House Price Crash Forum

How Ben Bernanke Sentenced The Poorest 20% Of The Population To A Cold, Hungry Winter

HOLA441

When economists instinctively blame anything other than the land market their solutions will always fall short because they're not addressing the key cause of instabilty.

Even without QE the poorest would have been having a cold, hungry winter, but the bankers would still have copped the blame.

Edited by Chef

HOLA442

When economists instinctively blame anything other than the land market their solutions will always fall short because they're not addressing the key cause of instabilty.

Even without QE the poorest would have been having a cold, hungry winter, but the bankers would still have copped the blame.

The key source of instability is the lack of a free market in money.

And even if we were to accept your point (which is guff, there is no land market) the bankers have still made the situation unneccassarily worse.

Fwiw bernanke and fellow travellers are almost certainly going to die if they keep this up. There are to many halfway intelligent, armed and soon to be very pissed off people in the US for it not to happen.

HOLA443

Yeah but this is a ZH article with a mainly US audience where land is being given away free according to a recent thread. The number on food stamps, the 26 year low in labor force participation, the increase in cost of the basics to keep yourself alive all point to a level of suffering not seen in a "rich" economy since the last depression.

It may only be the trailer trash who are suffering now, but who's next?

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

This just proves my point, blame anything other than the speculation in government granted licences (land rents).

Well done Injin, you're doing a fine job in letting the VI's off the hook.

I'm not letting the Vi's off the hook.

I am blaming two sets of people at once!

Imagine that!

Land system sucks. bankers make it worse. you aren't going to get your banskter mates off by pointing out a different set of criminals.

HOLA447

Warning language!

You got me really excited there that Wallstreetpro2 had made a new video. Oh well.

I love this guy trashing Bush, Obama, and all the financial criminals that have made up their administrations. As the owner of a few baseball bats from my playing days back in the States I can think of few things better than smashing up some Chinese made crap and images of the crooks that perpetuate the system.

HOLA448
HOLA449

The key source of instability is the lack of a free market in money.

And even if we were to accept your point (which is guff, there is no land market) the bankers have still made the situation unneccassarily worse.

Fwiw bernanke and fellow travellers are almost certainly going to die if they keep this up. There are to many halfway intelligent, armed and soon to be very pissed off people in the US for it not to happen.

Injin you have my vote.

And Goldman has Obama's.

HOLA4410

You got me really excited there that Wallstreetpro2 had made a new video. Oh well.

I love this guy trashing Bush, Obama, and all the financial criminals that have made up their administrations. As the owner of a few baseball bats from my playing days back in the States I can think of few things better than smashing up some Chinese made crap and images of the crooks that perpetuate the system.

Higly tuned performance (maybe there will be some more), takes a lot to welt the heck out of some hanging crap whilst reeling out stats and commentary, heck even if it is scripted he's a natural at delivery and syncing. :lol:

HOLA4411

coming to a country near us soemtime soon.benefits getting slammed,food and fuel going up but miraculously,the hosuing ponzi and banking bonuses stay courtesy of taxpayer funded ZIRP/QE.

I don't think that they can inflate fast enough to support nominal prices of things like housing. Especially since wage rises will lag the inflation. They can and will certainly send the cost of living through the roof (we can already see that starting to happen) which will likely make things 'worse' (i.e. better) for house prices.

Eventually when salaries start to rise appreciably it will add some support to house prices and once inflation is properly roaring away (salaries as well as prices) with interest rates pegged stupidly low, it will be silly not to get into some sort of debt (preferably fixed interest) to buy assets.

It's all a matter of timing. I'd give it about a 20% fall from current house price levels before the proverbial kitchen sink is ripped out and deployed in order to keep prices up. A return of MIRAS anyone? How about a UK version of FMAC?

HOLA4412