House Price Crash Forum
eric pebble

I Have Been Here On Hpc For 6 Years Today

I have been on hpc for 6 years today.

I began by telling ALL FTB's to NOT buy into the scam......

I have spent most of the 6 years trying to get people to understand the VITAL importance of understanding that

LIAR LOANS

were/are the main fuel invented and used by the corrupt & fraudulent Moneylenders [and all their friends] to stoke the fire of hpi -- and were [and still are] THE weapon of mass destruction which - I predicted correctly - would lead to financial disaster....

Well - I hope I made some difference -- I hope that people understand more now.......

I can't believe it has all gone on for so long...... :rolleyes:

well donr for being here for 6 years, i have been here for 5 and tried to do the same as you, i cant believe it has gone on for so long, still not had the mother of all crashes i was expecting, i cant wait aonther 5 years, :lol:

do you wish you had bought in 2004

If they'd have bought in 2004 and STR in 2007 many would have made considerable money out of this 'scam'. When it comes to claiming success in market predictions (of any type), timing is everything.

I have spent most of the 6 years trying to get people to understand the VITAL importance of understanding that

LIAR LOANS

were/are the main fuel invented and used by the corrupt & fraudulent Moneylenders [and all their friends] to stoke the fire of hpi -- and were [and still are] THE weapon of mass destruction which - I predicted correctly - would lead to financial disaster....

Well - I hope I made some difference -- I hope that people understand more now.......

whats a liar loan?

Eric, you have made a lot of difference in sentiment, but so far there has not been enough of difference in house prices....knowing you, you will persevere to the end, like a dog that will not let go of that bone. ;)

I don't think Eric ever made any claims about timing. He was more interested in communicating the shape of something huge.

You are quite right Durch. Thank v much for your support -- and everyone else too [who support me!] - thanks. B)

I am pretty worried about what is coming..... There's still a lot to unravel, basically. :rolleyes:

Crunch time approaches for world economy

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/8124445/Crunch-time-approaches-for-world-economy.html

And this too - :rolleyes: -

Britain's Trillion Pound Horror Story

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=154421

Edited by eric pebble

You maybe fishing for compliments Eric :P

But you can have one from me - you have been instrumental in helping explain to people such as I about the grotesque fraud that has been going on for the last decade. However please promise me you will not have

LIAR LOANS

carved into your gravestone....

Six years well spent, IMHO, and there's not many on forums such as these that can say that!

Many thanks

Edited for ease of reading

Edited by FaFa!

I don't think Eric ever made any claims about timing. He was more interested in communicating the shape of something huge.

Fair point. "Liar loans" contributed to the credit crunch and financial meltdown but not UK ones in the main-it was US sub-prime loans that were converted into opaque mortgage-backed securities which led to dangerous exposure in this market by stupid banks that did not know what they were investing in. Banks did not trust each other not to default and stopped lending to each other causing the system to seize up.

The actual issue of UK liar loans has IMO not come home to roost yet and won't until IRs rise (which they will of course)

Eric,

Welcome to the 6 year club,

Kinda got boring over the last 3 years as our friendly BTL trolls left the forum.... I especially miss TTRTR. ( maybe he's had to finally get a real job and can't spend all day on here)

If anyone still has contact with them it would be nice to invite them all back for a recap of the last 6 years.... I would definitely reignite an old war and bring back the crowds.

I have enjoyed watching the sheeple believe they are rich over the last few years, but not as much as I see them struggling to make payments on their 1.5% IO Mortgages and putting £10 of petrol in their 6 year old BMW X5.

Long gone are their must have 3 holidays abroad a year paid for by their (the banks) house.

Welcome to mandatory debt repayment.... there's no exit .... you're now leaving the cheapest debt you've ever had, but don't worry i'm sure you'll be fine...... as I buy you house from your bank for 50% less than you paid.

Have a lovely day my HPC Friends,

Mad_Dan

Happy HPC-Birthday.

10000+ posts...well done.

2005 should have been the peak of the housing bubble so people should have heeded your words. It wouldhave been much less catostrophic if it had crashed then.

In Northampton since 2005, house prices havent really gone up....or in reality have been dropping against inflation and the crash....I'd have to say they are down 30% in real term...unless you are suckered in and buy at peak prices.

....keep up the good work Eric ...it's funny how Governments don't pick up on the truth...Vince was the only one who came near and now his hands are tied in a fine balancing act...... :rolleyes:

I wish that I had found this site a bit earlier than I did.

Although not as robust or structured as Eric's thinking, I had some half formed opinions about the eventual consequences of the financing methods of a speculative bubble starting in about 2005 (yes I was late to the party) but would have avoided a few mistakes in 2006 and 2007 had I had more of a structure around my thinking.

Thanks Eric.

LIAR LOANS

I think you'll possibly have to wait another five years before things start to get reasonable.... don't know if you have been waiting on the sidelines for the last 6 years waiting to buy but if you have I suspect there's unfortunately a long long way to go, and by my reckoning prices won't revert to 2004 ( nominally) or anything like but there we go..... if it's any consolation of course you are correct in your wider assertion that the house price boom floated on a huge increase in finance availibility even if the whole liar loans has got a little contrived along the way.

2005 should have been the peak of the housing bubble so people should have heeded your words. It wouldhave been much less catostrophic if it had crashed then.

Yes, we should never forget that.

We had the chance to take the medicine then but Gordon and Mervyn wanted to carry on for the sake of their own careers.

History I hope will remember this.

Bless you Eric.

Getting the message across mattered, so the INK was worth it.

Whether we are so important as to have filtered out beyond these confines, them without doubt the message of Liar Loans has been an important one to escape.

I salute you!

Eric, the single issue posted who nailed the crux of the matter from day 1.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. I think everyone on HPC should contact the cabinet office to nominate Eric for an honour. Why let the VI's manipulate the media uncontested? Nominate Eric for an honour and then get him on the sofa on BBC breakfast to talk about why his award was deemed necessary.

Would love to see Bills reaction as Eric screams LIAR LOANS into his face!

LIAR LOANS

Good stuff Eric, keep it up.

I wish that I had found this site a bit earlier than I did.

Although not as robust or structured as Eric's thinking, I had some half formed opinions about the eventual consequences of the financing methods of a speculative bubble starting in about 2005 (yes I was late to the party) but would have avoided a few mistakes in 2006 and 2007 had I had more of a structure around my thinking.

Thanks Eric.

+1

At first I thought this site was slightly nuts*. A meeting place for conspiracy theorists, political extremists, narcissists, and fake economists who use big words in order to hide their lack of wisdom.

Then you scratch below the surface and you find the more interesting posts - including a raft of regulars who have chosen to concentrate on a single subject. Eric, you are part of this small group that can keep explaining the same issue over and over again to newcomers without ever sounding dismissive or condescending - a lot of posters here could learn from your attitude. Keep up the good work!

* In fact, I still think it is :)