House Price Crash Forum
Realistbear

Bo E: Cuts Won't Do Any Harm

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20101110/tuk-bank-of-england-cuts-will-not-lead-t-dba1618.html

Bank of England: 'Cuts will not lead to recession'
The Bank of England has said "substantial" government austerity measures should not send the UK into a double-dip recession.
.../
Governor Mervyn King said the UK's economic recovery is likely to continue, adding that he was not expecting a sudden, sharp slowdown.
UK growth is expected to be "broadly similar" to that forecast in the August report, with the recovery looking to have peaked in the second half of this year and falling back to around an annual rate of 2.5 per cent in 2011 before gradually picking up to just over 3 per cent in late 2012.

So the cuts are insubstantial then? Do we really need them and why can't we just carry on where Brown left off if all is fine?

Seems like Merv's optimism is so glowing that even a HPC can be avoided. Nothing wrong with the economy so no need for any declines in values anywhere. Moreover, Merv sees strong growth a year or so out. Blue skies forever.

Edited by Realistbear

Seems like Merv's optimism is so glowing that even a HPC can be avoided. Nothing wrong with the economy so no need for any decliones in values anywhere. Moreoever, Merv sees strong growth a year or so out. Blue skies forever.

Don't wory lads, it's Jam tomorrow.

Tommorrow? I am reading its jam non-stop. No consequences for the Brown years. All nicely swept under the Elephant's bum.

The only way this works is with strong growth. Which, it is promised, is just around the corner.

The BoE have to try to talk up the economy, it's their job.

I think the people on this thread mean the Bank of England in England UK. I don't know where the one lives that you are talking about but ours uses trashing the economy to trash sterling to keep interest low so they can steal from savers.

Just off the phone to my mate. His brother is an architect and has their company has more or less folded. He's got 18 weeks pay in which to find a new job.

Just off the phone to my mate. His brother is an architect and has their company has more or less folded. He's got 18 weeks pay in which to find a new job.

Yes this seems to be happening a lot, I dont see a recovery personally. The recent Q3 GDP figures were based on something like an 11% expansion in construction activities having occurred :blink:

As I mentioned before, I think construction is totally screwed. Keeping the bubble inflated has made most things economically unviable, housebuilding, company expansion, company moves, house moves the whole damned shooting match is knackered at current costs.

Excessive HPI wrecked California's economy, laid Ireland's to waste and it will destroy ours. The longer they try to keep the bubble inflated the longer it will take for us to become competitive in the world market again. High house prices are a curse.

http://uk.news.yahoo...-t-dba1618.html

Bank of England: 'Cuts will not lead to recession'
The Bank of England has said "substantial" government austerity measures should not send the UK into a double-dip recession.
.../
Governor Mervyn King
said the UK's economic recovery is likely to continue, adding that he was not expecting a sudden, sharp slowdown.
UK growth is expected to be "broadly similar" to that forecast in the August report, with the recovery looking to have peaked in the second half of this year and falling back to around an annual rate of 2.5 per cent in 2011 before gradually picking up to just over 3 per cent in late 2012.

So the cuts are insubstantial then? Do we really need them and why can't we just carry on where Brown left off if all is fine?

Seems like Merv's optimism is so glowing that even a HPC can be avoided. Nothing wrong with the economy so no need for any declines in values anywhere. Moreover, Merv sees strong growth a year or so out. Blue skies forever.

Why is that TOOL still in the job? Just changes the goal posts to suit his own f.uck ups.

Why is that TOOL still in the job? Just changes the goal posts to suit his own f.uck ups.

This shit is measuring recovery and growth in forcefully devalued currency in a climate of rapidly rising prices and inflation - it is just meaningless, nay fraud to call it growth.

Edited by OnlyMe

This shit is measuring recovery and growth in forcefully devalued currency in a climate of rapidly rising prices and inflation - it is just meaningless, nay fraud to call it growth.

GBP =

$1.61155

Euro 1.16949

Whatever Merv is doing he has convinced the markets he knows what he is doing. The pound is flying up.

It winds me up evertime I hear him going on.. oh and what about his bloody cricketing metaphors he used. Christ I'd like to use a cricket bat on him but that's not in a metaphorical way!