House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ccc

An Excellent Example Of Media Drivel

Landlords eager to scoop up property

:rolleyes:

"More than a quarter of buy-to-let investors are planning to buy more properties during the coming 12 months, while almost half think they will maintain their portfolios at their current size, according to LSL Property services"

As comment #3 points out. That leaves half who intend to remain the same, roughly a quarter who want to increase their 'portfolio', and roughly a quarter who want to decrease their 'portfolio'.

The article also points out that the vast majority of landlords trying to get a new mortgage found it more difficult than previously. Hence even those who want to buy more probably won't be able to.

In conclusion - the actual story is the complete opposite to the spin that has been put on it. Goebbels would be so proud.

Edited by ccc

I should be used to it by now but I still keep getting shocked when I see how the media attempts to manipulate us. Propaganda in the name of property. In the Evening Standard an article of a house price rise of a 30something percent in posh London areas in the next years - how on earth...?!?

Vote with your feet.....what will be the point of living in London if any extra you earn is put in someone elses pocket, things are changing fast, there is no need to live in a place that entraps you and offers you little.....London has a lot going for it, but only for some, many others would imo be better off and have a better quality of life and standard of living living somewhere else. ;)

Vote with your feet.....what will be the point of living in London if any extra you earn is put in someone elses pocket, things are changing fast, there is no need to live in a place that entraps you and offers you little.....London has a lot going for it, but only for some, many others would imo be better off and have a better quality of life and standard of living living somewhere else. ;)

London is a great place for people with money

For everyone else there is unaffordability.

London is a great place for people with money

For everyone else there is unaffordability.

...the ironic thing about it London needs the people without money to feed the people with money, both need each other. ;)

...the ironic thing about it London needs the people without money to feed the people with money, both need each other. ;)

Are you saying it's full of rich cannibals? I think I may cancel my trip there this week.

Are you saying it's full of rich cannibals? I think I may cancel my trip there this week.

Visitors are not affected but their cash helps feed a few more mouths. ;)