House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

symo

U.s. Da Allows Bankster To Maim

http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/plea-bargain-in-us-hit-and-run-case-sparks-anger-28381

Thought some of you might be interested that a U.S. district attorney is allowing a 'wealth manager' to get away with knocking a cyclist off their bike and leaving them with severe injuries, and his only concern was to call Mercedes to get his car fixed. The DA says that his job is sufficiently important that felony charges shouldn't count i.e. effectively making him above the law.

Morgan Stanley his employer have not commented about the actions of this piece of slime.

http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/plea-bargain-in-us-hit-and-run-case-sparks-anger-28381

Thought some of you might be interested that a U.S. district attorney is allowing a 'wealth manager' to get away with knocking a cyclist off their bike and leaving them with severe injuries, and his only concern was to call Mercedes to get his car fixed. The DA says that his job is sufficiently important that felony charges shouldn't count i.e. effectively making him above the law.

Morgan Stanley his employer have not commented about the actions of this piece of slime.

Shocking. My prediction, this idiot will be behind bars or dealt with within 6 months

However, prosecutors decided to change this to two misdemeanor traffic charges, arguing that the earlier charges would threaten his career.

Happens all the time here too. Drunk drivers, dangerous drivers getting off all the time because of their 'careers'

What exactly theyre careers have to do with how safe they are on the roads i dont know.

Milo and his attorney Harold Haddon were given one day’s notice of the prosecutor’s final decision, which wasn't enough time to react. "Mr Erzinger struck me, fled and left me for dead on the highway," Milo wrote in a letter to the district attorney.

"Neither his financial prominence nor my financial situation should be factors in your prosecution of this case."

Colorado District Attorney Mark Hurlbert told the Vail Daily News. "When you're talking about restitution [money paid to the victims of crime], you don't want to take away his ability to pay," he added.

Someone must be confused if the victim says the ability to pay restitution isn't important but the DA uses it as a reason to let the banker go.