House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cashinmattress

Jobless Who Refuse Work To Lose Benefits For Three Years

sorry to hear about your situation ..... it is not easy these days ...

what would you think if you can not find any job for 12 months and you would be required to do some work for council ???

a) makes sense; at least I will get out

b/ it is good to feel working again

c) I am punished

d) nobody has a right to force me

e) cool, I will get some skills

f) any other thoughts ...

thanks

g) what's the minimum I can get away with to keep the dole money and get out of doing this shite.

That's what I'd think anyway, but I'm not on the dole right now.

Same as the lads on the new deal who get work placements, they do a shit job for a couple of weeks (whatever the minimum is) then ring in sick for the rest. No skills to be learnt tying tags on to over-priced Christmas decs for some poncey shop (a job I was doing via an agency, hence I learnt about the New Deal chaps doing the same job for sod all). Work should pay or shouldn't exist, unless it's voluntary.

I agree completely. I believe if we paid some real money at jobs, miraculously many Brits would find the motivation to get those jobs. But when the jobs pay so little that they don't come close to covering cost of living, amazingly the motivation is lacking.

Britain has much higher average wage than most other countries in the world. Many Chinese/ Indians would jump at the chance to earn even 10k, but no, here in Britain spongers turn their noses up at such pay. It is because the spongers already enjoy a much higher standard of living than even the hard workers in Asia. THEY HAVE BEEN SPOILT BY OUR GENEROSITY.

g) what's the minimum I can get away with to keep the dole money and get out of doing this shite.

Same as the lads on the new deal who get work placements, they do a shit job for a couple of weeks (whatever the minimum is) then ring in sick for the rest. No skills to be learnt tying tags on to over-priced Christmas decs for some poncey shop (a job I was doing via an agency, hence I learnt about the New Deal chaps doing the same job for sod all). Work should pay or shouldn't exist, unless it's voluntary.

A New Deal placement is three months...A lot of ppl go into Poundland or Wilkos...effectively the tax payer are subsidising their profits.. You are given 5 days "off"..if you skive, you leave the ND, and go back on the dole (although I don't know about the sanctions handed out...)

Tories just want to deflect peoples attention

from the trillion pound bailout. Attack the poorest less influencial people in society.

Inclined to agree.

The governnment know that their cuts will add something in the region of a 1-1.5 million unemployed people (probably split 50/50 between private and public sector).

Most of these individuals will not be your classic benefit budgers looking to avoid work. They will be people who have been used to employment and who will seek jobs without the need for any encouragement or threats. The problem is that they are likely to find precious few vacancies available.

Although Cameron, Clegg and Osborne can wield the axe on spending they actually have almost no idea how to regenerate the British economy and to create further employment. The stunning silence on policy initiatives in that area reveals their lack of even token answers

It is therefore essential that they get the old Tory propaganda message about the unemployed being personally responsible for their condition into circulation as soon as possible

I believe this is why they are so keen to adopt measures that treat the unemployed in exactly the same way as the courts punish low level criminals so the distinction between the two groups are merged. It is not that they think the deterrent will actually work or will save much in the way of money. In fact to operate workfare widely would be likely be expensive so it is likely to be used sparingly. Nor do they think it will encourage or assist the jobless to find work. It is just to ensure that the unemployed are to be seen isolated, marginalised and identifiable as outsiders beyond the rest of society

Its a strategy that has worked in the past and will pay off again providing the level of unemployment does keep growing beyond a critical threshold of between 3.5 - 4 million people. Once it get to that level then a violent reaction from the rest of the population starts to occur as most people in society have one relative or friend on the dole who they know does not meet the stereotype. Then things may start to get a little unpredictable.

what type of job would you like to do? and for how much?

do you think we should pay somebody else to do the tags in the shop?

sorry to hear about your situation ..... it is not easy these days ...

what would you think if you can not find any job for 12 months and you would be required to do some work for council ???

a) makes sense; at least I will get out

b/ it is good to feel working again

c) I am punished

d) nobody has a right to force me

e) cool, I will get some skills

f) any other thoughts ...

thanks

I think it is fair that I should do some work for my dole and have DWP treat me like a worker earning keep rather than a wayward child who needs DWP to hold my hand when I go to a job interview or ring an employer on my behalf to check up on me and whisper sweet nothings

By dole, I mean the JSA and my HB (£60) and by work for it I mean at a rate of minimum £5.93. I don't want to work for the council tax benefit, I shouldn't be paying council tax, the housing association owns the property and I rely on state handouts for the time being at least.

