House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Distinct Lack Of People On Here Condemning Violent Protesters.....

Loads of condemnatiojmn of the police during previous riots they've had to deal with yet not many from the usual suspects of the scum who were chucking fire extinguishers off 8 storey buildings yesterday.

I do hope the NUS will be getting the bill for the damage caused by the riot they organised.

Loads of condemnatiojmn of the police during previous riots they've had to deal with yet not many from the usual suspects of the scum who were chucking fire extinguishers off 8 storey buildings yesterday.

I do hope the NUS will be getting the bill for the damage caused by the riot they organised.

I condemn the rioters.

I also condemn the earlier generations who thru much greater acts of violence and threatened violence have transferred wealth from the current young in order to feather their own nests

how about that?

Tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime.

Well, in my book. Tony Blair by running us into debt was the cause of this one.

I condemn the older generation including those who have retired who have all been culpable in leading this country down the pan.

Our Elders have failed us!

Yesterdays riot whilst not condonable could have been avoided by our elder generations some of them sitting at home smug they have their final salary pensions whilst the younger generations have to resort to ever increasing desperate measures like a protest with 50k in attendance to get their voice heard in an attempt to avoid being strapped up with yet more debt.

Likewise is it fair the boomers skew the political landscape whilst the younger generations have to pay for the mistakes of their elders?

I can see one backlash which the elders wont like and thats when youngsters start emigrating for better opportunities and theres only foreigners who speaky no english wiping their noses and backsides in their final years.

Reap what you sow.

looks like late 2020s when the demogrsaphic clout will no longer be so strong in political terms.

just in time to ruin the reitrements of people born in the 1960s - the Blair generation, call them what you will

AFAIK the student protestors havn't killed anyone yet, unlike the police in the last load of riots.

I'm not too bothered about the damage to property but I'm heavily disappointed over the reason for their outburst. Out of all the things wrong with this country raising the limit for uni charges is pretty low down on the list.

I saw the few police trying to hold back that crowd.

I saw them without riot gear stood trying to hold back the crowd.

I saw them pushing with their hand instead of holding batons.

Never before have I wished to see them swinging batons amidst mounted police cutting through a crowd.

The fire extinguisher coming off the roof reminded me of Northern Ireland.

The police were trying to protect property and people. As much as I dislike them as state revenue collecting bully boys I would have preferred to see them cracking skulls.

I condemn the older generation including those who have retired who have all been culpable in leading this country down the pan.

Yesterdays riot whilst not condonable could have been avoided by our elder generations some of them sitting at home smug they have their final salary pensions whilst the younger generations have to resort to ever increasing desperate measures like a protest with 50k in attendance to get their voice heard in an attempt to avoid being strapped up with yet more debt.

Likewise is it fair the boomers skew the political landscape whilst the younger generations have to pay for the mistakes of their elders?

I can see one backlash which the elders wont like and thats when youngsters start emigrating for better opportunities and theres only foreigners who speaky no english wiping their noses and backsides in their final years.

Reap what you sow.

+1.

Reap what you sow.

+1

Reap what you sow.

+ a lot more than one.

What is this, a test? Does it matter if some poster on an internet forum condems this or not. What difference would it make? Do I get a daily mail mock outrage badge if I condemn it? Politicians condemn things...not real people.

As I watched I thought, there go some dumb ****** students who might have just ruined their lifes; the fire extinguisher ****, he is looking at years in jail if caught. And as for all the dongs smashing stuff up right in front of the camera (playing TO the camera) - ffs - learn to cover your face if you going on a riot. As the other thread pointed out 1) Labour introduced this policy so they are all bit late really, and 2) If they want to bring down the coalition then targetting the liberals would be more effective.

So no condemnation here, it is what it is. They took a choice and they will either get away with it or pay a penalty.

I don't agree with their protest aims. In fact, I don't think they're doing themselves a great favour wanting to go off to university in vast numbers in the first place.

However, I do sort of accept that if you want change you have to threaten the government in a tangible way like smashing it up or the fuel protests.

Peaceful protest?

WTF is that? When has it ever achieved much - see Iraq war demonstrations, countryside alliance etc. etc.

If you want change you've got to make the government look like it's losing control.

AFAIK the student protestors havn't killed anyone yet, unlike the police in the last load of riots.

I'm not too bothered about the damage to property but I'm heavily disappointed over the reason for their outburst. Out of all the things wrong with this country raising the limit for uni charges is pretty low down on the list.

Well, it's their first riot and they came damn close - really, really close. I'm not aware that the cope have ever done anything as stupid as throwing fire extinguishers off tall buildings.

Scum the lot of them. I do hope that they all get chucked out of whichever Universities they are at.

Well, it's their first riot and they came damn close - really, really close. I'm not aware that the cope have ever done anything as stupid as throwing fire extinguishers off tall buildings.

Scum the lot of them. I do hope that they all get chucked out of whichever Universities they are at.

Bit of damage, no worse than your average weekend town centre. Certainly nowhere near anyone dying.

Or shooting some random guy 6 times in the back of the head or anything. Cops don't tend to do stupid random violence, more the premeditated sort. The only recent case I can think of where the police went overboard after losing it is that sergeant who kicked the shit out of an old lady who was found in a car because he's got a small dick or whatever it was. Generally they decide to hurt someone and then arrange it cold blooded, as when they murdered Moat in revenge.

