House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scott Sando

Meet Your Strawman!

The first link has a little problem, they cite Blacks Law Dictionary (US Legal definintions) whilst refering the to the UK.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black%27s_Law_Dictionary

Second link refers to US police in London Kentucky.

Hows this relevent to the UK although I feel your anger? :)

If you want to take a stand and make a point can I suggest you target some of the more symbolic establishments.

I'll list some examples.

Stand outside Buckingham Palace and blow yourself up next to one of the gates. It will go down in history.

Cause a major accident on the M25 that requires closing it in both directions during morning rush. Wont likely go down in history but the Govt consider this a major terrorist threat and a major impact on the economy.

Blow yourself up outside Parliment. You'll come closer to Guy Fawkes in this case and will go down in history.

Get yourself into a certain East London building where the bulk of the internet traffic passes through and take that out, now that would be major but would upset a number of HPC'ers addicted to their internet access. :P

If you are wondering why I'm suggesting blowing things up, well as we all know theres many numerous household liquids and other substances which are considered so dangerous limited amounts can only be taken onboard a plane for example. Either way if you are careful, visit a number of different chemists over a long protracted time period and purchase in small amounts so as to not draw attention to yourself, you can quickly amass the vital ingredients that can cause such explosions. You see where most terrorists fail, they are lazy and dont thinks things through properly so if you want to have an impact then I'd suggest being rather innovative. then you will get people talking and reconsidering their sheeple lifestyles for it is. ;)

If you disappear from HPC after that post, I will have to assume the authorities have taken you in for having bad thoughts.

The first link has a little problem, they cite Blacks Law Dictionary (US Legal definintions) whilst refering the to the UK.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black%27s_Law_Dictionary

Second link refers to US police in London Kentucky.

Hows this relevent to the UK although I feel your anger? :)

If you want to take a stand and make a point can I suggest you target some of the more symbolic establishments.

I'll list some examples.

Stand outside Buckingham Palace and blow yourself up next to one of the gates. It will go down in history.

Cause a major accident on the M25 that requires closing it in both directions during morning rush. Wont likely go down in history but the Govt consider this a major terrorist threat and a major impact on the economy.

Blow yourself up outside Parliment. You'll come closer to Guy Fawkes in this case and will go down in history.

Get yourself into a certain East London building where the bulk of the internet traffic passes through and take that out, now that would be major but would upset a number of HPC'ers addicted to their internet access. :P

If you are wondering why I'm suggesting blowing things up, well as we all know theres many numerous household liquids and other substances which are considered so dangerous limited amounts can only be taken onboard a plane for example. Either way if you are careful, visit a number of different chemists over a long protracted time period and purchase in small amounts so as to not draw attention to yourself, you can quickly amass the vital ingredients that can cause such explosions. You see where most terrorists fail, they are lazy and dont thinks things through properly so if you want to have an impact then I'd suggest being rather innovative. then you will get people talking and reconsidering their sheeple lifestyles for it is. ;)

THIS IS INCITEMENT TO MURDER AND YOU SHOULD BE ARRESTED UNDER THE COMMON LAW!

This is all US based so while entertaining doesn't help much here.

The fact that he got off a motoring offence may well have more to do with the police not knowing what to do with him than his legal standing.

There is a man called Fred Harrison that has done presentations on this subject in the UK, find him on youtube, that is a real eye opener.

The fact that he got off a motoring offence may well have more to do with the police not knowing what to do with him than his legal standing.

There is a man called Fred Harrison that has done presentations on this subject in the UK, find him on youtube, that is a real eye opener.

The top vid is made by tpuc.org , and its based in England

The top vid is made by tpuc.org , and its based in England

Apologies, it just looked so cheesy that I assumed it was a yank vid and didn't watch it.

I was wrong about the info I gave in my post too.

It is John Haris that gives the presentations

Apologies, it just looked so cheesy that I assumed it was a yank vid and didn't watch it.

No need to apologise, we all do it from time, to time. Cheers for the vid.

John Harris...."It's an Illusion"

2009 recorded for BBC5. Downloadable from the www thingy for free if you have the savvy.

Living on the edge and putting one's life on the line. Respect.

First thing that struck me about the second video was that we all have easy access cheap, high quality video and sound recorders - phones, cameras etc ... all courtesy of out-sourcing of manufacturing to China etc ... how ironic!

A kind of balance.

I carry a Sony-Ericsson phone with video capability plus a digital camera which can do the same but to higher quality, both are always charged up and ready to go. I now have no compunction about dragging one or the other out if fronted up by a so-called "authority" figure, in fact I look forward to their confusion and discomfort.

