HOLA441
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

This whole thread is just an attempt for SHERWICK to troll Injin, you can tell the level of intelligence of this person by the fact he capitalises his name to make it stand out.

He probably doesn't like it that Injin's posts are quoted more than his hence this thread is an attempt to grab attention.

Hmmmmm. Let me see:

Injin:

Me:

I would hope that Injin gets quoted more often than me. Otherwise he really is wasting his time here! 33 thousand posts in 3 years is incredible!!!! :lol:

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Injin posted his/her theory on unemployment & business failure earlier:

The largest cause of unemployment is the central bank lending at interest.

amount of money - x

amount of money required to pay debts = x + y

y = amount of failed businesses and unemeployed.

Anyone have any thoughts on the above? :rolleyes:

As usual Injin will claim he is right without presenting any facts. To be honest I switch off these days. :)

HOLA447

How about you giving us your's . In the last 50 year's we have gone form having to import labour as we had more jobs than people , to 8 million adults wihtout a job.

So apart form telling us it is all about the masses just wanting to smoke and watch crap T.V. Give us your thoughts.

Can't we just export some of the unneeded labour.

Start with some of the ones we most recently imported.

Especially the ones that never seem to get jobs at all.

HOLA448
HOLA449

Yes, I got it the first time around, honest.

So, what is your point?

I really don't understand why such a pedantic desire to unravel a post could be of such importance to anyone.

It's an attempt to explore whether or not Injin is right in the OP. I don't think he is. He, bizarrely, thinks he is.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Wouldn't a hard default on the bonds affect everyone in the country, not simply the bond holders (via higher interest rates for all)....? (Yes, yes, I know that savers would finally be rewarded with higher interest rates).

There will be winners and losers either way we cut it. Our economy needs to rebalance itself to be sustainable, which means less wealth in the hands of the few and more in the hands of the many.

I worry that running the printing presses and keeping rates low will result in business destroying inflation, as commodity prices rise, pushing input costs up. How to tackle this high inflation could be nigh on impossible - if rates are left low, inflation will continue to go up (making long term planning difficult, harming business, while gutting the middle classes). If rates go high, hot money will flood in, due to carry trades, fuelling asset bubbles (themselves, sucking money into malinvestment) and making the problem worse.

If our printed money heads off to foreign shores, it could help reduce our trade deficit, by watering down foreign surpluses*. In this respect, we would be killing two birds with one stone - reducing our trade deficit, while rebalancing our national distribution of wealth too. I worry that we may be building up a bigger problem for later**, by letting the presses run.

* Surpluses which could be said to have been maintained by currency manipulation, which is still having a negative affect on our economy.

** If our rates are to stay near zero indefinitely though, I can understand the argument that the hot money won't come back too though.

P.S. I doubt savers would benefit either. There is little yield to extract, which is why we are where we are with zero rates, peak debt etc.

Edited by Traktion