House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
beccles

Btlers Campaign For Easier Evictions And Property Access

BTLers campaign for easier evictions and property access.

http://www.residentiallandlord.co.uk/news2507.html

Simon Murphy, a partner at Mace & Jones’ Dispute Resolution department, said: “There must be faster court action to protect the rights of landlords and I fully agree with the Rebalancing the Law campaign.

“This has been backed by the Residential Landlords Association and there is a strong feeling that now is the time to stand up for the rights of landlords.”

Murphy added: “The eviction process through courts can be painfully drawn out and owners are often left feeling as if they are fighting a losing battle on their own.

“Private landlords need to be aware of the potential issues they face when bringing in new tenants in order to prepare for the worst.

“The law needs to give landlords greater rights of access. Under current law it is illegal for a landlord to enter a property without permission of the tenant; however, there should be a caveat in the case of problem tenants which gives landlords more rights in these cases.”

Wa*kers.

So now landlords want a law akin to the terrorist stop and search laws implemented by the previous government.

The people providing this "social" service really need to re-assess their priorities.

If you ever had the misfortune to get some drug dealer peice of shit into a house you owned , then you would too.

Don't invite a landlord into your house in the first place

Signed it myself. If you ever had the misfortune to get some drug dealer peice of shit into a house you owned , then you would too.

Did they just walk in, didn't you call the police, why sign a piece of paper because some "drug dealer piece of shit" walked into your house uninvited, I'd have called the police, that may have been more effective.

Wa*kers.

So now landlords want a law akin to the terrorist stop and search laws implemented by the previous government.

The people providing this "social" service really need to re-assess their priorities.

They already have powers of regular inspection

A bit like living in North Korea

They already have powers of regular inspection

A bit like living in North Korea

Yes, but that is with mutual agreement.

I've never been to North Korea so couldn't comment.

Yes, but that is with mutual agreement.

As the landowner has something that can only be replaced by submitting to the demands of another landowner instead, not really.

That's a bit like saying taxes are consensual because people can always go away

Did they just walk in, didn't you call the police, why sign a piece of paper because some "drug dealer piece of shit" walked into your house uninvited, I'd have called the police, that may have been more effective.

It was let through a good agent. Nice young lady came and looked. I met her. Decent references. Then scum boyfriend moved in too. No more rent. Youths running drugs. Frightened neighbours etc. Turned out they had been doing it for years. Left cats to shit everywhere and drug traces and a load of rubbish. His car had no tax insurance nothing, not even a driving licence. Police stopped him , but didnt even take his car. When i called them later when the bailiffs went round, they told me to clean up the white powder.Utility companies coudnt even disconnect anything, even though he owed them for many previous properties. Heard later he changed his name again.

Their chocolate egg might not have any smarties in it! :huh:

Police didnt do a thing. His car was totally illegal too. Police said he was one of many like it. Advised me to forget it. Odd thing was that after he had been evicted he left all kinds of paperwork concerning his past history. Detectives came to see me later about their activities on EBAY.

It was let through a good agent. Nice young lady came and looked. I met her. Decent references. Then scum boyfriend moved in too. No more rent. Youths running drugs. Frightened neighbours etc. Turned out they had been doing it for years. Left cats to shit everywhere and drug traces and a load of rubbish. His car had no tax insurance nothing, not even a driving licence. Police stopped him , but didnt even take his car. When i called them later when the bailiffs went round, they told me to clean up the white powder.Utility companies coudnt even disconnect anything, even though he owed them for many previous properties. Heard later he changed his name again.

a victim of crime.

do you think a court order is going to help?

As the landowner has something that can only be replaced by submitting to the demands of another landowner instead, not really.

That's a bit like saying taxes are consensual because people can always go away

From the article

“The law needs to give landlords greater rights of access. Under current law it is illegal for a landlord to enter a property without permission of the tenant; however, there should be a caveat in the case of problem tenants which gives landlords more rights in these cases.”

The FACT is that my landlord cannot enter their house, MY HOME, legally without my consent or a court order.

