House Price Crash Forum

What's The Best Savings Account At The Moment?

HOLA441

Afternoon all

So my my bonus period has run out on a savings account and I need to move the pennies! From my research, Nationwide appear to have the best account at 2.99% closely followed by the post office at 2.90%, however I believe that the PO is in bed with Anglo Irish bank, who are as good as bankrupt.

Are there any other instant access accounts out there?

HOLA442

Afternoon all

So my my bonus period has run out on a savings account and I need to move the pennies! From my research, Nationwide appear to have the best account at 2.99% closely followed by the post office at 2.90%, however I believe that the PO is in bed with Anglo Irish bank, who are as good as bankrupt.

That allows only one withdrawal a year without penalty though. I signed up for Natwest at 2.89% penalty free a couple of months ago, but can't find that deal being offered any more. Now it's up and running it's very handy because I can move money between this savings account and my current account which is with them instantly. Was amazed they let me open it actually since I'm not a new customer.

IMO it's about time banks rewarded their longest serving customers with better rates, rather than one year bonus deals for new customers. I guess the sheeple really are daft enough to be lured in by a good one year bonus rate and then just forget to move the money out...

HOLA443

Afternoon all

M&s three year £100 penalty 3.5% if my memory serves

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

That allows only one withdrawal a year without penalty though. I signed up for Natwest at 2.89% penalty free a couple of months ago, but can't find that deal being offered any more. Now it's up and running it's very handy because I can move money between this savings account and my current account which is with them instantly. Was amazed they let me open it actually since I'm not a new customer.

IMO it's about time banks rewarded their longest serving customers with better rates, rather than one year bonus deals for new customers. I guess the sheeple really are daft enough to be lured in by a good one year bonus rate and then just forget to move the money out...

What savings account was this called Rant?

HOLA4410

Lloyds Vantage current account - 4% gross between £5k and £7k. Can have 3 accounts, just need to switch £1k in and out each month. Easy access, decent rate. Wins hands down in my book - no long tie-ins, it's a current account!

+1.

I've got 3 accounts with standing orders swapping £1000 between the accounts each month and I can confirm that this works. It's a better rate than I get on my ISA, even after tax deductions, and with 3 cash cards it's as instant access as it gets.

HOLA4411