House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

'i Wish I Hadn't Wasted So Much Money On Surgery': Heidi Montag And Spencer Pratt Face Bankruptcy After Blowing $10M

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1326840/Heidi-Montag-Spencer-Pratt-consider-bankruptcy-blowing-10m.html

Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt have revealed they are considering filing for bankruptcy after blowing their $10million fortune.

The reality TV couple, who splurged on crystals, luxury cars, Heidi's plastic surgery and failed pop album, say they owe close to $2 million in taxes.

The former stars of The Hills claim have moved into a guesthouse at Pratt’s parents’ home after struggling to pay the rent on their $35,000-a-month Malibu mansion.

And the pair have finally admitted that their divorce was sham - as many had long suspected.

The pneumatic blonde says she regrets her costly decision to undergo 10 plastic surgery procedures.

'I spent thousands on the procedures and after-care,' she says. 'I had private nurses coming twice a day for two months for treatments and bandage chances. Each time they came it cost $2000.

'I wish I didn't waste so much money on it.'

The pair say they expected their fame would carry on for years and were completely unprepared when MTV decided to cancel The Hills.

Pratt concedes: 'We were immature, worrying too much about the famous part instead of the actual business part.

'In hindsight, we shouldn't have spent any of our money. We should have been low-key and saved.

'We did this to ourselves and feel like idiots.'

Perhaps they could do a new reality show about living in flood tunnels in Vegas?

An inspiration to us all....

I'm sure talented people like this will bounce back...

From the comments section:

Surely if you can afford to pay $35,000 a month on RENTING a property you should be able to buy one??? That is one way they were careless with their money! Renting's dead money as it is to spend that much is just ridiculous.

They deserve it! Heidi should have never got all that surgery!

Hollywood always finds a role for attractive former models and actresses who can no longer get work on TV or in Film.

In fact, it does the same for male actors who are pretty but whose career are on a downward path - they just go downward in a different way.

:unsure:

******ing idiots.

When I get paid, I put the VAT into another account and 21% into another account for corp tax and so on. Then I send it off to the ***** at the revenue.

These people are meant to be able to afford accountants.

That requires an ability to think beyond "Ooh, here's some money right in front of me that I can spend right now." Such people would probably start out on a journey at sunset and wonder why it's turned all dark and they can't see where they're going. But as I said, at least they realise how stupid they were. Plenty don't.

(oh, first time I've heard of them too).

******ing idiots.

When I get paid, I put the VAT into another account and 21% into another account for corp tax and so on. Then I send it off to the ***** at the revenue.

Best business advice I've heard on HPC! ;)