House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Authoritarian

Norman Tebbit Takes On Hpc

How nice it would be if UK_Debt_Slave and Geyza were right and we could simply make ourselves rich by printing lots more money. Neither the experience of the Weimar Republic nor that of Mr Mugabe gives much hope of that. So Welsh Rabbit’s criticism of Osborne on the grounds that he read modern history rather than economics may not be be that relevant. He would have learned about the fate of Germany in the 1920s.

My link

On the other hand Wolfiesmith sorted out UK.Debt.Slave for me. Oh that it was as easy as he says. What a pity that no Chancellor has ever found it so. What a simple job that would be if only we could print all the money we liked, pay no interest, have no need to repay it and no inflationary consequences. Not to mention lollipops twice a day. All right, I am not taking it seriously… But nor are many other people.

My link

At the end of each new blog he addresses the responses from the previous one, it appears our very own UKDS has caught his eye.

Guest UK Debt Slave

My link

My link

At the end of each new blog he addresses the responses from the previous one, it appears our very own UKDS has caught his eye.

[/quote.]

Wow! Is it really 2 years since I posted on HPC?

It might shock Tebbit (and womens hour) but kids have had to endure womens history since at least I was in primary school (the late 80s). We had to do a bloody emily pankhurst re-enactment and everything. Thankfully I have ended up as chauvinistic and mysoginistic as my dad and grandad, so i wouldnt worry about too many effigies of phallus'es being set alight in town squares by hoardes of brainwashed state school fodder.

Want to solidify womens rights? the biggest thing they can do is stop bending over backwards for Islam.

As for the money printing thing, as various video makers have commentated, unbacked Continentals in the US were devalued to nothing, yet unbacked colonial scrip was not. Its not a panacea, it needs honest supervision. But debt backed currency on the other hand always eventually fails.

A 100% gold backed currency is the only money system that cannot be destroyed, but thats not really politically feasible nowadays.

A 100% gold backed currency is the only money system that cannot be destroyed, but thats not really politically feasible nowadays.

i wonder about that. What inherent value does gold have, and how does it relate to wealth in terms of production of goods and services.

Gold is nice and shiny, and fairly inert chemically so it is durable. But the supply of gold is not fixed. I believe that half of the gold around was produced in the 20th century. One could argue that mining gold is like printing money. And similarly, does not create wealth.