I like the 65% to 77% reduction in benefit rate as its better than the current rates I face. (100% 85, 96, 76, 96, soon to be 97 come January, potentially 117% reduction come my 25th birthday.) But that won't come to fruition till 2013/14? And I still think it is too much of a withdrawal rate, I can do cash in hand for £2 per hour and get a greater return you see.

I won't take part time work, not until at least 2013, as with benefit reduction and travel costs I'll be worse off.

Get the odd bit of cash in hand (couple of hours max) here and there, not even worth declaring £10 to lose £5 when you've spent £5 on travel!

Using an overdraft to pay utilities and have a few beers, not going crazy but living beyond my means somewhat.

I can see myself taking a job, working 6 months, if there are not enough hours available to work and earn money, 40-50+, I'll probably have 6 months off, on the dole to avoid workfare and benefit from the time based system to the best of my ability.

It won't make any difference you can't force people to do jobs that don't exist. Our productivity is such now that we don't need their productive output period. Its why every major country in the west has found ways to mask/hide unemployment, and increased the methods and numbers hidden over the past couple decades.

They can rant and rage all they want and try to punish the economically inactive. It won't make a damned bit of difference until the above is addressed.

Britain has much higher average wage than most other countries in the world. Many Chinese/ Indians would jump at the chance to earn even 10k, but no, here in Britain spongers turn their noses up at such pay. It is because the spongers already enjoy a much higher standard of living than even the hard workers in Asia. THEY HAVE BEEN SPOILT BY OUR GENEROSITY.

If you think £65 a week JSA is being GENEROUS to people who may have paid more than that per week in Class 1 NIC for twenty years then you must be a really tight b******d,.

I bet you are a barrel of laughs when it comes to buying a round of drinks for your mates down the pub.

On second thought they probably leg it when they see you coming.

Edited by realcrookswearsuits

what type of job would you like to do? and for how much?

do you think we should pay somebody else to do the tags in the shop?

I did it for an agency, I wanted the money so did the work at the time.

The year before, they got some lads in on a new deal placement. They didn't get paid for it, they got their dole (this is what I understand from the people I was working with at this place). So we were paying god knows who for some lads to do some meaningless work for a business. And please don't try and tell me that kinda of work has meaning, it has none unless you get some dough for it.

Anyway, those lads did a shitty job, did the minimum, phoned in sick -- and I don't blame them one bit, coz I certainly wouldn't do it for nothing (and I class keeping job seekers allowance as "nothing" even if others don't).

Edited by dazw01842

Inclined to agree.

The governnment know that their cuts will add something in the region of a 1-1.5 million unemployed people (probably split 50/50 between private and public sector).

Most of these individuals will not be your classic benefit budgers looking to avoid work. They will be people who have been used to employment and who will seek jobs without the need for any encouragement or threats. The problem is that they are likely to find precious few vacancies available.

Although Cameron, Clegg and Osborne can wield the axe on spending they actually have almost no idea how to regenerate the British economy and to create further employment. The stunning silence on policy initiatives in that area reveals their lack of even token answers

It is therefore essential that they get the old Tory propaganda message about the unemployed being personally responsible for their condition into circulation as soon as possible

I believe this is why they are so keen to adopt measures that treat the unemployed in exactly the same way as the courts punish low level criminals so the distinction between the two groups are merged. It is not that they think the deterrent will actually work or will save much in the way of money. In fact to operate workfare widely would be likely be expensive so it is likely to be used sparingly. Nor do they think it will encourage or assist the jobless to find work. It is just to ensure that the unemployed are to be seen isolated, marginalised and identifiable as outsiders beyond the rest of society

Its a strategy that has worked in the past and will pay off again providing the level of unemployment does keep growing beyond a critical threshold of between 3.5 - 4 million people. Once it get to that level then a violent reaction from the rest of the population starts to occur as most people in society have one relative or friend on the dole who they know does not meet the stereotype. Then things may start to get a little unpredictable.

who is going to pay for these public jobs if the budget deficit is now about 13% ???

do you want to follow the Greek example ???

please tell me a single case where the New Labour stimulated the economy ....

