House Price Crash Forum

Long Term Unemployment Doubles In 2 Years

HOLA441

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/long-term-jobless-could-scupper-coalition-back-to-work-plan-warns-think-tank-ippr-tele-5eca83893189.html?x=0

Long-term jobless could scupper Coalition 'back to work' plan, warns think tank IPPR

Louisa "Weezy" Peacock, 14:13, Friday 5 November 2010

The growth in long-term unemployment in Britain threatens to undermine the Government's £3bn scheme to get people off benefits and back to work, the Institute for Public Policy Research (IPPR) has warned.

A new analysis by the leading think tank has cast doubt over the effectiveness of the coalition's flagship employment scheme by warning "there simply aren't enough jobs out there" to get the jobless back to work.

The number of people unemployed for a year or more has doubled to 797,000 in the last two years, the study revealed, while the number of job vacancies has fallen to 467,000 creating a "jobs deficit" of 330,000 which is likely to persist until the end of next year, the IPPR said.

HOLA442
HOLA443

We're between a rock and a hard place, less jobs, people having to work longer. Heaven knows whats going to happen when the universities start to charge full whack.

Reform of our economic and monetary system. They are the only reasons we are trying to force people to do work that doesnt need to be done nor in fact exists. Our system is in essence saying 'we dont need your economic output so we dont want you to work nor will we give you work, but you still must work'.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Reform of our economic and monetary system. They are the only reasons we are trying to force people to do work that doesnt need to be done nor in fact exists. Our system is in essence saying 'we dont need your economic output so we dont want you to work nor will we give you work, but you still must work'.

Bang on

It's 30 years since the working week was cut by an hour , so 30 years of outsourcing, technology destroying jobs and 30 years of many households needing two jobs to keep afloat, yet no more cut's in the working week.

We have to wake up to the fact that there is not enough work for every adult to work full time , and find a solution untill then we will see more unemployment and sound bites form people like Ian Duncan Smith, but nothing constructive to deal with the unemployment situation.

HOLA448

So what's the answer? Compulsory euthanasia?

That could be part of it. Part could also have been been stopping immigration, stopping paying for non-workers to breed. But since the government has done the exact opposite, why should I care how they get enough money to live?

There will be a breaking point of course, where the working people can no longer stand having any more money stolen from them to pay for the non-workers.

We have to wake up to the fact that there is not enough work for every adult to work full time

We have to wake up to the fact we dont need this many people.

HOLA449

That could be part of it. Part could also have been been stopping immigration, stopping paying for non-workers to breed. But since the government has done the exact opposite, why should I care how they get enough money to live?

There will be a breaking point of course, where the working people can no longer stand having any more money stolen from them to pay for the non-workers.

Wrong. We do need them, we need their consumption, we just dont need their economic production.

HOLA4410

...some people are not even working, they are just going through the motions...we all require a purpose and to have something to do, so not all in vain. ;)

HOLA4411

I would not say that about people , people are here they are born and all have a right to be here.

However if that is your opinion why not take that a step further and dispense with yourself.

HOLA4412

I would not say that about people , people are here they are born and all have a right to be here.

However if that is your opinion why not take that a step further and dispense with yourself.

People do have rights. No one has a right to do what they want paid for by others.

Why would I dispense with myself, im in the top 1% of earners. I'll probably just leave and let this country become another India. What will you do? Make pithy statements on forums probably.

HOLA4413

Bang on

It's 30 years since the working week was cut by an hour , so 30 years of outsourcing, technology destroying jobs and 30 years of many households needing two jobs to keep afloat, yet no more cut's in the working week.

We have to wake up to the fact that there is not enough work for every adult to work full time , and find a solution untill then we will see more unemployment and sound bites form people like Ian Duncan Smith, but nothing constructive to deal with the unemployment situation.

Every now and then something of real value pops up on this forum.

IMPO, grammar and spelling aside..this is one such occasion.

Edited by Flatdog

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

People do have rights. No one has a right to do what they want paid for by others.

Why would I dispense with myself, im in the top 1% of earners. I'll probably just leave and let this country become another India. What will you do? Make pithy statements on forums probably.

Who said that the masses of people that have recently been made unemployed chose that and being unemployed is what they want.

Why would you dispense with yourself ? Because you said we had to many people and it would be a way of addressing that situation. Take the lead , step up to the mark , do as you say .

Your in the top 1% of earners !! bet your not pure fantasy !!

Those in the top 1% are to busy earning to worrie about who knicked the biscuits at work lol .

You will probably leave , go on then go , What will I do ? well i can stay what ever happens as i have a job and own outright so house price crash won't bother me , that brings me on to something else if you earn so much money why have you never bought a house ? Surley if they drop in value , you with so much earning power would not be botherd either way what they did. How long have you been in the top 1% of earners and how long you been renting ?

As for the pithy statements , the statements you make on here must put you in the lead for the most obnoxious poster on this site .

HOLA4417

This is what is known as a "non-sequitur".

I believe that we share an age group Mr Monk, I can draw a parallel having been recently replaced by a youngster prepared to work for considerably less pay.

Thing is that he lives with his parents, has no responsibilities, but given youthful charm and willingness to communicate 'online' he is a way better deal.

Strange old world hey.

HOLA4418