House Price Crash Forum

Best B B C Breakfast Show Ever!

muggle

HOLA441

BBC News staff stage 48-hour strike over pension reform

...The journalists' union says it expects most BBC radio and TV news programmes will either not go out or be severely disrupted.

It says many well-known presenters will not turn up for work, nor will many reporters and producers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-11696026

No spin, just news.

More stikes please!

:lol:

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

I rather enjoy it!

RBS loss, MGM bankcrupcy.

Go Gavin, you're a great anchor man!

Ha remember 250,000 civil servants going on strike not so long ago - we never really noticed!

I thought it was better too - in fact I sent a comment to the BBC congratulating them on the new format. ;)

HOLA447
HOLA448

I rather enjoy it!

RBS loss, MGM bankcrupcy.

Go Gavin, you're a great anchor man!

Ha remember 250,000 civil servants going on strike not so long ago - we never really noticed!

Pah! I noticed :D .... the road were so much quieter on the way to work :D

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Yes I caught a very interesting programme on migrating waders on the Wash on Radio 4 this morning.

I thought it was about more bl*ody immigrants. lol

And when it went on about those migrants being bottom feeders - I thought blo*dy hell we have millions of unemployed, why on earth won't they do these dirty jobs?

I listened to that too :) Was quite interesting

HOLA4412

Presenters going on strike is incredibly risky.

If the stand-ins can hold things together and produce a convincing performance, the presenters have just made a case for their own dismissal.

Going on strike only works if no-one else is skilled/qualified to do your jobs.

When you job is to be a stuffed shirt, striking isn't going to end well.

For example, if Jonathan Woss went on strike, any of the regulars from mock the week could fill in for him.

HOLA4413

I'm nearly speechless - what will i do without the 24 hour a day, half hourly sports bulletins, one of which lasts ten minutes? Is somebody going to be keeping track of Wayne Rooney for me? What do i do now i want somebody to talk to me repetitively about sport and it’s 2am?? Am I supposed to do something else now just because they are on strike? Where would i be in the mornings without the comforting, mumsy feel of BBC breakfast, their daily bulletins keeping me up to date with strictly come dancing and the regular, 15 minute long interviews with 9-year-old children. This is a disaster

HOLA4414

Presenters going on strike is incredibly risky.

If the stand-ins can hold things together and produce a convincing performance, the presenters have just made a case for their own dismissal.

Going on strike only works if no-one else is skilled/qualified to do your jobs.

When you job is to be a stuffed shirt, striking isn't going to end well.

For example, if Jonathan Woss went on strike, any of the regulars from mock the week could fill in for him.

Cameron appears to be playing them like a flute - having worked as a director of Carlton Comms, he knows full well the ins and outs, and precisely what you say here, I suspect.

'delicious'

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

It was probably taped but caught Stuart Hall on 5Live early this morning. Very moving, one of the survivors talking about the Munich air disaster 1958. Segments from past interviews he's done.

Stuart Hall is a class act.

Agree; so much better than having to listen to that overpaid, preening, Liebour apologist Dame Nicki Campbell.

Well done BBC.........! Your best days coverage since you transferred to becoming the troughing media wing of Labour a couple of decades or so ago.

HOLA4418

You think this is funny, wait until after today and London people have lost all sympathy for firemen, and they realise that they've played the biggest card they ever had and it didn't work.

I've never seen anyone blow an industrial relations conflict so badly, so quickly, as the fireman have.

HOLA4419

Yes, more of that sort of thing on the way to work please!

Do you think the dubbing down of news with celeb shit happened beofre the brain melt that makes people want to suck up celebrity news?

Or is it chicken and egg ... or maybe boiled frog...

HOLA4420

You think this is funny, wait until after today and London people have lost all sympathy for firemen, and they realise that they've played the biggest card they ever had and it didn't work.

I've never seen anyone blow an industrial relations conflict so badly, so quickly, as the fireman have.

Hmm, not exactly the same thing though, is it? You only miss the firemen when your trapped on the 2nd floor with the flames licking round your ankles!

Haven't missed the BBC cut 'n' paste journo's at all....

HOLA4421

I thought I heard on the news that the firemen had called off the strike for today.

HOLA4422

I thought I heard on the news that the firemen had called off the strike for today.

Oh right - they hadn't when I last heard yesterday but maybe someone tipped them off that it was the PR disaster of the year.

Anyway, they're screwed as nobody has much time for someone striking for the right to sleep through their shift.

HOLA4423

The firemen never really recoverd from their last strike. I recall that they were replaced by a third as many 16 and 17 year olds manning the Green Goddesses. They did a good job then.

Mind you, these kids did point out the biggest problem that faced them with only a third of the number of the full fire service. Boredom.

Yes, we employ 4 times the firemen we need, and they get over the odds pay and massively undeserved pensions that they normally claim well before the age of 65.

Cameron missed a chance to sack them. Lets hope these journos are looking for new work on Monday.

HOLA4424

Emma Crosby on News 24 hasn`t stopped smiling for 3 hours - she ROCKS!

compare / contrast with the grumpy huffamouse that is Carrie Gracie,

this dispute reminds me of the last days of the old GLC. , lots of self important people who thought that they were indispensible but in reality weren`t and weren`t missed either

HOLA4425

Emma Crosby on News 24 hasn`t stopped smiling for 3 hours - she ROCKS!

compare / contrast with the grumpy huffamouse that is Carrie Gracie,

Carrie Gracie is a news casting genius beside the pair of near cretins that precede her on bbc breakfast

Archived