House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cashinmattress

Jobless Who Refuse Work To Lose Benefits For Three Years

What the f**ck are you on about?

You can get JSA for doing nothing -- any attempt to make people work for it, especially "long-term unemployed" will result in most people doing what they can to circumvent this.

If you want a job done, pay a wage for it. If it's min wage work, then pay that. If you're gonna be a smart-**** then don't bother trying to discuss this with me, it's a waste of both our time.

DNA (Doing Nothing Allowance) - is this the new Labour policy to guarantee a win at the next election?

huh ...

going back to my original question ... are you OK to the your tags job at the shop for the minimal wage?

Well obviously, because I did it. Though of course, I'd rather get paid more for it, but it was a crap job and that's the going rate for crap jobs.

If there's a job there that needs doing, employ someone to do it and pay them the going rate.

DNA (Doing Nothing Allowance) - is this the new Labour policy to guarantee a win at the next election?

I check the best rated comments of articles with similar topic on Daily Mail website and the tide is definitely turned ... for some reasons Labour with Brown missed that ...

This feature of Daily Mail web site a quite good barometer of the public opinion IMHO ....

I don't care about Labout/Tory, I can't stand any of them. Did the last Labour government* invent the dole or "long term unemployed"? No.

And if someone chooses, they can get JSA for doing nothing. Most will look for work and hopefully find some eventually, but those who don't want to wont. And you can;t stop that unless you punish legit claimants too, because it's impossible to prove that someone isn't trying. If you've been on the dole or any benefits, then you'll know this. and if you haven't, then you prob wont have a clue.

*as in, the one who came in 13 years ago.

Edited by dazw01842

Well obviously, because I did it. Though of course, I'd rather get paid more for it, but it was a crap job and that's the going rate for crap jobs.

If there's a job there that needs doing, employ someone to do it and pay them the going rate.

what would be your ideal job you would really enjoy to do?

I don't care about Labout/Tory, I can't stand any of them. Did the last Labour government invent the dole or "long term unemployed"? No.

And if someone chooses, they can get JSA for doing nothing. Most will look for work and hopefully find some eventually, but those who don't want to wont. And you can;t stop that unless you punish legit claimants too, because it's impossible to prove that someone isn't trying. If you've been on the dole or any benefits, then you'll know this. and if you haven't, then you prob wont have a clue.

you would be much better off if you are a woman with 5 kids ... you will get a nice 3 bed room house and JSA ...

how do you spend your free time if you are not trying look for a job?

But both also realizing too late that they have no experience of anything useful, no track record, no CV, and what is more, no confidence - and no bugger is going to want to employ them.

Yep- these people will be at the back of the que for any jobs going.

What I find odd is that we build a society around a creed of personal gain, where people at the top pay themselves vast sums of money- using the rationale of 'incentive' to justify doing so- and yet when people at the bottom decline to work because they lack the incentive to do so all hell breaks loose and everyone starts talking about 'work ethics' and 'moral obligations'.

So we end up with the really strange situation that we happily accept grotesque greed from the leaders of our society, while demanding of the 'scum' at the bottom that they exhibit the moral rectitude of a bishop :lol:

What are all you moral morons going on about expecting the chavs to have a work ethic when our whole society is based on personal greed and incentive. Are you crazy?

Of course they won't work if there's nothing in it for them- that is, after all, why we pay bankers massive bonus's right?- because they refuse to do the job they are paid for without being bribed to do it with even more cash.

If we, as a society, believe that individual effort is driven by reward, then to say to the chavs- 'except you- you we expect to be motivated by high moral principles' then we are wasting our time and are total hypocrites.

Yep- these people will be at the back of the que for any jobs going.

What I find odd is that we build a society around a creed of personal gain, where people at the top pay themselves vast sums of money- using the rationale of 'incentive' to justify doing so- and yet when people at the bottom decline to work because they lack the incentive to do so all hell breaks loose and everyone starts talking about 'work ethics' and 'moral obligations'.

So we end up with the really strange situation that we happily accept grotesque greed from the leaders of our society, while demanding of the 'scum' at the bottom that they exhibit the moral rectitude of a bishop :lol:

What are all you moral morons going on about expecting the chavs to have a work ethic when our whole society is based on personal greed and incentive. Are you crazy?

Of course they won't work if there's nothing in it for them- that is, after all, why we pay bankers massive bonus's right?- because they refuse to do the job they are paid for without being bribed to do it with even more cash.

If we, as a society, believe that individual effort is driven by reward, then to say to the chavs- 'except you- you we expect to be motivated by high moral principles' then we are wasting our time and are total hypocrites.

so you suggest that JSA with HB is not a big incentive ??? they should be paid even more .... who is going to pay for it?

"where people at the top pay themselves" - how does it work for people earning from 15k to 100k pa ... how are they paying themselves?

how even the bankers pay themselves ???

Boomers telling anyone and everyone to keep the ponzi going. How about keep JSA payments the same but reduce housing benefit as punishment <_< As someone else eloquently pointed out on some other thread, the system is there to be abused should no other doors be open to you but reproduction.

edit: typo

Double edit. Should be good for the black market if nothing else as people drop out of the system, also great for more crime :)

Edited by me me me

so you suggest that JSA with HB is not a big incentive ??? they should be paid even more .... who is going to pay for it?

"where people at the top pay themselves" - how does it work for people earning from 15k to 100k pa ... how are they paying themselves?

Incentive to do what? The way the system works is that you lose JSA and HB if you take a job, and can end up worse off- so the incentive works the other way.

I think there is some attempt to address this in the new legislation which is good- but the whole work ethic thing is broken as far as I can see- too much high profile greed on display to make a credible argument for any kind of ethics in the matter of pay.

The bankers are the biggest welfare scroungers of them all, man for man they have outdone even the laziest dole scrounger by many orders of magnitude.

People only need HB because if they make their own dwellings, they'll be arrested and whatever they built will be knock down.

True - it is far too difficult to build a house on your own land in this country.

You can't even modify existing constructs for living easily either. They know what's better for you than yourself.

You can't even modify existing constructs for living easily either. They know what's better for you than yourself.

Pretty nearly all methods you can easily use to sort yourself out have been taken off you at gunpoint, and then you are blamed for malingering if you can't quite squeeze through the gap that has been left (which only has enough space for 8 in 10 by design.)

It's ********.