House Price Crash Forum
THE MONKEY

Goodybe To All The Lovely People On This Site

Finally, the Monkey will make his last ever post on this site.

Finally, .....

I am speaking in the first person.

I am the man behind the Monkey character. Although I still believe that house prices will fall, personal circumstances and the fact that my wife and I have saved a sizeable deposit by never going out or spending any money for 3 years means that for us, now is the right time to buy a house. It might not be the best time financially but it is the best time for us.

Over the 2 years of posting and (6 months of moderating) on this site I have realised that although there are quite a few psychos on this site, there are also a lot of nice people on this site, people like the Webmaster, Bubble Pricker, Adam Bear, Charlie the Tramp, Wrongmove, Bullish Bear, Libitina, Gal Bear and many, many more. I know there are many people I haven't mentioned but rest assured I have enjoyed your posts and learned a lot about the housing market and finance in general.

Although many people have been annoyed by the Monkey character over the last 2 years, I would like to think that he also entertained a lot of people.

As you all know, I am a big fan of American wrestling. The greatest wrestler of all time, Ric Flair, said that to be a great wrestler, you had to be able to play both a "face" (wrestling good guy) and "heel" (wrestling bad guy). I therefore thought it would be funny that for my last ever thread, I would bring the Monkey back as an evil homeowner to see people's reactions. I even wrote to the moderators first, telling them that I would do this, that I would post on that one thread only and that they should remove my moderator status.

I am glad that many of you found my "retirement" thread funny but unbelievably, many people took it seriously and became very angry. I assume it is for this reason that the thread has been deleted.

I am quite sad about this as I wanted the Monkey to go out in a blaze of glory, instead of this damp squib.

I would hope that the thread has been made invisible rather than deleted and that if so, it could be returned and left somewhere for posperity. However, if it has been deleted, then never mind.

Anyway, all the best. I must confess that I have no great sympathy for STRs although they seem like nice people. But I do hope that all you first-time buyers priced out of the market manage to buy a house at a price affordable to you. if that means that the price of my new house has to fall substantially, then so be it.

Once again, goodbye to all the nice people on this site.

The Monkey has left the building.

Now do you smell what the Monkey was cooking?

Do_You_Smell_What_the_Monkey_is_Cooking.mp3

Do_You_Smell_What_the_Monkey_is_Cooking.mp3

Edited by THE MONKEY

Finally, the Monkey will make his last ever post on this site.

Finally, .....

I am speaking in the first person.

I am the man behind the Monkey character. Although I still believe that house prices will fall, personal circumstances and the fact that my wife and I have saved a sizeable deposit by never going out or spending any money for 3 years means that for us, now is the right time to buy a house. It might not be the best time financially but it is the best time for us.

Over the 2 years of posting and (6 months of moderating) on this site I have realised that although there are quite a few psychos on this site, there are also a lot of nice people on this site, people like the Webmaster, Bubble Pricker, Charlie the Tramp, Wrongmove, Bullish Bear, Libitina, Gal Bear and many, many more. I know there are many people I haven't mentioned but rest assured I have enjoyed your posts and learned a lot about the housing market and finance in general.

Although many people have been annoyed by the Monkey character over the last 2 years, I would like to think that he also entertained a lot of people.

As you all know, I am a big fan of American wrestling. The greatest wrestler of all time, Ric Flair, said that to be a great wrestler, you had to be able to play both a "face" (wrestling good guy) and "heel" (wrestling bad guy). I therefore thought it would be funny that for my last ever thread, I would bring the Monkey back as an evil homeowner to see people's reactions.  I even wrote to the moderators first, telling them that I would do this, that I would post on that one thread only and that they should remove my moderator status.

I am glad that many of you found my "retirement" thread funny but unbelievably, many people took it seriously and became very angry. I assume it is for this reason that the thread has been deleted.

I am quite sad about this as I wanted the Monkey to go out in a blaze of glory, instead of this damp squib.

I would hope that the thread has been made invisible rather than deleted and that if so, it could be returned and left somewhere for posperity. However, if it has been deleted, then never mind.

Anyway, all the best. I must confess that I have no great sympathy for STRs although they seem like nice people. But I do hope that all you first-time buyers priced out of the market manage to buy a house at a price affordable to you. if that means that the price of my new house has to fall substantially, then so be it.

Once again, goodbye to all the nice people on this site.

Now do you smell what the Monkey was cooking?

No I can't smell it, because it often induced a coma.

Good byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

thats no reason not to keep posting - though i suppose a crash is now not for you...though it wont make any diff to your bliss. i hope things go well. ive liked some of the posts. the last one was depressing. keep posting the funny stuff.

I must confess that I have no great sympathy for STRs although they seem like nice people

cheers Monkeyb0llox, but we don' t need any sympathy ! Everything's going to plan....... :)

hope you managed to negociate a BIG discount on yer new place....

good luck

B*gger. Who'll be my role model, now that my role model has gone?

Andrew McP

PS I came late to the party, but thanks for the laughs. And good luck beating down the purchase price with your strudel.

Monkey

Your last post was better than a Brass Eye satire, and a truly original send off. Although i cannot eat apfel strudl in Germany without wincing now, good luck for your next move (so to speak).

Cheers Monkey. I for one enjoyed your posts and took them with a large pinch of salt. Your departure was the funniest thread I've seen on here.

Some of the more uptight posters have broken their poker face, and boy is it scary.

Why go? You can still keep us entertained with your funny posts.

Good luck to you and the missus in your new home. Are you going to have a housewarming party and invite us all?! ;):lol:

well, what a shame you'll not be posting anymore. I thought the thread was very funny. Maybe it got out of hand after I last looked.

Enjoy your new house. :)

Some of the more uptight posters have broken their poker face, and boy is it scary.

Among other things I assume you're referring to my calling the monkey a '******ing ar$ehole'. Unfortunately the irony of the thread went several feet over my head. I'm sure a lot of other people didn't get the joke either, and I'm glad it was a wind-up.

Thanks to everyone for their kind words.

It sounds like there is a chance that my retirement thread will return, so I may be able to make a few more posts as the Evil Monkey.

With regards my new house, it is a newbuild, it really is in one of Phil and Kirsty's top 10 places to live in the UK, I managed to knock 10k off the asking price, and we've fixed the mortgage for 5 years, so I'm reasonably happy.

With regards posting again, I don't feel that I've ever contributed anything intellectual to this site but rather tried to rally people into action or provide some entertainment.

I feel that now I am a homeowner, the Monkey can no longer be the People's Champion wanting a house price crash and that at the same time, the new Evil Monkey has a limited shelf life and I would only want to limit his posts to one thread.

It just feels like it is the right time to go.

Once again, thanks for your kind words and hopefully the Evil Monkey will return for a few more posts. Don't get too angry!

Guest Bart of Darkness

Farewell to The Monkey.

Spare a thought for us poor jabronis now and again.

Your wise words will be missed.

May your mighty strudel begat many little Monkeys in the years to come.

The Great One has left the building.

:(