House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

profitofdoom

Oldham East & Saddleworth

Well what a result for us politicos. Of all the seats to re-run this one will probably be the best guide as to how the political wind is blowing. 14,000 ish for both Labour and LD's 11,000 + for Dave's lot.

My forecast Lib Dems a poor 3rd.Labour 3000+ majority.

Stop Press: Kellner "It would be a fool who would predict the outcome" :lol:

Well what a result for us politicos. Of all the seats to re-run this one will probably be the best guide as to how the political wind is blowing. 14,000 ish for both Labour and LD's 11,000 + for Dave's lot.

My forecast Lib Dems a poor 3rd.Labour 3000+ majority.

Stop Press: Kellner "It would be a fool who would predict the outcome" :lol:

Since Clegg and Vince appear to have turned a reasonable showing at the GE into -17% now (or something) you'd think the Libs wouldn't want to repeat their mistake twice. When you throw in the fact that Dave 'we're all in this together' is slashing services 80% to raising taxes 20% it would be difficult to imagine this would increase the Tory vote in a place like Oldham. That really only leaves an increased majority for Labour. Clearly, I'm a fool.

One of the few constituencies where in the polling station they are given a rubber stamp with an X on it. Apparantly, only 1 in 10 knows how to hold a pen.

That maybe so,Bolton old bean,but I bet they are quite handy with the RPG's after all those educational holidays.