House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Realistbear

Chinese Tat Getting Expensive

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20101112/tod-vase-found-in-bungalow-sells-for-rec-870a197.html

A Chinese vase discovered during a routine clear-out of a bungalow in northwest London has sold at auction for a record £51m, leaving the sellers flabbergasted.

Probably bought for £2 at a jumble sale--would have gone for more if it didn't have Mecho in Chine on it. :lol:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20101112/tod-vase-found-in-bungalow-sells-for-rec-870a197.html

A Chinese vase discovered during a routine clear-out of a bungalow in northwest London has sold at auction for a record £51m, leaving the sellers flabbergasted.

Probably bought for £2 at a jumble sale--would have gone for more if it didn't have Mecho in Chine on it. :lol:

Actually passed down the family, probably having been nicked during an Opium War.

The British Army looting the imperial palace in Peking (now Beijing). Wonder if the Chinese have forgotten that yet? *

One day I'll tell you some anecdotes about members of my family and their Chinese, ahem, acquisitions.

*Clue: probably not

Edit: splung, a susual.

*Clue: probably not

Definitely not. Most bad things that happen in China today are twisted so that they can be cast as "Britain's fault".

Personally I blame the Swedes, Danes, Belgians, Germans, Italians, Irish, French etc etc etc etc blah blah blah for making us what we are.

Definitely not. Most bad things that happen in China today are twisted so that they can be cast as "Britain's fault".

Personally I blame the Swedes, Danes, Belgians, Germans, Italians, Irish, French etc etc etc etc blah blah blah for making us what we are.

Oh I dunno they have a very very good case, as before the East India company, China and India were the richest nations on the planet, some plundering later selling of opium etc they became one of the poorest nations. The problem for the western world is Chinese NEVER forget. For instance my dad whines about how my ancestor in 1870s Liverpool was exploited by his bosses. My grand dad used to whine about how his ancestor was exploited in the opium wars, etc etc.

This is bad for the western world as they may well take their revenge and rentier you to death... i.e buy up everything which is essential say food, water, energy and charge you obsene amounts for it. I've said it on my blog plenty of times, Chinese people in China (and SARs as well as Taiwan) do not want to end exploitation of other Chinese people.

They want to move to the position of exploiter instead, and ending the exploitation means there will never be a chance of being the exploiter.

Oh I dunno they have a very very good case, as before the East India company, China and India were the richest nations on the planet, some plundering later selling of opium etc they became one of the poorest nations. The problem for the western world is Chinese NEVER forget. For instance my dad whines about how my ancestor in 1870s Liverpool was exploited by his bosses. My grand dad used to whine about how his ancestor was exploited in the opium wars, etc etc.

This is bad for the western world as they may well take their revenge and rentier you to death... i.e buy up everything which is essential say food, water, energy and charge you obsene amounts for it. I've said it on my blog plenty of times, Chinese people in China (and SARs as well as Taiwan) do not want to end exploitation of other Chinese people.

They want to move to the position of exploiter instead, and ending the exploitation means there will never be a chance of being the exploiter.

Oh I'm definitely not defending our historical track record but we're only one of many, if not most, countries to have a less-than-clean slate.

The problem for the western world is Chinese NEVER forget. For instance my dad whines about how my ancestor in 1870s Liverpool was exploited by his bosses. My grand dad used to whine about how his ancestor was exploited in the opium wars, etc etc.

Sounds like the Australian Aborigines may be related to the Chinese :lol: