House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

swissy_fit

Diet Supplements/vitamins Etc

Some posters on here are keen on supplements etc, Trickster is a fan of Vit D3 as an example...

I need to buy some highish-dose (<100mg) Co-enzyme Q10 capsules for fairly longterm use(at least a few months, then I'll see).

Is anyone else using it?

Where is the best place to get this on the net? (Must deliver to mainland Europe)

I've found plenty of sites selling it at various (quite high) prices, but if anyone has any experience or knowledge they don't mind sharing I'd be grateful.

Thanks

Some posters on here are keen on supplements etc, Trickster is a fan of Vit D3 as an example...

I need to buy some highish-dose (<100mg) Co-enzyme Q10 capsules for fairly longterm use(at least a few months, then I'll see).

Is anyone else using it?

Where is the best place to get this on the net? (Must deliver to mainland Europe)

I've found plenty of sites selling it at various (quite high) prices, but if anyone has any experience or knowledge they don't mind sharing I'd be grateful.

Thanks

Is it blood pressure related?

Cant help with sourcing it but can help with things that work for high bp.

Is it blood pressure related?

Cant help with sourcing it but can help with things that work for high bp.

Yes, it's for mild hypertension. Always ready to listen to more advice.

Co-Q10 is the most expensive of the things I'm hunting for so thought I'd see what peoples' experience is before buying loads......

Yes, it's for mild hypertension. Always ready to listen to more advice.

Co-Q10 is the most expensive of the things I'm hunting for so thought I'd see what peoples' experience is before buying loads......

mine was averaging 150/100 less than a month ago.

Started to sort it on 13/Nov. Stopped alcohol, junk food, sugar but still smoke.

I eat a clove of garlic a day or at least a garlic tablet. I take cod liver oil. I eat a handful of walnuts and almonds everyday. Started going to the gym as well.

Averages 128/83 now. Not bad in less than a month.

I never used the corn flour but was told by a nurse a few years back to put a spoon full of cornflour in a glass of water at night and leave it. Drink the liquid in the morning (not the crap at the bottom) and BP will start to drop off quickly. I think it was to be done every day.

Beetroot and celery are top BP veg.

mine was averaging 150/100 less than a month ago.

Started to sort it on 13/Nov. Stopped alcohol, junk food, sugar but still smoke.

I eat a clove of garlic a day or at least a garlic tablet. I take cod liver oil. I eat a handful of walnuts and almonds everyday. Started going to the gym as well.

Averages 128/83 now. Not bad in less than a month.

I never used the corn flour but was told by a nurse a few years back to put a spoon full of cornflour in a glass of water at night and leave it. Drink the liquid in the morning (not the crap at the bottom) and BP will start to drop off quickly. I think it was to be done every day.

Beetroot and celery are top BP veg.

Thanks.

I'm about 145/90, so not terrible but needs improving.

Don't mind stopping junk food, I don't eat it anyway.

Don't eat much artificial sugar but do eat fruit and juices - did you stop those as well?

Don't mind garlic, though a clove a day will make me stink.

Cod liver oil I used to take anyway so can easily restart.

I'm pretty fit already, run 3 times a week and play tennis twice, can still beat the youngsters at work.

The cornflour thing sounds like witchcraft or homeopathy, is it for the potassium?

Beetroot and celery. :( Oh well, I can be quite disciplined about stuff like that, I'll give them a go in the juicer.

Thanks.

Don't eat much artificial sugar but do eat fruit and juices - did you stop those as well?

I'm pretty fit already, run 3 times a week and play tennis twice, can still beat the youngsters at work.

The cornflour thing sounds like witchcraft or homeopathy, is it for the potassium?

Beetroot and celery. :( Oh well, I can be quite disciplined about stuff like that, I'll give them a go in the juicer.

I didn't stop natural sugar just chocolate and white sugar etc.

Garlic tablets are cheap enough and no hassle.

Not sure why the cornflour thing but like I said, was the nurse who told me. If it were potassium related I am sure she would have just said bananas.

I havent been eating the beetroot or celery this month but have tried to in the past. The only way I like celery is with salt or cream cheese so that doesnt help :D . It isnt too bad ice cold out of the fridge.

I havent bothered with the oily fish either as I dont like it but makarel, sardines, pilchards etc are all recommended by the docs.

I didn't stop natural sugar just chocolate and white sugar etc.

Garlic tablets are cheap enough and no hassle.

Not sure why the cornflour thing but like I said, was the nurse who told me. If it were potassium related I am sure she would have just said bananas.

I havent been eating the beetroot or celery this month but have tried to in the past. The only way I like celery is with salt or cream cheese so that doesnt help :D . It isnt too bad ice cold out of the fridge.

I havent bothered with the oily fish either as I dont like it but makarel, sardines, pilchards etc are all recommended by the docs.

You've done pretty well in a month. Problem for me is, my diet and fitness was pretty good already and I don't smoke, so there are no really easy quick wins.

You've done pretty well in a month. Problem for me is, my diet and fitness was pretty good already and I don't smoke, so there are no really easy quick wins.

I was reasonably fit anyway but still smoke. Possibly the biggest difference has been dropping alcohol followed by staying out of mcdonalds etc.

There may be few quick wins but I would look at known and natural stuff before going for pills. Plenty of info out there. Good luck.

Thanks.

In my experience, doing all of the above is better than a stroke.sad.gif

In my experience, doing all of the above is better than a stroke.sad.gif

:(

Sorry to hear that. My mum had one at 58, so I'm wary to say the least.

Have started the beet juice - it tastes alright but for some reason makes me feel queasy a few minutes later, then wears off.

I might try taking it in the morning, think there's too much sugar in it for the evening.

Anyone got any tips for a juicer that's small, efficient and isn't a complete nuisance to clean?

Ours is good but has far too many parts, takes 2 minutes to make the juice, 10 minutes to clean.

Silly question but have never eaten raw garlic - what's the best way to eat a clove - peel it then swallow it? Chewing it will get me excommunicated by, well, everyone.....

I was reasonably fit anyway but still smoke. Possibly the biggest difference has been dropping alcohol followed by staying out of mcdonalds etc.

There may be few quick wins but I would look at known and natural stuff before going for pills. Plenty of info out there. Good luck.

Have you dropped alcohol completely?

I'm a bit mis at the prospect of dropping red wine (which is pretty much all I drink).

I drink about a glass every day with supper, quite a bit more at weekends. I only ever stop it temporarily if I need to lose weight (say before a ski-ing or surf trip)