House Price Crash Forum

A Distinct Lack Of People On Here Condemning Violent Protesters.....

HOLA441

Out of interest, was PC Simon Harwood on duty during the student protests? I suppose one way to find out would be to add up the number of dead newsagents before the protest and compare it to the number after. If the number had increased by one or more, then that could be a sign he was "at work" that day.

Anyway, I condemn the actions of the student who lobbed the fire extinguisher out of the window. It could have killed someone, so I think he should face a sentence perhaps 1/3 or 1/2 as severe as PC Simon Harwood did for actually killing someone. What was his punishment again?

HOLA442

I condemn the older generation including those who have retired who have all been culpable in leading this country down the pan.

Our Elders have failed us!

Yesterdays riot whilst not condonable could have been avoided by our elder generations some of them sitting at home smug they have their final salary pensions whilst the younger generations have to resort to ever increasing desperate measures like a protest with 50k in attendance to get their voice heard in an attempt to avoid being strapped up with yet more debt.

Likewise is it fair the boomers skew the political landscape whilst the younger generations have to pay for the mistakes of their elders?

I can see one backlash which the elders wont like and thats when youngsters start emigrating for better opportunities and theres only foreigners who speaky no english wiping their noses and backsides in their final years.

Reap what you sow.

+1

Such a selfish generation, who can blame the students for compaining about the prospect of leaving uni with £40k of debt whilst generation greed get free bus passes, winter fuel allowances etc, no matter how rich or poor they are.

The students were targeting the wrong place tho, they should have gone after labour as they're the reason we have ended up in this mess, tory/lib have just been left with the hangover! I'll also note that the throwing of the fire extinguisher was a very stupid thing to do, but a few broken windows is nothing compared to the pain and servitude that the youth have to look forward to, only to pay off the debts of others.

HOLA443

Out of interest, was PC Simon Harwood on duty during the student protests? I suppose one way to find out would be to add up the number of dead newsagents before the protest and compare it to the number after. If the number had increased by one or more, then that could be a sign he was "at work" that day.

Anyway, I condemn the actions of the student who lobbed the fire extinguisher out of the window. It could have killed someone, so I think he should face a sentence perhaps 1/3 or 1/2 as severe as PC Simon Harwood did for actually killing someone. What was his punishment again?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

HOLA444
HOLA445

+1

Such a selfish generation, who can blame the students for compaining about the prospect of leaving uni with £40k of debt whilst generation greed get free bus passes, winter fuel allowances etc, no matter how rich or poor they are.

The students were targeting the wrong place tho, they should have gone after labour as they're the reason we have ended up in this mess, tory/lib have just been left with the hangover! I'll also note that the throwing of the fire extinguisher was a very stupid thing to do, but a few broken windows is nothing compared to the pain and servitude that the youth have to look forward to, only to pay off the debts of others.

I dont think the winter fuel allowance of £250 a year would buy you much time at university.

As far as travel goes until pensioners got free bus passes a few years ago there was very little difference between the two groups ( the rail travel cards available to both groups are nearly identical)

HOLA446
Guest tbatst2000

Loads of condemnatiojmn of the police during previous riots they've had to deal with yet not many from the usual suspects of the scum who were chucking fire extinguishers off 8 storey buildings yesterday.

I do hope the NUS will be getting the bill for the damage caused by the riot they organised.

I find both sides equally repulsive sadly. Once, a long time ago, I thought the police were generally OK but I've seen so many examples of them behaving just as badly as the git with the fire extinguisher (both close up and via reporting) that it's hard for me exactly offer them support. Also, it occurred to me that, had this been the Labour party HQ, they'd have been there in 10 seconds flat with thousands of riot police mob handed and cracked dozens of heads within minutes - fascists recognize their own and support them I think.

HOLA447
Guest tbatst2000

It is now clear.

Demonstrate against a Labour Government an the Police will give you hell.

Demonstrate against a Conservative Government and the Police will just watch.

As the BBC, so the Police.

Indeed. Also note the different response from the coalition itself which, aside from complaining that the police were a bit crap, said that people have a right to protest but not so smash stuff up and left it at that. If that had been NuLab, we'd have had at least one new criminal offense created in reaction to what went on probably along with some kind of future restriction on gatherings near to offices of political parties.

Archived