House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ingermany

New Politics

15799576.jpg

I haven't even read the story here, but the headline has got to have ministers choking on their coffee tomorrow morning. It couldn't be more "off-message". It's an invitation to riot. Mind you, I'm far too busy for that sort of thing.

15799576.jpg

I haven't even read the story here, but the headline has got to have ministers choking on their coffee tomorrow morning. It couldn't be more "off-message". It's an invitation to riot. Mind you, I'm far too busy for that sort of thing.

This weas inevitable as soon as the moral consensus for bailing out failure was broken after the banksters fluffed it.

Everyone grabs for the printing press from now on.

For the first time in ages there's a split in the newspaper reporting:

Most have gone with the "peaceful protest hijacked by a minority of mindless thugs" approach.

However some papers like the Indie and Guardian (This is Just the Beginning) have portrayed it as a political reaction, rather than criminality. It will be interesting to see where this leads. It will be interesting to see where this leads. Commentators on TV were quick to point out that violence never persuades governments to change course. However, my recollection of the Poll Tax is that it was hastily withdrawn after just this sort of rioting. maybe the Indie and Guardian have a point and we will see a lot more "direct action".....just at a time when police numbers and pay needs to be cut.

Did they just invent public disorder?

It's somewhat dishonest of the media to call this a riot. They keep talking about violence, but there was hardly anything happening, just some vandalism.

Since when did kicking in a shop window become 'new'? Pfff. A load of nonsense.

15799576.jpg

Yawn.

I bet there were more journos there, than "rioters".

It couldn't be more "off-message".
Worryingly, I think it might turn out to be quite 'on-message'

The bankers gambled with our money, Gordon Brown robbed us to save the bankers and now David Cameron is punishing us for being robbed by Gordon Brown. No wonder people are angry.

Add to that we have had two 'unelected' prime ministers in succession (I know that PMs aren't elected, technically, but..)

A lot of people have had their hopes and ambitions dashed since the election. Mosts of those will blame Cameron and Clegg, not Brown.

Edited by blankster