House Price Crash Forum
Smell the Fear

Is Hpc An Economic Waco?

I had a thought while reading through tonight's Trevor McDonald threads.

I could hear Carmina Burana (the Old Spice ad music!) in my head as I read through it, as the apocalypse unfolded before my eyes.

A bull was being executed by a Matador, slumping to the dusty ground as a pool of crimson blood expanded around it after his final powerful sword thrust.

The posts flooded in, confirming forever more that it was over, that the land of milk and honey had been reached after a gruelling trek through the valley of death.

Then I heard the needle scratch across the record and came to. Is HPC becoming a religious experience? Are we a bunch of delusional nutters holed up in our cyber compound on the eve of destruction?

Then I remembered Trevor's opening statement, and the music started to play again, building to a massive crescendo.

HPC has arrived!

StF - I just think we really want to be proven right.

There is a lot of pride at stake here - most of us have spent a couple of years in the minority and now see the tide turning in our favour.

But I know what you mean - it sometimes does seem a bit cult-like.

Is HPC becoming a religious experience? Are we a bunch of delusional nutters holed up in our cyber compound on the eve of destruction?

Then I remembered Trevor's opening statement, and the music started to play again, building to a massive crescendo.

HPC has arrived!

For people like me priced out of the market HPC.com is the only place where people are prepared to even consider that house prices might come down. For a lot of young people the only record playing has been the one where everyone sings at you 'you missed the boat, you missed the boat'. Not surprising then that we come on here to hear another tune. Its particularly nice to hear the television finally playing our tune but most people will have watched so many bullish property programmes it will take a bit more than one TWTM to change their minds.

As for those who say we're wishing and hoping for a House Price Crash, no, once upon a time this was the only place arguing that it was even possible that house prices can go down.

Nar, we are just like  "eclipse watchers" as we knew it was going to happen we all congregated here to watch it.  :rolleyes:

Just waiting for the "diamond ring" to appear!!

...if you're an eclipse watcher, you'll know what that means... ;)