House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Darkman

Todays Parallel Events ........

Millions fall silent to mark Remembrance Day as Muslim extremists burn poppies

Prince Philip laid a cross in Westminster Abbey's Field of Remembrance this morning as millions paid silent tribute to the nation's war dead - but police had to intervene elsewhere in London as Muslim protesters burned a model of a poppy.

A group called Muslims Against Crusade, which drew around 30 supporters, was carrying black flags and chanted slogans such as “British soldiers burn in hell”. An EDL protester was arrested after he tried to break through police lines.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23896556-millions-to-fall-silent-to-mark-armistice-day.do

Meanwhile ........

Tory Arrested Over 'Stoning To Death' Tweet

A Conservative Birmingham City councillor has been arrested and bailed over allegations he said a female Muslim journalist should be stoned to death.Gareth Compton tweeted: "Can someone please stone Yasmin Alibhai-Brown to death? I shan't tell Amnesty if you don't. It would be a blessing, really."

He has apologised for the remark, calling it "an ill-conceived attempt at humour".

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Politics/Toy-Councillor-Gareth-Compton-Arrested-And-Bailed-Over-Stoning-To-Death-Tweet/Article/201011215800467?lpos=Politics_Carousel_Region_1&lid=ARTICLE_15800467_Toy_Councillor_Gareth_Compton_Arrested_And_Bailed_Over_Stoning_To_Death_Tweet

Sorry I'm perplexed. A white Tory makes a bad joke and gets arrested, while a group of anti-British muslims burn poppies on Armistice Day, yet the only one arrested there is a white EDL protester.

WTF is wrong with this place?

I believe you are allowed to destroy your own property and say what you like, but physically attacking other people is frowned upon.

Seems like they actually got something right for once.

And the remark was in poor taste.

I agree Injin - people have every right to think and do what they like, so long as they don't harm other people. It's called living in a free society.

I agree Injin - people have every right to think and do what they like, so long as they don't harm other people. It's called living in a free society.

I didn't read it that he had physically attacked someone.I am more than wiling to not give the guy the benefit of the doubt him being a Tory but it seems to me that it was said in a humourous way. Nothing to resign over.

WTF is wrong with this place?

Everything.

Therefore, if you value your life - live it (without wasting your time on news reports that serve you the most pessimistic vision of the world).

Build your own bubble and live in it - life's better that way.

Surely that's the road to ruin, surely we should agitate to change things.

PS. Is your avatar Chopin?

As a peasant I believe that my life is too short and too precious to be wasted on fighting battles directly against people 100000 stronger than me.

However, if more of us stop watching propaganda TV and stop buying full-of-propaganda newspapers, it may have some impact.

In order to be brainwashed you need to engage with their propaganda. It's much harder for them, if no one pays attention to their lies.

I care not about the BBC's vision of the world today. For most of the time, my world is myself and my loved ones (plus music, books, old movies and some online forums where I communicate with real people).

TV, radio, newspapers, magazines, advertisements in all shapes&forms and corporate websites are harmful (if you want to concentrate on building your own happiness).

PS. yes.

I find that Yasmin Alibhai-Brown is the most annoying person on the radio or TV. She is the kind of annoying twit that just makes you want to slap her. Of course if you met her in person you would either just have an argument or walk away, it is when you hear these sort of people on the media and you cant answer back that unreasonable outbursts are made. Whilst I don't advocate stoning, anything that meant that I never hear her politically correct waffle again would be good.

As a peasant I believe that my life is too short and too precious to be wasted on fighting battles directly against people 100000 stronger than me.

However, if more of us stop watching propaganda TV and stop buying full-of-propaganda newspapers, it may have some impact.

In order to be brainwashed you need to engage with their propaganda. It's much harder for them, if no one pays attention to their lies.

I care not about the BBC's vision of the world today. For most of the time, my world is myself and my loved ones (plus music, books, old movies and some online forums where I communicate with real people).

TV, radio, newspapers, magazines, advertisements in all shapes&forms and corporate websites are harmful (if you want to concentrate on building your own happiness).

PS. yes.

I agree - I've been cutting out the Beeb (other than Newsnight) and other media outlets too.

I like what Adbusters do http://www.adbusters.org/

[quote name=Oh Well :(' timestamp='1289568648' post='2784354]

I find that Yasmin Alibhai-Brown is the most annoying person on the radio or TV.

I never knew she was a pot-head though!

I'm going to have a play with this over the weekend and see what I can find out about it as it claims to make a secure tunnel to the website, well duh what is SSL for starters? Secure Socket Layer so I'll fire up wireshark and rohitab and I'll see if theres any exploits to be made.

One of the things it claims to do is monitor your net access to protect you from other websites which means it will be monitoring your online activity as well which means it could be another tool to monitor your punters and build up a more detailed profile of you. :ph34r:

Damn :lol: I posted the completely wrong link.

I MEANT to post this:

Hate preacher goes on the run after life sentence for financing al Qaeda

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23897186-hate-preacher-goes-on-the-run-after-life-sentence-for-financing-al-qaeda.do

He doesn't look quote so cocky now....

Omar-Bakri415.jpg