House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
OnlyMe

Commodities Market Up 2% Today

QE2 was announced one day ago and already it's causing inflation! Global inflation that will effect the UK.

No QE for us we are sacrificed to save the US.

QE2 was announced one day ago and already it's causing inflation! Global inflation that will effect the UK.

Gold got to $1392 at one point, it's testing $1400.  Every time I see it rise close to another $100 mark I expect it to drop down, and bounce around for an extended period, but generally speaking I've been wrong and it has gone through the mark much quicker than expected.

Edited by Mikhail Liebenstein

cost push inflation...we are not saving the US, we are witnessing the Zimbabweizeration of the US.

Expect US refugees in the 2013 timeframe.

cost push inflation...we are not saving the US, we are witnessing the Zimbabweizeration of the US.

Expect US refugees in the 2013 timeframe.

Im starting to think the time and sentiment is just about right to at last switch to full on bear status

Edited by Tamara De Lempicka

Im starting to think the time and sentiment is just about right to at last switch to full on bear status

nononono!

My Bull and you Neutral is just starting to have an effect...

unless, you mean its when the last bull turns bear.....

Edited by Bloo Loo

I get the feeling the tide is turning. After decades of stagnant M0 money supply.. finally western economies are getting some more high powered M0 money. Before QE all we got was more debt backed money, which really is a different game. Not only does all that other stuff have to be paid back, but also interest on top of it. So naturally velocity slows down.

M0 can go from producer to producer freely. Its sort of like water coming to a parched land. All of a sudden life springs up.

I get the feeling the tide is turning. After decades of stagnant M0 money supply.. finally western economies are getting some more high powered M0 money. Before QE all we got was more debt backed money, which really is a different game. Not only does all that other stuff have to be paid back, but also interest on top of it. So naturally velocity slows down.

M0 can go from producer to producer freely. Its sort of like water coming to a parched land. All of a sudden life springs up.

scuse me?

which "Producers are getting the M0?

oh yeah!...NONE AT ALL>

they get it when everything costs more.

still no extra wealth created, just less jobs, and higher unemployment.

nononono!

My Bull and you Neutral is just starting to have an effect...

unless, you mean its when the last bull turns bear.....

Well the upside targets are pretty much in place across the board FTSE 5900, DOW 10600( near enough), Gold 1350, dollar sentiment extremely negative, i just get the feeling reading on here certainty and sentiment of rising asset prices is pretty much as extreme as it was in 07 (although the reasons for it are clearly completely different, the sentiment is not)

scuse me?

which "Producers are getting the M0?

oh yeah!...NONE AT ALL>

they get it when everything costs more.

still no extra wealth created, just less jobs, and higher unemployment.

As an example the men in the oil industry are getting more cash for every barrel they get us. The investors taking big risk and financing these huge oil developments are getting rewarded.

As an example the men in the oil industry are getting more cash for every barrel they get us. The investors taking big risk and financing these huge oil developments are getting rewarded.

An increase in cash is only relative to what it will buy, in that case are they getting more cash?

Prime producers get some, evrybody else including all manufacturers and all consumers get to pay the bill.

Oh yes, this is going to work, trying to blow another bubble (actuallly multiple bubbles) has worked so well in the past it can't fail.

I suspect what will finish this (incresingly fake) monetary system off will be riots, and nothing short of very large, uncontrollable ones.

An increase in cash is only relative to what it will buy, in that case are they getting more cash?

Imo yes because the main cost for people is housing and it is coming down in price.

Imo yes because the main cost for people is housing and it is coming down in price.

Really? Rents are stagnant or up a little, house prices are 1% up on a year ago and deluded sellers abound, and the required deposit for a mortgage is 25%. There has been no drop in the cost of housing yet.

The cost of housing is not going down if they are paying more for everything and receivng the same or maginally higher wages, their savings and the incomes are being eroded leaving even less to pay for bubble priced housing.

It is going to be an epic fail, possibly bigger that the original problem, certainly with more widespread damage across a larger proportion fo the population, rather than the overleverageed twit proportion.

Well the upside targets are pretty much in place across the board FTSE 5900, DOW 10600( near enough), Gold 1350, dollar sentiment extremely negative, i just get the feeling reading on here certainty and sentiment of rising asset prices is pretty much as extreme as it was in 07 (although the reasons for it are clearly completely different, the sentiment is not)

One day's trading doesn't tell you anything. <_<

One day's trading doesn't tell you anything. <_<

One day? try over a years waiting for those targets, the last two days sentiment/ euphoria tells me lots, it might not tell you anything but thats somewhat different

but the ability to spend is decreasing....as wages are static...

the inflationery squeeze is on...thanks to rescueing malinvestors...which is the FEDs mandate....stability in the banking system...food? you dont need it.

Big rise in producer prices in October according to this morning’s ONS release.

Input prices rose 2.1% between Sept and Oct, and are currently up 8% year-on-year. Imported materials were up 2.2% in a single month, mainly due to the rise in the price of crude oil.

Output prices rose 0.6% month-on-month, and are up 4.0% year-on-year.

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/pdfdir/ppi1110.pdf

Hooray. We can all celebrate!

I'll carry out my celebrations down at the local soup kitchen with the thousands of others who've had their savings transferred to the oilmen....

That is if there's any soup...