

Again, the University of Calgary records how in 1942, and again in 1944, the

"frail and underpowered little ship" the St Roch, a wooden RCMP ship successfully navigated the passage - in 1944 it made the journey with little trouble in only 86 days! http://www.ucalgary.ca/arcticexpedition/…

Since then many ships have made the journey.

1969: SS Manhattan collected oil from Prudhoe Bay as part of Northwest passage.

(See: Bern Keating, Tomas Sennett, Through the Northwest Passage for Oil, National Geographic Magazine, Vol 137, no 3, March 1970)

In 1977 Willy de Roos sailed through it in his yacht

(see http://www.amazon.co.uk/North-West-Passa… )

And in 1984 the cruise ship the MS Explorer made the journey as well.

What do you think these successful transits of the Northwest passage tell us about the variability of the Arctic ice before satellite measurements began?'

iberal

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Bad reporting about the Northwest Passage issue.

'There is nothing that that spreads faster than a global warming scare story even when it is false. I’ve investigated several of the bogus claims here over the last year or so. Those can be found here, here, here, here and here. Now for the newest story. The famed Northwest Passage is now open, supposedly for the first time, so that a ship can actually make the journey.

The BBC dramatically reported on September 14 that: “The most direct shipping route from Europe to Asia is fully clear of ice for the first time since records began.” They are a bit dicey about when those records began or what records they are referring to. In fact it is satellite records of the passage that were started in 1978. So they mean for the first time since 1978. They leave out the date for the start of the records. Note: The report now mentions 1978, if it was there when I read it two days ago I didn't see it. However, many, many other reports have left the date out.

The first time!!!! Really? How can they say that? They actually reported on September 10, 2000 that: “A Canadian police patrol boat has completed a voyage through the fabled Northwest Passage without encountering any pack ice.”

How many “first times” are there at the BBC? Is this the environmental equivalent being a virgin, again?'

read moreMy link

Will the sceptics please explain why we now have a northwest passage due to ice retreat if there is no global warming?

Presumably the ice went out in sympathy with French and Greek strikers. :rolleyes:

If the effects of global warming - man made or otherwise - are beneficial then where's the problem?

So there's now a northwest passage for a few weeks of the year, is that a good reason to destroy our economy with draconian CO2 reduction plans? Ones that won't the slightest bit of difference to Canada's climate.

Green campaigners are starting to get pretty sloppy, this is about people control not a love of the planet.

Green campaigners are starting to get pretty sloppy, this is about people control not a love of the planet.

Totally agree, when the enviro-fascist talk about global warming they tend to mean man made global warming.

The whole issue has been hijacked be the lefty greens as a tool to give industrialisation a good beating.

Personally, nothing pisses me off more than other folk trying to tell me what/how to think.

If the effects of global warming - man made or otherwise - are beneficial then where's the problem?

Exactly! Assuming that we are at the perfect temp today and a move in either direction is terrible is stupid.

Something wrong with your sig. we use about 80m barrels a day and if there are 1000B barrels that is some 30-35 years worth.

World assumes 1400B barrels which is about 45 years worth. Oh and btw no field has been or is expected to be extracted fully.

Plus it seems opec says they have 1000B barrels but only produce 30m or so a day while the rest say they got 250B barrels but produce 50m a day. Something there doesn’t seem right. I know it isn’t that simple but one of the two or both are lying. Either the non opec have closer to 2000B instead of 250B or opec is massively holding back and could produce another 50m barrels a day should it really need to do so.

To reduce Britains CO2 emissions more couldn't we ship the last of our manufacturing over to China where they will never have any carbon taxes?

The ships that transport all the stuff from China to here are all powered by solar power right? RIGHT?

I heard of this woman in Australia who started this cheap party supplies store , the party supplies were made in China but she got them shipped from a US based WAL-MART store.So the party supplies went from China>USA>Australia.Hardly a sustainable long term business model if we've already passed peak oil is it?

I suppose the bedsit dwelling w4nkers on here are not worried about their children and grandchildren because as no-woman w4nkers they don't have any nor are they likely to.

I suppose the bedsit dwelling w4nkers on here are not worried about their children and grandchildren because as no-woman w4nkers they don't have any nor are they likely to.

Theres already enough people in the world mate.

More people = more CO2 or hadn't you worked that one out yet?

Exactly! Assuming that we are at the perfect temp today and a move in either direction is terrible is stupid.

