House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
fellow

England Fans Can See France Friendly For A Fiver

England fans can see France friendly for a fiver

FA bosses are taking unprecedented steps to flog tickets for England's friendly with France on November 17.

Having sold just 44,000 tickets, football chiefs are desperate to fill Wembley so they are virtually giving away entry as prices start from a FIVER.

For the first time, 70,000 leaflets will be posted in Wembley's home borough of Brent, encouraging local fans to take up the cut-price offer.

After the World Cup disaster in South Africa, the marketing team adopted an aggressive policy to try to avoid embarrassing attendances.

So leaflets have also been handed out at Football League games in London and the south east.

The Hungary, Bulgaria and Montenegro games all attracted over 70,000 fans and the FA are confident their half-price offer to locals will ensure another decent gate.

I tend to look at what happened to English football as a way of understanding what has happened to the nation.

People thought "import foreign players, and our league will be the best in the world."

The consequence, English lads were having to compete with "fully developed" players from abroad for a contract with a club.

Unlike the foreign players that grew up their country where there was little foreign competition, where they could develop etc, the English lads didn't get the chance to become "the finished article"

Same thing is happening in every industry in the country.

Multi-national companies only wanting to bring in "foreign" fully developed workers, meanwhile the English are never given a chance.

We don't become "great" by importing "greatness" in. We have to develop it ourselves. All we do when we import greatness in, is we make our competitors on the world stage even greater, and ourselves less experienced and unable to compete.

Looks like the deflationary spiral has finally started?

Deflation in areas that can't be manipulated, inflation in the areas the governments can manipulate. They are doing it for our best interest though....

Do you get given a fiver for having to watch it?

I am not sure i'd even watch that bunch of overpaid circle jerkers at home if they paid me a fiver.

I tend to look at what happened to English football as a way of understanding what has happened to the nation.

People thought "import foreign players, and our league will be the best in the world."

The consequence, English lads were having to compete with "fully developed" players from abroad for a contract with a club.

Unlike the foreign players that grew up their country where there was little foreign competition, where they could develop etc, the English lads didn't get the chance to become "the finished article"

Same thing is happening in every industry in the country.

Multi-national companies only wanting to bring in "foreign" fully developed workers, meanwhile the English are never given a chance.

We don't become "great" by importing "greatness" in. We have to develop it ourselves. All we do when we import greatness in, is we make our competitors on the world stage even greater, and ourselves less experienced and unable to compete.

Really? America did.

Where does that leave your thesis ?

Really? America did.

Do you mean the founding fathers era America or the 20th Century one? Because the founding fathers needed bodies to colonise the land. The 20th C one only took in the absolute cream, e.g. for NASA and the space race, and/or there was space so that new arrivals didn't push out the locals.

Present-day America is different though and is facing similar issues to the UK/EU. There are many computer science workers who are either too old (>50) or too inexperienced (new grads) to get jobs which go to incoming HB-1 holders instead.

So I reckon his hypothesis is fairly sound.

Really? America did.

And it doesn't even work for on the Football level because Italy have been importing players for a good 30 years and still managed to win 2 world cups and get another appearance in the final.

As for watching England, I don't even bother watching them on the TV let alone spend half the night travelling on sub standard transport links to stand in the cold for 90 minutes.

Won't this cause a bit of a problem in the finances, I thought they needed a full stadium presumable at full price to pay off the debts?

I would assume so, but £5 is better than nothing and it's probable that if you get in for £5 you might spend £20 on food and drink.

Do you mean the founding fathers era America or the 20th Century one? Because the founding fathers needed bodies to colonise the land. The 20th C one only took in the absolute cream, e.g. for NASA and the space race, and/or there was space so that new arrivals didn't push out the locals.

Present-day America is different though and is facing similar issues to the UK/EU. There are many computer science workers who are either too old (>50) or too inexperienced (new grads) to get jobs which go to incoming HB-1 holders instead.

So I reckon his hypothesis is fairly sound.

Oh yes. Only the "cream" found their way to Ellis Island to form the basis of 1/3 of the US population.

Your theory is suffering from a serious case of lack of internal validity probably due to bias. This has lead to inaccurate retrofitting of facts to address objections raised.

Viva fail.

£5 entrance for a mass entertainment is plenty.

Even for 1st division events.

Oh yes. Only the "cream" found their way to Ellis Island to form the basis of 1/3 of the US population.

Your theory is suffering from a serious case of lack of internal validity probably due to bias. This has lead to inaccurate retrofitting of facts to address objections raised.

Viva fail.

Woah, and who say's that you're the font of all knowledge? Did you miss the part where I said ', and/or there was space so that new arrivals didn't push out the locals.'

America needed lots of people of all standards to build up their population. That was then. Now, they don't - bringing in skilled employment is causing equally qualified locals to be over-looked.

I would have thought you would get this idea of the immigrants taking the jobs of the current population since Oz has such strict criteria to control it?

Edited by efdemin

Woah, and who say's that you're the font of all knowledge? Did you miss the part where I said ', and/or there was space so that new arrivals didn't push out the locals.'

America needed lots of people of all standards to build up their population. That was then. Now, they don't - bringing in skilled employment is causing equally qualified locals to be over-looked.

I would have thought you would get this idea of the immigrants taking the jobs of the current population since Oz has such strict criteria to control it?

I wasn't using any knowledge.

I was using logic.

Looks like the deflationary spiral has finally started?

then again, TakeThat:

" Last night, 35 fans were embroiled in a fierce bidding war on eBay. With hours still to go on the auction for two standing tickets at Wembley, the price had reached [pounds sterling]999,999.

Another auction had received a bid of [pounds sterling]375,000, while dozens were offering tickets priced between [pounds sterling]20,000 and [pounds sterling]60,000."

Viva fail.

Slight difference between bringing in people to colonise a country and bringing in masses of foreign workers to suppress salaries or fill gaps where the locals won't do the work. :rolleyes:

As for the premiership, it becomes more like the WWF (or whatever they are calling themselves these days) business model of sports-themed entertainment each day. Why not bring a few more highly paid clowns in? After all most of the consumers, er I mean 'fans', have little idea of what constitutes real sport these days.

And it doesn't even work for on the Football level because Italy have been importing players for a good 30 years and still managed to win 2 world cups and get another appearance in the final.

As for watching England, I don't even bother watching them on the TV let alone spend half the night travelling on sub standard transport links to stand in the cold for 90 minutes.

I've visited Wembley several times to watch England play friendlies and its was pretty hassle free getting there and back. The whole experience was very pleasant I have to say.

Edited by Peter Hun

I would assume so, but £5 is better than nothing and it's probable that if you get in for £5 you might spend £20 on food and drink.

I very much doubt it.

Booze is banned at football matches and just how many pies and coke are you going to buy in 90 minutes?

tim

I very much doubt it.

Booze is banned at football matches and just how many pies and coke are you going to buy in 90 minutes?

tim

Hahaha. Pies cost £8 at Wembley and they will sell you as much booze as you can drink at £4.50 a pint as long as you drink it in the concourse

its a friendly, euro qualifiyers are a bit more important. maybe move to off topic??

How is this off topic? It is a good indication of people's disposable income and willingness to spend. I don't remember seeing many empty seats at Wembley until recently, and it can't all be down to England's poor form.

Edited by fellow