House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

juvenal

Labour's Woolas Barred For Three Years

He said he would fight the court’s decision but Labour immediately disowned him for “telling lies” and said it would not support his appeal.

They knew about his election pamphlets, if this court case had not taken place would they have disowned him, NO.

Mind you the other Parties are just as bad, would have done the same, it`s the old case you must not say it in public but if you want to say it, say it in private even if partly it could be the truth. ;)

It just goes to show what a muppet millpede is. He shouldn't have included him - let alone had him as shadow immigration minister ffs - until he'd been cleared.

It just goes to show they're all as slimey as ever and the same gang of monsters who dragged the country into this mess.

It just goes to show what a muppet millpede is. He shouldn't have included him - let alone had him as shadow immigration minister ffs - until he'd been cleared.

It just goes to show they're all as slimey as ever and the same gang of monsters who dragged the country into this mess.

Did he have any choice? I thought the Party elected its shadow cabinet, and the leader jolly well takes who he's given!

Did he have any choice? I thought the Party elected its shadow cabinet, and the leader jolly well takes who he's given!

My MP lost to the Tories by under 1000 votes.On the last weekend before polling day they put out a leaflet against him that was blatently untrue,centred on expenses.I have sent him a copy and suggested he takes the result to the electoral court.

Woolas mistake was not concentrating on just lying to the electorate like every other candidate.

BTW interesting to contrast this case with the situation in Norwich where Charles Clarke was defeated by the Liberal Democrat Simon Wright by just 300 votes in the 2010 election. The victorious candidate made great play of the fact that he signed the NUS Pledge to abolish tuition fees while Clarke said in conscience he could not renege on a policy he introduced as Education Secretary in government. Six months later and Wright is part of a coalition putting tuition fees through the roof. The poor benighted voters of Norwich naturally have no legal redress apart from waiting until the next election

http://www.southnorwichnews.co.uk/news/anger-taken-to-mps-doorstep/

http://www.simonwright.org.uk/news/000147/candidates_pledge_against_student_fees.html

(nb - though it would be interesting to know whether signing the NUS tuition fees pledge was a contract in law)

My MP lost to the Tories by under 1000 votes.On the last weekend before polling day they put out a leaflet against him that was blatently untrue,centred on expenses.I have sent him a copy and suggested he takes the result to the electoral court.

Who's the MP and can we see the leaflet anywhere on t'net?

Who's the MP and can we see the leaflet anywhere on t'net?

Majority was 769.I am not aware that it's on the net but several recipients of it remarked at the time that it was defamatory.

Proof positive that waste matter always flushes away.

Deputy leader Harriet Harman said it was "no part of Labour's politics to try to win elections by telling lies" and the party said it would not support any appeal.

Vomit.

harrietselfharman.jpg

Majority was 769.I am not aware that it's on the net but several recipients of it remarked at the time that it was defamatory.

It's not the fact that Woolas's leaflets told lies, it was the fact that he KNEW it was lies. He was immigration minister and was blatantly smearing his opponent knowing it was b***x.

Labour party refusing to fund an appeal so they know he's a dead duck. Banned from standing again too. Good.

Woolas didn't stand for election to the shadow cabinet. He was an appointment by Ed Miliband to the shadow ministerial team for the Home Office. Ed has no excuse.

BTW interesting to contrast this case with the situation in Norwich where Charles Clarke was defeated by the Liberal Democrat Simon Wright by just 300 votes in the 2010 election. The victorious candidate made great play of the fact that he signed the NUS Pledge to abolish tuition fees while Clarke said in conscience he could not renege on a policy he introduced as Education Secretary in government. Six months later and Wright is part of a coalition putting tuition fees through the roof. The poor benighted voters of Norwich naturally have no legal redress apart from waiting until the next election

Why, is he himself trying to up the tuition fees? It's a coalition, not a LibDem government. These LibDem supporters complaining about being betrayed because they're not getting every LibDem policy really get on my nerves.

Deputy leader Harriet Harman said it was "no part of Labour's politics to try to win elections by telling lies" and the party said it would not support any appeal.

It is every part of Labour's politics to try to win elections, full stop. At present (and as they tend to be in economic bad times), the public are particularly intolerant of such attempts involving the telling of lies, hence Harman's stance. If Labour were in office and Woolas still in the government, they most certainly would have supported his appeal, plus whatever else it took to keep him in situ.

Why, is he himself trying to up the tuition fees? It's a coalition, not a LibDem government. These LibDem supporters complaining about being betrayed because they're not getting every LibDem policy really get on my nerves.

+1 they seem to forget that no party actually won the election

One of the news reports yesterday on tv had interviews with some people called the Muslim Public Affairs Committee in relation to this Phil Woolas thing. I got the impression they were some kind of respectable lobby group who the government consults. But check them out. These guys are nutters. Everybody is a Zionist to them. Jewish conspiracy lies around every corner and poor old Phil Woolas is a Zionist islamophobe. If nutters like this are given general respectability then this country has had it. The only consolation to this is that they are targeting the idiots who encouraged them in the first place and hopefully Labour will implode. But in comparison to the direction this is all now heading in this is almost no consolation at all.

http://www.mpacuk.org/