House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Masked Tulip

Letting Agent Jailed For 3 And A Half Years

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-west-wales-11743382

Three men have been jailed for a total of seven-and-a-half years for their part in running a cannabis factory, involving drugs worth £14m.

Twenty Chinese and Vietnamese people have already been convicted and sentenced to jail.

It brings to the end a major investigation, code-named Operation Jade.

North Wales Police found what is thought to be the largest cannabis farm in the UK - 11,276 plants in Bangor.

The haul was found in a converted building supplies store.

The hearing at Caernarfon Crown Court dealt with a property agent and builders involved in the premises used for cultivating the drugs.

Nicholas Pritchard from Y Felinheli, Gwynedd, a letting agent, who found properties for drug growing, was jailed for three-and-a-half years.

Twins Keith and Edward Reid from Anglesey were builders who adapted them, received two-and-a-half years and 18 months respectively.

They were all convicted of conspiracy to produce cannabis at an earlier trial.

They were also convicted of money laundering by letting or converting buildings to be used as factories.

The UK grows most of it's own weed these days ...

Perhaps they should legalise the sale and then companies could be exporting it?

Or is it not economically viable once you have to pay for the electric?

The UK grows most of it's own weed these days ...

Perhaps they should legalise the sale and then companies could be exporting it?

Or is it not economically viable once you have to pay for the electric?

sunshine is free

the main reason they use lights is to keep it hidden

it will grow very well in southern UK summers ........so ahm told!!

Yes, if I had my way I would legalise all drugs, up to and including heroin. If heroin was available was available to addicts on the NHS free-of-charge it would cost £2-£3 a day and would save them the trouble of burgling our houses because they need £200 a day.

And bring peace and prosperity to Afghanistan.

There is no point in running campaigns saying "David Cameron says don't take drugs".

As for cannabis, it's not half as harmful as alcohol and Tesco peddle that by the lorry-load. I would prefer it if Tesco was illegal.

it will grow very well in southern UK summers .

No it won't. A cold moist night will leave it ruined by mould. And we have loads of them in september.

No it won't. A cold moist night will leave it ruined by mould. And we have loads of them in september.

Try a greenhouse or polytunnel and you will have no problem,so i am told ,and a good all female seed like northern lights

I thought we used to produce tons of Hemp for clothing and stuff years ago...or is modern canabis getting a "entitled"?

Try a greenhouse or polytunnel and you will have no problem,so i am told ,and a good all female seed like northern lights

And, hypothetically, how would the nosey neighbours not see it growing and grass you up? So I am told, it's smelly and rather obvious.

nonsense , as long as doesnt go below 5 C its fine

mould is more likely to occur in a poorly ventilated greenhouse

it grows fine in the NL and Nepal outside

Yes, if I had my way I would legalise all drugs, up to and including heroin. If heroin was available was available to addicts on the NHS free-of-charge it would cost £2-£3 a day and would save them the trouble of burgling our houses because they need £200 a day.

And bring peace and prosperity to Afghanistan.

There is no point in running campaigns saying "David Cameron says don't take drugs".

As for cannabis, it's not half as harmful as alcohol and Tesco peddle that by the lorry-load. I would prefer it if Tesco was illegal.

Someone posted a few videos of some american women (sorry, not very precise) on alex jones detailing why keeping drugs illegal helps the PTB stay rich and powerful.

Obviously, there is very little rational argument against widespread legalisation, but there are darker reasons why most politicians, be they Liblabcon wont entertain the idea.

there are darker reasons why most politicians, be they Liblabcon wont entertain the idea.

yup

the powers that be are in bed with the cartels

making a good cut

the opium wars is not so last last century as you may think

Obviously, there is very little rational argument against widespread legalisation

Indeed.. I expect we'll see it in our lifetimes.

Even as a non-user it's easy to see it's no worse than drink or cigarettes and I reckon most of the younger generation know that now.

There is too much money being made illegally by a minority.. production should be controlled and age restrictions applied.

Common sense will prevail. Eventually.