House Price Crash Forum
spongeh

Midlands Anecdotal

I know this is an anecdotal so it can be moved if needed to the midlands section if needed, but might be better being discussed on the main forum for a bit.

There are currently 4 houses available on my street and I've been talking to the owners and various people about them. If you look at any of the satellite images for the area you'll see lots of fields .... lots of fields that have just had planning permission passed for 500 new homes :(

3 Bed Detached - No RM link as its been 'sold'

House was on the market for £156k, turned down an initial offer for £142k, accepted an offer of £148,500. During the searches the purchaser has found out the house is lease hold and has said their offer only stands if the vendor buys the lease and sell the house freehold. Vendor has said he's not willing to buy the lease for 8k and has instructed the EA to put the house back on the market. While chatting the Vendor admitted he knew prices were falling, but was unwilling to reduce the price as he didn't want the let the house go cheap.

4 Bed detached - For sale http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-15363519.html

Owner was very bullish when putting the house on the market, this is their pension you see. The house had initially been on the market in 2007 for £220k, but had no interest so she removed it from the market until the housing market picked up again. Put it back on this year for £215k, had no interest and recently dropped the price again to £200k.

4 Bed Detached - Not for sale

House is empty as the owners have moved to a bigger house in a nicer area, can't bring themselves to rent it out and can't sell it for what they want. Just sits there all empty and lonely.

4 Bed Detached - For rent http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-14700882.html

Guy is a grade A k**b. Was on the market for £425k and was reduced down to £375k, before he gave up selling and tried to rent it out. Wants to rent it out for £1100pm, but no one round here will pay that for it. Last time it was up for rent the rent was reduced several times until it got down to £865, a young couple rented it, but moved out within the first 6 months of the AST. We believe the LL tried to up the rent back to the £1k mark. House stayed empty for a few months until a family moved in while the insurance repaired their house, they've now gone and again no one wants the house at that price. LL said the last family that if no one rented it this time and as he couldn't sell it he was going to knock it down and build 7 small houses on the plot.

Edited by spongeh

There are currently 4 houses available on my street and I've been talking to the owners and various people about them. If you look at any of the satellite images for the area you'll see lots of fields .... lots of fields that have just had planning permission passed for 500 new homes :(

This is GOOD news not BAD news so loose the frown. We NEED MORE HOUSES.

F**king NIMBYs.

they can't sell these

I guarantee there are thousands of people out there who would be happy to buy.

Of course they could sell them.

Just not at those prices.