Something wrong with your sig. we use about 80m barrels a day and if there are 1000B barrels that is some 30-35 years worth.

World assumes 1400B barrels which is about 45 years worth. Oh and btw no field has been or is expected to be extracted fully.

Plus it seems opec says they have 1000B barrels but only produce 30m or so a day while the rest say they got 250B barrels but produce 50m a day. Something there doesn’t seem right. I know it isn’t that simple but one of the two or both are lying. Either the non opec have closer to 2000B instead of 250B or opec is massively holding back and could produce another 50m barrels a day should it really need to do so.

Ooops! Thanks, sig changed.

An excellent, well thought out post that will surely sway the opinion of deniers. Amazing that Al Gore missed this crucial point in AIT.

Bedsits are very fuel efficient though, I thought you'd be championing this type of altruistic Co2-reductionist living arrangement.

Would it make you feel better if all the "bedsit dwelling w4nkers" had a few sprogs and then claimed a very large energy hungry house from the state?

Make your mind up!

I am concerned about the future of the enviroment, but I'm just concerned with real issues such as GM foods, nuclear energy,the toxification of the enviroment with chemicals.

The carbon cycle is the process in which carbon atoms are recycled over and over again on Earth. Carbon recycling takes place within Earth's biosphere and between living things and the nonliving environment. Since a continual supply of carbon is essential for all living organisms, the carbon cycle is the name given to the different processes that move carbon from one to another. The complete cycle is made up of "sources" that put carbon back into the environment and "sinks" that absorb and store carbon.

To call carbon a polutant is beyond insanity, we currently live in a period where we are carbon deficient, carbon makes up about 0.035% of our atmosphere, in the past it has been 7, 30, 700 times this, and life got along just fine.

To think that man can control the carbon cycle of the Earth is asinine, hell 1000 years ago King ***** proved to his courtiers that man could not control nature, how far we have come today.

I am concerned about the future of the enviroment, but I'm just concerned with real issues such as GM foods, nuclear energy,the toxification of the enviroment with chemicals.

The carbon cycle is the process in which carbon atoms are recycled over and over again on Earth. Carbon recycling takes place within Earth's biosphere and between living things and the nonliving environment. Since a continual supply of carbon is essential for all living organisms, the carbon cycle is the name given to the different processes that move carbon from one to another. The complete cycle is made up of "sources" that put carbon back into the environment and "sinks" that absorb and store carbon.

To call carbon a polutant is beyond insanity, we currently live in a period where we are carbon deficient, carbon makes up about 0.035% of our atmosphere, in the past it has been 7, 30, 700 times this, and life got along just fine.

To think that man can control the carbon cycle of the Earth is asinine, hell 1000 years ago King ***** proved to his courtiers that man could not control nature, how far we have come today.

I can't believe that King C nut is a bad word.

Just asked my 14 year old about man made global warming and she thinks it's cobblers as well.

http://wattsupwithth...-scenes-battle/

The despicable proiteering of the "Greens" is being exposed every day now. The only defenders of their tactics are those who are directly benefitting from the scam. This is the new scandal of our time, an our countryside is being trashed with huge white elephant windmills that make our power more and more expensive due to their uselessness.

I keep telling you - the Worlds Billionaires and Millionaires are 'all in' for the Green/Eco Scam businesses. They own the companies and all the shares in them ready to scam Trillions of £$ off the World's populations!

What you should really worry about is how they are brainwashing ALL kids/Students in skools to force a major divide in the population as they do not know what the truth is!

They are turning them into Eco-fascists to carry out the uber-rich elites dirty work!

The ones carrying this out like Al Gore, Bill Gates, Sorros etc are the spawn of the Devil - Green is Red!

Beware!

So there's now a northwest passage for a few weeks of the year, is that a good reason to destroy our economy with draconian CO2 reduction plans? Ones that won't the slightest bit of difference to Canada's climate.

And this is precisely the point! Whether it's environmentalism, gun control, ani-hunting, wearing fur, animal testing, vegetarianism, or whetever, it's very very rarely about the greater good and almost always about controling people's behavior and getting them to conform to the moral stadards of the people doing the campaigning.

Go back to sleep - Total earth ice coverage has declined by 1/25th over 30 years - nothing to worry your head about!

The Antarctic is at almost an all time high in ice extent!

So something else is happening - place we are in galaxy?

Undersea volcanics warming up that area?

Earth tilting differently? etc