House Price Crash Forum
aptid

Rightmove Changes

Just been browsing Rightmove and it looks they have upgraded the property viewing bits, large pictures (hoorah), slideshow feature (hoorah2), looksmuch better.

Just been browsing Rightmove and it looks they have upgraded the property viewing bits, large pictures (hoorah), slideshow feature (hoorah2), looksmuch better.

No, lower prices would look much better.

I think it must be work in progress because I first saw the new layout over 2 weeks ago, but most of the time I have the usual old layout ??

Ditto.

Sometimes I see the old layout, sometimes the new layout.

Maybe the new layout is some kind of "premium feature"?

Does property bee work with the new lay out? Those I have looked at have no property bee stuff on it.

No- Propert Bee has issues with the new layout and unfortunately Beerhunter (property bee main man) is on the missing list and has been since July.

Sad to say, buy Property Bee's future is looking decidedly shaky.

No- Propert Bee has issues with the new layout and unfortunately Beerhunter (property bee main man) is on the missing list and has been since July.

Sad to say, buy Property Bee's future is looking decidedly shaky.

So new layout is anti-property bee?

So new layout is anti-property bee?

It appears to still work on the search results pages, just not in the main description page.

It appears to still work on the search results pages, just not in the main description page.

I am having other issues as well. If I have viewed a change from the sidebar and then look at a normal property search list there is still no history shown for the first property. I think rightmove are rolling out these changes gradually and new problems are likely to accumulate - where are you beerhunter!!

Propert Bee giving me the message "Backing up- please try again in 10 mins." Been doing this for a couple of hours though.

I'm sure the changes to RM happened at least a week ago so I'm not sure they are connected. I still get a lot of the history of price changes but get the error message as well.

Wasn't there an appeal for funds to keep property bee going until December? Maybe it's about to end. :(

Edited by deflation

Oh no, that would be absolutely terrible :(

Good news is that it should still work for your "own" searches, i.e. the ones that don't rely on the back end server, so if you periodically do the same search, you'll still see changes.

Yes. Doesn't work for me at least. I'm sure it's entirely co-incidental.

Property Bee is also currently offline - http://www.property-bee.com/ - though could be a temporary glitch.

And beerhunter is missing?

I'm not liking the look of this.

I am not affiliated with this but something called Property Tracker exists for Chrome. I have it installed, but currently it is very underutilised, so there isn't much data in their databases.

If property-bee, as much as I love it, is not going to be updated within reasonable timescales, perhaps it would be good is a significant number of us switch to using it? The technology requires people to be searching rightmove in much the same was a property-bee, so the more people the better.

Note: I haven't used property tracker for ages (since I initially tested it), so it may be experiencing similar issues.

I am not affiliated with this but something called Property Tracker exists for Chrome. I have it installed, but currently it is very underutilised, so there isn't much data in their databases.

If property-bee, as much as I love it, is not going to be updated within reasonable timescales, perhaps it would be good is a significant number of us switch to using it? The technology requires people to be searching rightmove in much the same was a property-bee, so the more people the better.

Note: I haven't used property tracker for ages (since I initially tested it), so it may be experiencing similar issues.

Hi

I use Property Tracker and find it very useful although it does just track price changes rather than all the changes of detail / status that Property Bee tracks.

Property Tracker is also having problems in extracting the price from the individual property details page Eg if you link directly to a property from a RightMove e mailing there is no Property Tracker information.

However, Property Tracker is still showing price updates within the search results when you undertake a search on the site itself. If anyone is interested, I regularly run through the M21, M16 and M5 post codes so these are fairly up to date with price changes.

It does seem to have very few users which is surprising given the popularity of Chrome???

M21er

The one change I don't like with the new look Rightmove is that they've moved the link to the property's brochure to far down the page, so you have to go looking for it, whereas previously it was under the pictures.

Yes. Doesn't work for me at least. I'm sure it's entirely co-incidental.

Property Bee is also currently offline - http://www.property-bee.com/ - though could be a temporary glitch.

And beerhunter is missing?

I'm not liking the look of this.

I wouldn't worry too much - the site's gone down a few times over the last couple of weeks, and always reappeared eventually.

Also, Beerhunter's not working on it alone, anymore - there are a few people - so even if he decided not to continue he could probably pass the job on to someone else.

Does anyone know how to get in touch with the developer of Property-Bee?

I'd be more than happy to contribute to it's ongoing maintenance.

I have emailed the WHOIS contact for the website but not yet had a reply. He seems to have disappeared. I have asked the other developers on the property bee forum who else can take over fund raising for servers and promoting code updates to account for the new rightmove layout. Hopefully, they will be able to sort something.

Thanks for the replies.

It would be a shame for such a great tool to disappear now that the inevitable is finally upon us.

Bear Monger, let us all know if you receive a reply. I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd be happy to donate time or money to see the project continue.

Agreed. If I catch up with beerhunter, I will propose to buy the site and turn it into a proper business generating revenue so that it can support a full time developer. It is a great tool but is lacking in support.

Agreed. If I catch up with beerhunter, I will propose to buy the site and turn it into a proper business generating revenue so that it can support a full time developer. It is a great tool but is lacking in support.

I agree, a great potential missed there.

Difficult to see how you could do that. (Though I'd be interested in discussing how!)

I doubt that there's scope to get EAs to pay. They would be more likely to pay to have their properties filtered out :-)

As an "add on" app it is difficult to see how it can generate Ad revenue. (But I know nothing about FF aps so I could be missing something really obvious)

Which leaves charging people to use it. I note that the original MO for all of the LR access site was a PPV model, that idea didn't make it to the end of the month.

BTW I'm getting an error 500 (whatever that is).

tim