House Price Crash Forum
The Masked Tulip

How To Avert A 1930S Style Crisis

Newsnight will be discussing how to avoid another financial crisis on the scale of the Great Depression tonight. Paul Mason has written quite an interesting blog on this over at:

G20: Why to avoid a re-run of the 1930s

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/newsnight/paulmason/2010/11/g20_why_to_avoid_a_re-run_of_t.html

It is a long blog but worth a read.

Newsnight will be discussing how to avoid another financial crisis on the scale of the Great Depression tonight. Paul Mason has written quite an interesting blog on this over at:

G20: Why to avoid a re-run of the 1930s

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/newsnight/paulmason/2010/11/g20_why_to_avoid_a_re-run_of_t.html

It is a long blog but worth a read.

Can you summarise it in a tweet...? :P

Thanks for the heads up. I really respect Paul Mason, he is one of the most intelligent and easily understood commentators on the BBC.

On a cold, wet night in London, what better way to spend a Friday night than a bottle of red and a bit of Newsnight...

Thanks for the heads up. I really respect Paul Mason, he is one of the most intelligent and easily understood commentators on the BBC.

On a cold, wet night in London, what better way to spend a Friday night than a bottle of red and a bit of Newsnight...

Trying to get Call of Duty Black Ops to load? :unsure:

Out on the town eyeing up the talent, or if your going to insist on staying in then you can at least watch a comically titled blue movie!

Trying to get Call of Duty Black Ops to load? :unsure:

lol, so I guess you haven't got very far, one might even describe you as a n00b!

I hope you're playing the PC version, if you can't get a console version to load, may I recommend putting the disc in the correct way around :P

lol, so I guess you haven't got very far, one might even describe you as a n00b!

I hope you're playing the PC version, if you can't get a console version to load, may I recommend putting the disc in the correct way around :P

Nah, I have read hundreds of really negative user reviews about it that I have decided to give it a miss. The mag reviews rave about it - funny that - but the user reviews of it in the past 48 hours are pretty negative. So many used copies up on eBay already.

Was going to buy it but reviews about the cartoon like graphics, naff maps, naff gameplay, naff AI, aim appearing to be out, lag online, etc, etc... and those tedious dogs YET AGAIN... means my money will go on another game.

Is this the same Paul Mason on Newsnight the other week in front of a graph of US house prices, saying "house prices went down and that's bad...." ??

Is this the same Paul Mason on Newsnight the other week in front of a graph of US house prices, saying "house prices went down and that's bad...." ??

I don't know, but every time I see Paul Mason's name it makes me think of a light, cool, not too expensive, Californian Rose'.

I don't know, but every time I see Paul Mason's name it makes me think of a light, cool, not too expensive, Californian Rose'.

Every time i see Paul Mason i think only the BBC would give that man a job, and only in the BBC would that man be given the title 'economics editor'

Nah, I have read hundreds of really negative user reviews about it that I have decided to give it a miss. The mag reviews rave about it - funny that - but the user reviews of it in the past 48 hours are pretty negative. So many used copies up on eBay already.

Was going to buy it but reviews about the cartoon like graphics, naff maps, naff gameplay, naff AI, aim appearing to be out, lag online, etc, etc... and those tedious dogs YET AGAIN... means my money will go on another game.

Could be worse, I'm still trying to get GTA4 to work :(

To be fair that is a requirement to be a BBC economist. The once respected Flanders splurted out this week, when trying to explain QE2 that "house prices were falling again" (in the US) with the same kind of exasperated tone you would use, if gravity were suddenly reversed.

Edited by Sir John Steed

Just caught the end of Newsnight, and they showed the front page of tommorrow's Daily Telegraph with a healine reading "A Million to repay home loans after they retire".

Surely it should read: "A million to claim SMI to repay home loans after they retire"?

Edited by rented