House Price Crash Forum
SarahBell

Instant Equity Btl Offer

Fairly big ads in the back of the local free paper - get instant equity as their "rics valuation" is higher than the price they'll sell it to you...

I'll try and scan it in later but it just looks so scammy ... am sure some monkies will be falling for it now and investing their hard earned pennies into these amazing property deals with high yields...

Paper still packed with the sell your house fast ads too.

Fairly big ads in the back of the local free paper - get instant equity as their "rics valuation" is higher than the price they'll sell it to you...

I'll try and scan it in later but it just looks so scammy ... am sure some monkies will be falling for it now and investing their hard earned pennies into these amazing property deals with high yields...

Paper still packed with the sell your house fast ads too.

There will always be mugs who don't ask themselves just one question: if all these deals are so fantastic, and make you so much money so fast, why aren't these people keeping them all for themselves?

Must say I've been tempted in the past to go to one of those 'You Too Can Be A Property Millionaire!' seminars, just to see how they talk some apparently intelligent people into it.

But then I thought that they might use such devious psychological techniques (like cults do) that they might even suck in the likes of cynical old me, too. ;)

I wouldnt scoff, QI are even members of th federation of small Businesses.

There will always be mugs who don't ask themselves just one question: if all these deals are so fantastic, and make you so much money so fast, why aren't these people keeping them all for themselves?

Must say I've been tempted in the past to go to one of those 'You Too Can Be A Property Millionaire!' seminars, just to see how they talk some apparently intelligent people into it.

But then I thought that they might use such devious psychological techniques (like cults do) that they might even suck in the likes of cynical old me, too. ;)

A certain percentage of the population is gullible. A good door-to-door salesman can walk down a street and just look at houses and say, they're frugal, he buys crap he doesn't need, she'll buy if she thinks her neighbour's got one.

The first thing professional con artists do is weed out the sceptics and dump them back on the street. Once you're talking to a gullible crowd it's just a question of having a few plants in the audience to mutter things like, "actually that's quite a good deal," under their breath, and break the ice by making the first purchase.