House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Masked Tulip

Feck, It Is Windy Tonight

Wind is howling around my house... want to pop out for some chocolate but fear I will be blown away.

Few days late on that, I think.

Wind is howling around my house... want to pop out for some chocolate but fear I will be blown away.

Wales is going to cop the worst of it.

The glass roof almost blew off my office today.

Blowing a gale here too. Glad I didn't sweep up all the leaves in the garden yesterday when it was nice and sunny - there'll be 6 times as many now.

I feel the gales are following me. Came back from Barbados on Tuesday - on our first night the island was hit by Tropical Storm Tomas, same one that went on to hit poor old Haiti - thank God nobody killed though. Island has seen nothing like it since l955 - some huge, beautiful old trees torn up by the roots. Furious, scary winds and torrential rain - hotel was flooded out for a day - staff in wellies, guests paddling around in bare feet. No power for nearly 24 hours. The Caribbean looked like the North Sea on a bad day, angry greyish-brown, full of bits of tree and God knows what.

With a bit of luck all the remaining leaves will be blown off the trees, then it will be worth the effort of collecting the leaves. Nothing worse than doing the job, then finding it's got to be done again <_<

I flew from Portland to Amsterdam on a Sunday-Monday redeye and it was seriously bumpy over north-eastern Canada and most of the Atlantic. Crying babies, general chaos and morons who would not get back in their seat despite being repeatedly told to do so by flight attendants buggered any prospect of getting any sleep. A few of the overhead bins popped open, too.

I flew from Portland to Amsterdam on a Sunday-Monday redeye and it was seriously bumpy over north-eastern Canada and most of the Atlantic. Crying babies, general chaos and morons who would not get back in their seat despite being repeatedly told to do so by flight attendants buggered any prospect of getting any sleep. A few of the overhead bins popped open, too.

Ditto on a Monday/Tues. across the Atlantic. Some really horrible turbulence, capt. came on the PA to say they were going to try to find a different level to avoid it. Also told us that the aircraft was built to stand much worse! They don't usually bother saying anything like that unless it's pretty bad and passengers are freaking out.