House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
kenzdawg

Bmv In Scotland

Anyone had experience with Below Market Value brokers in Scotland? The whole thing reeks of sharp practice, but I suppose it is, in principal, possible to good deals this way. Putting aside the ethics of it, what are the practicalities?

Thoughts anyone?

Hmm, all good points.

Actually, having taken a desultory look at this I've decided it's a load of marketing b*ll*cks. The ones I was sent from companies selling such stuff were with modest discounts on properties that were delusionally priced in the first place. But you knew that already, didn't you, you smartarses!

I dont understand the logic of below market value. It just fails my logic tests !!

I dont understand the logic of below market value. It just fails my logic tests !!

There is quite a bit about this over at singingpig.co.uk. The concept apparently being that one invites distressed sellers to rape themselves by selling their properties to you for cash to escape their crippling mortgage liabilities. You in turn lease it back to them, mortgage it for the market value (i.e surveyors ******** valuation) and pocket the difference. However it seems the FSA has changed the rules so rapists are no longer allowed to advertise financial services, and the whole 'no cash down' thing has died of death. I'm not sure I ever had it in me to do this kind of thing.

There is quite a bit about this over at singingpig.co.uk. The concept apparently being that one invites distressed sellers to rape themselves by selling their properties to you for cash to escape their crippling mortgage liabilities. You in turn lease it back to them, mortgage it for the market value (i.e surveyors ******** valuation) and pocket the difference. However it seems the FSA has changed the rules so rapists are no longer allowed to advertise financial services, and the whole 'no cash down' thing has died of death. I'm not sure I ever had it in me to do this kind of thing.

Still not sure how this works ? You clearly need a big whack of cash available. Then you lease it back to them with a mortgage in your own name. How exactly do you pocket the difference, get rid of any ties and leave with cash in hand ?

Still not sure how this works ? You clearly need a big whack of cash available. Then you lease it back to them with a mortgage in your own name. How exactly do you pocket the difference, get rid of any ties and leave with cash in hand ?

I claim no expertise, but this guy seems to think he has the magic beans.

I claim no expertise, but this guy seems to think he has the magic beans.

Noooooooooo :lol:

And the money you borrow to bridge the 6 months gap is charged at 1.25% PER MONTH ! And that is only if the place is bought for more than 30% lower than the surveyor valuation.

Although at least he does make it clear what may happen.

Now I make a very big assumption here. The property will still value up at £100k in 6 months time. This is your call. I reckon they will but you could get caught with your trousers down if prices fall.