House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jackpot06

Gulf Keystone

Think I've been a bit ditzy using the term 'punt ' does it mean something else other than investing in some shares? ---that's what I meant anyway --simply investing in shares in this company .

Think I've been a bit ditzy using the term 'punt ' does it mean something else other than investing in some shares? ---that's what I meant anyway --simply investing in shares in this company .

I thought it was the name of a horse when i saw the topic

I bought (£500 worth) and sold the following during the last few months

RKH - Tripled my money

GKP - Made about £200

DES - Still got the shares - up about 10% though it's been a rollercoaster.

My view on ALL shares is that if anyone knew what was going to happen, they would never get traded.

If you can afford to lose every penny you spend then give it a go.

Strangely enough, the giant squid doesn't like it either. I don't know what to read into that. I suppose I should mention that I have never owned shares in this company, having spent time in the part of the world it just does not sit right with me. Doesn't mean there isn't money to be made, though.