House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
classixuk

Ethnic Diversity On Hpc

I thought it may be interesting to find out a little more about our community and how diverse (or non diverse) it is. I know that this poll doesn't cover all areas but I am only allowed to give upto 20 answers! Sorry to all the bi-sexual eskimos, but maybe you could start another poll? On the other hand perhaps you could identify the sex of the partner you have chosen to settle with (or will settle with) as your main sexual identitiy and use the ethnic option, but make a post stating that ethnic in your case equals Inuit and straight means 60% of the time?

Thanks for your understanding!

Forgot to add, please be honest! It's anonymous after all.

As I write this there are 3 gay females and 4 straight males. I hope you all realise that most of these males will get NO work done today and that the site will probably crash around 6pm when they and their friends all log back on!

:blink::blink::blink:

Looking at the results so far, I think this is a bit like the "religion" question on the census where people replied "Jedi".

Personally, I'm not answering this sort of thing.

I totally respect your decision Durch, but I was genuinely interested in the community I'm spending so much time around these days.

Don't recall the religion thing though.

Guest Riser

I never answer questions about ethnic origin, religion, or sexual preference on principle as it should not matter. In the last census where we were forced to put a religion I was one of the many who put Jedi in protest. I don't believe in discrimination positive or negative so why give people the information to justify it.

Edited by Riser

I never answer questions about ethnic origin, religion, or sexual preference on principle as it should not matter. In the last census where we were forced to put a religion I was one of the many who put Jedi in protest. I don't believe in discrimination positive or negative so why give people the information to justify it.

You see Riser, that's where I have to disagree slightly. I would have marked an X on the Jedi entry in fun to help out the other 9,999 people who were willing to participate (something I didn't even know about until Durch brought it up!).

How about looking at it from a different perspective? Lets say that HPC poster A is black and that HPC poster B is has been brought up as a racist. HPC poster A and B are always joking and supporting eachother on the board. Now HPC poster A makes a post (not just a vote) stating the colour of his skin is rich ebony. Would that not challenge HPC poster B to question his beliefs in black people?

You can't escape a problem by ignoring it, you have to face it head on to find a solution.

We can't hide behind masks for fear of prejudice. We should all be proud of the person we are and were born as.

Shame you can't have more options, shouldn't there be at least 2 more options, Asexual male & Asexual female ? given this third sex debate.

Definition - 'Asexual: A person who does not experience sexual attraction'

http://www.asexuality.org/discussion/

I thought HPC was populated by many of those who can only get aroused by the thought of a House Price Crash :D or perhaps jedisexual ?

British white male. English. A Londoner. Very proud of all of them.

My wife, however, is Pakistani and obviously that makes my daughter mixed race (just adding that bit because which my wife doesn't visit here, she's always asking what the site has to say).

Guest Bart of Darkness

I'm thinking of starting up a seperate poll for bi-sexual female couples looking for a straight male.

Oh, wait, that's for another site entirely.... ;)

Straight white male indigenous Briton B)

I can't work out whether I'm a straight white female or a straight ethnic female since I'm not a Brit, and don't think like a Brit, but I am white. Does my whiteness over-ride my ethnicity or my ethnicity over-ride my whiteness?

The problem with thinking outside the box ... what box?!? :o

I suspect that some respondants are telling porkies;

Surely there can't be THAT many straight white males on HPC?

78% male of all sorts. Is it only men that concern themselves with the BIG issues. What are all the little laydies doing. Washing the dishes barefoot with a bairne at each hip?