House Price Crash Forum

silver sped through $27 as well

Don't quote me on this but I think Jim Turk said that silver should move 5 dollars in 18 days, well we have moved $3 already in 4, He also said that if this happens it could cause the fall of J.P. Morgan and HSBC. We could be about to see fireworks.

Thanks for the info on HSBC Scott - very interesting to someone who is shopping around the UK banks for as safe a haven as you can get!

$1406.40 seems to have happened real quick but do others agree we have to hold out never over the coming weeks and months as there is going to be massive movement both up and down?

Dollars up against Euro and JPY too.

This has the smell of a bank default about it somewhere in the works. Possibly even Ireland or another Piggy I suppose.

If it was QE related I think you'd expect it to be on the back of USD getting a kicking.

Thanks for the info on HSBC Scott - very interesting to someone who is shopping around the UK banks for as safe a haven as you can get!

$1406.40 seems to have happened real quick but do others agree we have to hold out never over the coming weeks and months as there is going to be massive movement both up and down?

I would only expect minor pull backs $30-40 dollars at most, the news is so awful right now. I've got a feeling in my bones over the next two weeks we could see some major news politics/ financial/ enviroment.

WTF? Realist Bear said it was going to stop at £1374. Don't tell me I was wrong to believe him! :lol::lol::lol:

According to rb we should be at $600 gold, what interest me is the absolute vitriol thrown at gold on the main page, they say keep it to housing, well if you go there right now more than 3/4 of the threads are unrelated, and there is not one complaint.

The call to silence debate on gold is going to cost people dear, I think you'll find if there is ever call for a gold seizure the same people who stop the debate will be talking nonstop about how they should seize it.

According to rb we should be at $600 gold, what interest me is the absolute vitriol thrown at gold on the main page, they say keep it to housing, well if you go there right now more than 3/4 of the threads are unrelated, and there is not one complaint.

Exactly. But I enjoy the opposition quite frankly. I feel like part of the small but gutsy Rebel Alliance versus Darth and his minions! :lol:

The call to silence debate on gold is going to cost people dear, I think you'll find if there is ever call for a gold seizure the same people who stop the debate will be talking nonstop about how they should seize it.

You're probably right, they won't be able to cope with the egg on their smug faces and will be seeking revenge :o

Gold could reach a billion dollars per oz and it would no effect whatsoever to 99.99% of the worlds population. Its totally irrelevant unless you have bought it.

B)

first post so be gentle :) £1408 ! Loving helicopter ben's work , but is this a sign a mild 'correction' is coming ? Be interesting to see the news coming out of the G20 in Seoul - makes me wonder if anything's been 'leaked' to certain sources or if this is just a reaction to QE2 . We truely are living in 'interesting times' ...

Is the mothership that is this QE2 going entirely into PM's?! What a ride!

wouldnt that be a smart move

using all that fastly devaluing paper

to buy fastly rising metals

before the switch to a gold backed/influenced

reserve currency

or maybe their just restocking Ft Knox before Ron Paul gets to

peek inside

wouldnt that be a smart move

using all that fastly devaluing paper

to buy fastly rising metals

before the switch to a gold backed/influenced

reserve currency

or maybe their just restocking Ft Knox before Ron Paul gets to

peek inside

I think you might be on to something there! You can say what you like about Benron, but he is my favourite guy in the whole world! :lol:

Gold could reach a billion dollars per oz and it would no effect whatsoever to 99.99% of the worlds population. Its totally irrelevant unless you have bought it.

Well done on demonstrating a complete lack of critical thinking. If gold is a billion dollars and ounce, how much is your sold to rent/saved deposit in sterling now worth? It will be even more relevant if you are on the wrong side of the trade, because rather than expanding your wealth and enjoying a better standard of living, you'll see your wealth go up in smoke and you standard of living collapse.

B)

first post so be gentle :) £1408 ! Loving helicopter ben's work , but is this a sign a mild 'correction' is coming ? Be interesting to see the news coming out of the G20 in Seoul - makes me wonder if anything's been 'leaked' to certain sources or if this is just a reaction to QE2 . We truely are living in 'interesting times' ...

Welcome Danny T. Ignore the insults from the gold bears, it seems the gold price feeds on their negativity :lol::lol::lol:

Welcome Danny T. Ignore the insults from the gold bears, it seems the gold price feeds on their negativity :lol::lol::lol:

oh yeaah $1408.8 Gold is going to the f*cking moon and I'm going to ride it there! B) 1400 was a big resistance line I think we'll cruise up to 1450 within a fortnight...