The year before, they got some lads in on a new deal placement. They didn't get paid for it, they got their dole (this is what I understand from the people I was working with at this place). So we were paying god knows who for some lads to do some meaningless work for a business. And please don;t try and tell me that work has meaning, it has none unless you get some dough for it.

Anyway, those lads did a shitty job, did the minimum, phoned in sick -- and I don't blame them one bit, coz I certainly wouldn't do it for nothing (and I class keeping job seekers allowance as "nothing" even if others don't).

They'd get £80 a week for their 24 hour a week placement...(if they're under 25)...

They'd get £80 a week for their 24 hour a week placement...(if they're under 25)...

£3 an hour for soul destroying work.

or 50-60 quid for doing nothing -- I know what I'd wanna be doing in their shoes.

The year before, they got some lads in on a new deal placement. They didn't get paid for it, they got their dole (this is what I understand from the people I was working with at this place). So we were paying god knows who for some lads to do some meaningless work for a business. And please don't try and tell me that kinda of work has meaning, it has none unless you get some dough for it.

so you get the JSA and perhaps also HB if you do not stay with parents .... how much more would you require to do not feel that your job in the shop is meaningless ?

£10k pa, £20k pa, £30k pa, £50k pa ???

£3 an hour for soul destroying work.

or 50-60 quid for doing nothing -- I know what I'd wanna be doing in their shoes.

You get "an extra" fifteen quid by going on the new deal. The external provider will give you back your travel costs minus four quid...

If you think £65 a week JSA is being GENEROUS to people who may have paid more than that per week in Class 1 NIC for twenty years then you must be a really tight b******d,.

I bet you are a barrel of laughs when it comes to buying a round of drinks for your mates down the pub.

On second thought they probably leg it when they see you coming.

how much should they be paid? £20k pa, £30k pa, £40k pa?

where are going this money come from?

You get "an extra" fifteen quid by going on the new deal. The external provider will give you back your travel costs minus four quid...

And the best part is, it's only Christmas temp stuff, so virtually no chance of a job at the end of it even if they worked their nuts off!

The name they used wasn't new deal either, I just can't remember the abbreviation -- began with an 'N' though, I think.

And the best part is, it's only Christmas temp stuff, so virtually no chance of a job at the end of it even if they worked their nuts off!

The name they used wasn't new deal either, I just can't remember the abbreviation -- began with an 'N' though, I think.

fair enough .... so what would be your ideal job, which does not destroy your soul, and how much should it pay for?

so you get the JSA and perhaps also HB if you do not stay with parents .... how much more would you require to do not feel that your job in the shop is meaningless ?

£10k pa, £20k pa, £30k pa, £50k pa ???

What the f**ck are you on about?

You can get JSA for doing nothing -- any attempt to make people work for it, especially "long-term unemployed" will result in most people doing what they can to circumvent this.

If you want a job done, pay a wage for it. If it's min wage work, then pay that. If you're gonna be a smart-**** then don't bother trying to discuss this with me, it's a waste of both our time.

Inclined to agree.

So a violent reaction occurs... until those people realise that won’t make any difference. You might be surprised to learn that the government hasn’t a pile of gold sovereigns to give its employees for digging holes and filling them in again.

What the f**ck are you on about?

You can get JSA for doing nothing -- any attempt to make people work for it, especially "long-term unemployed" will result in most people doing what they can to circumvent this.

If you want a job done, pay a wage for it. If it's min wage work, then pay that. If you're gonna be a smart-**** then don't bother trying to discuss this with me, it's a waste of both our time.

huh ...

going back to my original question ... are you OK to do your tags job at the shop for the minimal wage?

Edited by Damik