House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pezerinno

Escrow

I need to send a couple thousand US dollars via Escrow should I

A/ Wire the money from my HSBC online account pay the fee plus the poorer exchange rate or

B/ Use XEtrade whereby I believe I can bank transfer the money to them from my HSBC online account in sterling (therefore free of charge) and they wire it to my escrow account at a better exchange rate?

I can't see the exact exchange rate until I have signed up with XEtrade however I think it would be around .1 of a percent difference. Method A is obviously easier (can do it in a couple of minutes) where as I need to sent XE my ID etc also I'm not certain I can do it free of charge?

I need to send a couple thousand US dollars via Escrow should I

A/ Wire the money from my HSBC online account pay the fee plus the poorer exchange rate or

B/ Use XEtrade whereby I believe I can bank transfer the money to them from my HSBC online account in sterling (therefore free of charge) and they wire it to my escrow account at a better exchange rate?

I can't see the exact exchange rate until I have signed up with XEtrade however I think it would be around .1 of a percent difference. Method A is obviously easier (can do it in a couple of minutes) where as I need to sent XE my ID etc also I'm not certain I can do it free of charge?

To hell with HSBC

I don't know Xetrade, but check moneybookers escrow, I've been using them for years always had what felt like reasonable rates.

May compare.

To hell with HSBC

I don't know Xetrade, but check moneybookers escrow, I've been using them for years always had what felt like reasonable rates.

May compare.

I need to wire money to the escrow.com site so don't think I can do that through moneybookers?

I use HIFX for both business and personal money transfers, they wont charge you fees on the onward payment and will give you a better rate then the bank. I have recommended them before on here, but am just a customer and have no interest in the company.

You can also try www.Transpact.com, which is a relatively new FSA and HMRC registered UK based escrow service.

I can highly recommend it.

If you can transact in GBP or EUR, the costs are almost negligible.

If you must transact in USD, then costs are higher but manageable (but then that is also true of Moneybookers and Escrow.com for USD transactions).

I use HIFX for both business and personal money transfers, they wont charge you fees on the onward payment and will give you a better rate then the bank. I have recommended them before on here, but am just a customer and have no interest in the company.

Thanks HiFx worked a treat.

Thanks HiFx worked a treat.

No problem. They are taking me out to lunch in a couple of weeks, so I have definitely earned it now!