Personally I'm all for an increase in interest rates followed by legislation that allows banks to repossess BTL properties which can then be sold at auction for pennies on the pound..................we need to get rid of a government that subsidises parasite landlords.

a victim of crime.

do you think a court order is going to help?

it wasnt a crime. it was a few years ago anyway. i got a court order and cost, but they went the day of the hearing to another rented house. for me it was an eye opener. costs arnt any good against that type of person. point is there needs to be a way to get that type out quickly, for everybodies benifit, especially the 70 year old next door. and the police are no use at all, because its all in the system. annoying thing was they stopped him in his car with nothing legal about him, and let him drive away.

The FACT is that my landlord cannot enter their house, MY HOME, legally without my consent or a court order.

I think you will find they do have the right to conduct inspections and they don't need a court order they just need to give you notice

Police didnt do a thing. His car was totally illegal too. Police said he was one of many like it. Advised me to forget it. Odd thing was that after he had been evicted he left all kinds of paperwork concerning his past history. Detectives came to see me later about their activities on EBAY.

So, instead of getting the police to do their job, you decide to demand militia-style rights to 'sort it our yourself'...

Given that the cops aren't lifting a finger, how will adding more laws and rights help you?

And will they come to rescue you if your DIY eviction/debt collection goes wrong?

Edited by Cinnamon

Personally I'm all for an increase in interest rates followed by legislation that allows banks to repossess BTL properties which can then be sold at auction for pennies on the pound..................we need to get rid of a government that subsidises parasite landlords.

smac 67 is that an irony.

What a load of cr*p. You already have the courts to go to. 'live in hope' the courts did help you since you said the bailiffs got them out in the end. What this and you are talking about is tantamount to circumventing due process. It's nothing short of a lynch mob.

Read the article and full and you will see ...

"Murphy continued that court cases can be held up for months if landlords make administration mistakes in completing a Section 21 possession order. "

"If there is a mistake, tenants can remain in a property without paying rent until the landlord serves a valid notice.

This can result in months worth of delays, which can be costly for landlords.”

Too f*cking right it should. If you are agreeing with this you need your head seeing to. What next, why bother with court cases for anything? Just string em up before a fair hearing. Your nuts.

So, instead of getting the police to do their job, you decide to demand militia-style rights to 'sort it our yourself'...

Given that the cops aren't lifting a finger, how will adding more laws and rights help you?

And will they come to rescue you if your DIY eviction/debt collection goes wrong?

The police didnt do any job that i know of concerning running drugs and illegal driving. But thats another matter. It was obvious to many people what was happening, and a quick means of eviction would have been helpful , not only to me, but to the neighbours too. Nine months is too long, especially if it happens next door to you. I am in favour of a spedded up process in this situation.

smac 67 is that an irony.

It is certainly an ironic situation where someone whose "investment" is being openly prevented from defaulting is complaining that the same government won't "help them" when a tenant defaults! Oh the irony, you would be out on your ear if it wasn't for our thoroughly corrupt government protecting asset prices through financial malfeasance. Of course, only "landlords" have "rights" and rules should definitely only ever apply for their benefit. Does the rentier class ever change?

And where did you get the impression it was DIY. It was a ligitimate court case with bailiffs to follow.

What a load of cr*p. You already have the courts to go to. 'live in hope' the courts did help you since you said the bailiffs got them out in the end. What this and you are talking about is tantamount to circumventing due process. It's nothing short of a lynch mob.

Read the article and full and you will see ...

"Murphy continued that court cases can be held up for months if landlords make administration mistakes in completing a Section 21 possession order. "

"If there is a mistake, tenants can remain in a property without paying rent until the landlord serves a valid notice.

This can result in months worth of delays, which can be costly for landlords.”

Too f*cking right it should. If you are agreeing with this you need your head seeing to. What next, why bother with court cases for anything? Just string em up before a fair hearing. Your nuts.

Not crap if its next door to your house mate. I take it you have been in the situation of this happening next door then , and it dosnt bother you. Maybe once i might have agreed with you, but in the real world there needs to be a way to get scum like them out much faster.

And where did you get the impression it was DIY. It was a ligitimate court case with bailiffs to follow.

Then I'm not sure why you want the right to enter the property at your will without the tenants permission. Sounds like a recipe for trouble to me.