House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SHERWICK

Bbc Article On How To Get Off A Train

Who, what, why: How to get off a busy train

(lots of waffle and then a 3 step process is outlined and there's even a diagram! I admit that I hadn't thought about steps 1 and 2, so thanks BBC for that):

• 1 - Let all passengers off the train
  • 2 - Get on the train
  • 3 - Keep moving down the train to keep the flow consistent

_49860994_mag_tube_carriage.gif

I wonder how much in total that cost to do and post online... :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-11676437

Who, what, why: How to get off a busy train

(lots of waffle and then a 3 step process is outlined and there's even a diagram! I admit that I hadn't thought about steps 1 and 2, so thanks BBC for that):

• 1 - Let all passengers off the train
  • 2 - Get on the train
  • 3 - Keep moving down the train to keep the flow consistent

_49860994_mag_tube_carriage.gif

I wonder how much in total that cost to do and post online... :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-11676437

It is an information broadcast from the BBC - They know we have millions of immigrants in the country that have never seen a train, let alone an underground train, witchdoctor voodoo/

I miss the slam-door trains when you could open the door at Charing Cross long before the train had stopped if you were in a hurry...

It is an information broadcast from the BBC - They know we have millions of immigrants in the country that have never seen a train, let alone an underground train, witchdoctor voodoo/

Selfish commuters* (and students) could do with some teaching in train etiquette.

*Disclaimer: As a commuter myself, I'm allowed to say that! :)

A couple of years ago, on a snowy day I was getting off a train and thought it a good idea to press the door close button as I jumped out to keep the cold out. What I didn't know was it also closed the other door further down the carriage. As I walked down the platform I observed a man with his head trapped in the doors.

I miss the slam-door trains when you could open the door at Charing Cross long before the train had stopped if you were in a hurry...

Just travel on First Great Western. They are still using them.

the picture included with the article proves this

Is there a train under there somewhere?

Health and Safety official on tracks says to driver "You cant take this train out, until the driver has seated and secured his safety helmet and goggles."

81103211334883.jpg

There was an article on the BBC news yesterday and this is apparently what it is going to be like on Network South East in five years time .

Surely it can't get this bad. :unsure:

LOL, job well done!

I had visions of people pinging out of the other side of the carriage into the path of an oncoming train.

Surely it can't get this bad. :unsure:

I have seen things like that happen in the UK on many occasions, difference is there were no platform attendants trying to quickly and politely deal with the situation and passengers were left to fend for themselves. "Kudasai" means please.

You could also at a push, open a slam door from outside, whilst the train was departing Charing Cross, throw your kitbag in, and go for the jump hopeing that you'd be in before your legs gave out you. :D Oh and before that running and shouting jobsworth could stop you.

Huh we're "civilised" it'll never happen here. Huurrrmmp!

It has happened to me, I would not recommended to anyone, no one pushed us on everybody just pushed themselves on....it was bad enough the journey to work without getting a bag shoved in your leg, a smelly armpit up your nose and your thighs laddered as you tried to force your way through the bodies as quickly as you could so not to miss your stop...once getting on my head was hit badly by the curved doors as they closed...you wouldn't transport animals the way we are expected to travel. :ph34r: