House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheCountOfNowhere

The Bbc Strike....

I hear the BBC had a strike last week....how did it affect you ?

Did anyone actually notice ?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Maybe someone can send their union a link to this thread...after a few people have posted.

The news was the news rather than a thinly disguided op-ed piece from supposed "journalists".

That said, I did enjoy the fact that Paxman exposed everyone's VI on Newsnight when discussing the student protests last night. The 37 year old "student" on sabbatical and the NUS guy who is a member of the Labour party and trying to push their graduate tax agenda.

If all of their reporting were this robust, I would enjoy their news a lot more.

Maybe someone can send their union a link to this thread...after a few people have posted.

Nobody noticed so their jobs are none jobs ,so sack the the sponging Ba@sterds and reduce the license fee.

Radio 5 - There was no new film review with Simon Mayo & Mark Kermode on Friday afternoon, just a repeat instead. Still feel disappointed as this show's my favourite.

On the upside, Victoria Derbyshire's show was curtailed and replaced with the newsreader, which was a huge improvement.

:lol::lol: good one.

I myself found it very hard to function....I had to look on SkyNews instead for the weather !

Nobody noticed so their jobs are none jobs ,so sack the the sponging Ba@sterds and reduce the license fee.

You STILL pay the license fee? I guess there's one born every minute... <_<

You STILL pay the license fee? I guess there's one born every minute... <_<

The other half pay,s the license as they like a quiet life without unwanted callers ,i will not pay anything towards the robbing tax

i noticed normal people presenting the news in a normal way with no hidden agenda or subversion.

New things happen during the day every day. This is NEWS.

New things which happen during the day that get fed into a politically biased machine and churned out as opinion on the idiot box which you have to pay for through force of imprisonment ISN'T NEWS.

It's EVIL.

FĂșck the FĂșcking BBC

The BBC will give in and put a greater % of the licence fee to cover the pension shortfall, the planned strikes will be called off and

it's trebles all round.

There will be full coverage on all BBC channels about how we came close to a national crisis only averted at the last minute when

the unions finally caved in for the benefit of the people accepting a 100% increase in licence fee contributions instead of 5,000%

So, did the strike mean that anyone without a TV licence could watch without the worry of the highly sophisticated and pinpoint accurate TV detector van finding them? :lol:

:o They can see into our front rooms!!!! :o

The other half pay,s the license as they like a quiet life without unwanted callers ,i will not pay anything towards the robbing tax

A big dog works wonders... ;) I'd rather pay for dog food than the BBC license fee.