I think I've seen this video before. I've certainly seen this chap in some video or other before, so it may have been this one.

I'm am actually quite curious about this whole strawman thing, even if only from an academic point of view, and it would be quite nice to see someone deliver a talk on the subject that presents it all in a thorough and coherent way -- establishing each fact (assuming all this stuff is factual) step by step, and building up the whole picture in a way that seems solid and plausible.

Unfortunately, John Harris doesn't present all that well. His talk is a bit of a random walk around what appears to be a few bits of evidence of a somewhat circumstantial nature[1].

For example, is 'Members of Parliament' being listed as a corporation on Dunn and Bradstreet's website necessarily evidence of anything suspicious? I have no idea, but he mentions it as though it's patently obvious that it is somehow indicative of something or other.

I'm always a bit cautious about just going along with the 'patently obvious' -- as I say, I'd like to see it broken down a bit more into an irrefutable step-by-step argument that states precisely how and why, at each stage, each step supports subsequent steps. And if it really is meaningful, it shouldn't be too hard to spell out precisely why and in what way.

I appreciate that if I was REALLY interested in it, I should do my own legwork, but I definitely think John Harris would do his cause much benefit by at least giving people a talk that represents some kind of solid foundation for his assertions. He does, after all, have an uphill battle in trying to convince people that the world is substantially different than the one they've come to 'know' over the course of their whole lives.

[1] He also seems to have the habit of saying things like, "It's not law! Where does it say it's law? Can you see it?" Well, not on your projected slide I can't, John -- but I wouldn't be able to, would I?

I think I've seen this video before. I've certainly seen this chap in some video or other before, so it may have been this one.

I'm am actually quite curious about this whole strawman thing, even if only from an academic point of view, and it would be quite nice to see someone deliver a talk on the subject that presents it all in a thorough and coherent way -- establishing each fact (assuming all this stuff is factual) step by step, and building up the whole picture in a way that seems solid and plausible.

Unfortunately, John Harris doesn't present all that well. His talk is a bit of a random walk around what appears to be a few bits of evidence of a somewhat circumstantial nature[1].

For example, is 'Members of Parliament' being listed as a corporation on Dunn and Bradstreet's website necessarily evidence of anything suspicious? I have no idea, but he mentions it as though it's patently obvious that it is somehow indicative of something or other.

I'm always a bit cautious about just going along with the 'patently obvious' -- as I say, I'd like to see it broken down a bit more into an irrefutable step-by-step argument that states precisely how and why, at each stage, each step supports subsequent steps. And if it really is meaningful, it shouldn't be too hard to spell out precisely why and in what way.

I appreciate that if I was REALLY interested in it, I should do my own legwork, but I definitely think John Harris would do his cause much benefit by at least giving people a talk that represents some kind of solid foundation for his assertions. He does, after all, have an uphill battle in trying to convince people that the world is substantially different than the one they've come to 'know' over the course of their whole lives.

[1] He also seems to have the habit of saying things like, "It's not law! Where does it say it's law? Can you see it?" Well, not on your projected slide I can't, John -- but I wouldn't be able to, would I?

Right, I would recomend starting here My link This guy knows his apples, this is the foundations for building the rest of the knowledge on,

Why do these conspiraloons always refer to a private, credit referencing agency called Dun & Bradstreet as if it was the ultimate revealed "truth"?

Dun and Bradstreet have entries for every type of legal entity that there is that a business could trade with.

But these people make this bizarre conceptual leap sideways to assume that the inclusion of a local council, a police force, an MP, the UK government on its list is somehow "evidence" of a strange shadowy world where these mysterious "corporations" exist.

Why?

These people:

Wear tin foil hats

Watch the Matrix too much

Probably smoke cannabis a lot

Imagine that there is some over-arching conspiracy going on where everything and everyone around them is secretly owned by -- who? Lizards, probably!

They'll laugh as they smash you in the face with a baton and stamp on your phone.

Do traffic wardens have that kind of power :huh:

Check out Charlie Veitch on youtube, he's got it down to an art form

Why do these conspiraloons always refer to a private, credit referencing agency called Dun & Bradstreet as if it was the ultimate revealed "truth"?

Dun and Bradstreet have entries for every type of legal entity that there is that a business could trade with.

Arrrrghhhh! We want none of your logic here! ;)

This is a place of superstition and nonsense, where conclusions can be jumped to on the slimmest of evidence.

(I'll wager there are databases kicking around that categorise all sorts of organisations wrongly, because there was a limited choice of options, or the system design necessitates it).