House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pauly_Boy

Winter Is Coming, What Part Of Your Body Gets Cold First?

This is extreeme pointlessness, but it's getting cold and I was just wondering what part of your body usually gets cold first.

I bet most people will say hands or feet, but some of u might get a cold elbow or something?

Anyway, my feet are ruddy freezing, hence the topic :)

This is extreeme pointlessness, but it's getting cold and I was just wondering what part of your body usually gets cold first.

I bet most people will say hands or feet, but some of u might get a cold elbow or something?

Anyway, my feet are ruddy freezing, hence the topic :)

The important thing with feet is to let them breathe. The dampness of a bit of sweat is what makes them feel cold. I use open sandals and never get cold feet.

I go around in shorts as much as possible in winter. Takes a fair bit to realy get cold. Saw numerous people this morning all wrapped up with earmuffs and everything this morning. No need IMO.

For me it is usually the fingers that go a little bit chilly to start off with.

I go around in shorts as much as possible in winter. Takes a fair bit to realy get cold. Saw numerous people this morning all wrapped up with earmuffs and everything this morning. No need IMO.

I agree. People should let themselves acclimatise to the colder winter temperatures instead of instantly turning on the heating and wrapping up at the first cold chill in the air.. Not only does it mean you can save some cash by not having the heating blasting out constantly in your home but you also dont need to wrap in umpteem layers of clothes just to go for the newspaper.

BTW to answer the OP, my nose gets cold first

Hands get vulnerable to a bit of cold when they are required to do something that exposes them too much. I put on the gloves for cycling for the first time on Sunday, while retaining the shorts and t-shirt for parts of the body not required deal with steering and brakes. When I had a motorbike, that got really hard on the hands!

I seem to be able to wear shorts all through winter; possibly because my skin is covered in a thick layer of hair. One thing I'm noticing this year is I'm much colder due to my BF% being about 8% compared to about 16% last year. I would say my face gets quite cold especially as there is often a stiff breeze along the coast.