That said, smashing stuff up isn't a good move, even if you have paid to do so in advance, as these clever boys and girls had. The rumour is that they had rented a room and paid for in advance, which is how they got access.

We'll see if there are any convictions.

I condemn the rioters.

I also condemn the earlier generations who thru much greater acts of violence and threatened violence have transferred wealth from the current young in order to feather their own nests

how about that?

Look at Social history of the UK the older generation got what they had through the parents fighting for it. The health service from the Second world war. Unions Jarrow marches. trade unionist striking and protecting jobs. Left to some people children would still be running around with no shoes.

The generation your talking about is mine and I condem them for voting for Thatcher who undone those hard fought rights. If the middle classes began to look without predudice glasses then it may be clear who in pricple at least is on their side.

Look at the Doctors I wonder how many voted Tory and now found it's not only the Jeremy Kyle who have got to go out and earn their

money.

Look at Social history of the UK the older generation got what they had through the parents fighting for it. The health service from the Second world war. Unions Jarrow marches. trade unionist striking and protecting jobs. Left to some people children would still be running around with no shoes.

The generation your talking about is mine and I condem them for voting for Thatcher who undone those hard fought rights. If the middle classes began to look without predudice glasses then it may be clear who in pricple at least is on their side.

Look at the Doctors I wonder how many voted Tory and now found it's not only the Jeremy Kyle who have got to go out and earn their

money.

Without those 'prejudice glasses' people would ralise exactly who was on their side, as you say.

It was New Labia that broke their manifesto and introduced fees in the first place.

People should begin to realise that no matter what colour tie they wear that No politician is on their side. Not fat pie eating ones with daft accents nor well educated ones.

money.

Problem was that those rights were abused. Look at the coal miners, they simply could not understand that the world had moved on and they were producing too much coal and that at a price that was uneconomical because we could buy foreign coal cheaper. British Leyland making rubbish cars that no-one wanted to buy. The continual strikes in the car industry meant that money that was needed for investment in new models went in wages. The NHS beset by the problem that medical advances were continually making new treatments available and thus pushing up costs. All the to and fro of free prescriptions/ paying for prescriptions.

It is very easy to condemn Thatcher, but the sad fact is that for many of the left, this has become an empty ritual mantra with little understanding of the situation

Problem was that those rights were abused. Look at the coal miners, they simply could not understand that the world had moved on and they were producing too much coal and that at a price that was uneconomical because we could buy foreign coal cheaper. British Leyland making rubbish cars that no-one wanted to buy. The continual strikes in the car industry meant that money that was needed for investment in new models went in wages. The NHS beset by the problem that medical advances were continually making new treatments available and thus pushing up costs. All the to and fro of free prescriptions/ paying for prescriptions.

It is very easy to condemn Thatcher, but the sad fact is that for many of the left, this has become an empty ritual mantra with little understanding of the situation

No I don't condemn Thacher,. She was doing her job and perhaps a good one too. It was my generation I condemed who voted for her. An individual must fight for their own interest because nobody comes up to you and gives you things they usually want to take something away. I never got fat like some of my generation I am like most on heare waiting for house prices to come down so I can afford one with out paying a bank an excess for the pleasure. I have done nothing in the terms of an individual to deprive my later generation of anything. In fact it is people like me that fight to preserve a status qou like holding on to mines so that they in the future had some. Other rival countries were subsudising coal we bought. We could have done that but, some thought different

at the time and our young are having to pay. i did live through those times we understood macro ecnomics. I was one of the last two men to come off strike in 1982 and it all turned out as we thought it would. That was how you have it now . No industry making real goods. Just some buying Rolls Royce a good( British company sold to those we once fought and one. ) and the rest struggling with holes in the asses of their trousers.

I wonder what the average age is of the bankers and specuclators is. Never mind, never expected much from the system anyway thats why I don't let the system expect too much of me.

Jeremy Kyles just started hasn't it? Must go.

edited slightly

So the question is, who would you vote for please?

What is the point in playing the game?

If someone wants a chocolate bar and you give them a choice between an apple and an orange what sort of choice is that?

But an electorate of which 30% are Nazi will get a Nazi Government if all good men abstain from voting.

....and if both choices put forward were done so by nazi's then it doesnt matter how many vote or for whom.

Ha, dont head over to the David Icke forum. They seem to be having a wet dream over all the displays of 'dissent'.

I think its good for people to protest, but these protesters are idiots who cant see the woods from the trees. Its almost as if they are completely oblivious to what went on before this years elections. I dont know if theyre just anachists looking for an excuse to break stuff, or if its something darker organised by the criminal backers of the labour party and common purpose. Seems odd that those guys are endemic in the police force and the met and yet were nowhere to be seen.

We all need to question whether it is acceptable for the police to dress up in Robocop outfits. Seems a bit of an unfair advantage, against a few stones.

We are turning into a police state and a country that we are going to feel very uncomfortable living in.

....and if both choices put forward were done so by nazi's then it doesnt matter how many vote or for whom.

I reckon it must have been great fun being a Nazi......for a while anyway. A bit stupid taking on the whole world though.